Gearbox No Longer Updating Battleborn as Devs Shift Focus to New Project

Gearbox No Longer Updating Battleborn as Devs Shift Focus to New Project

11
Dean Abdou

Gearbox has announced that the team will be winding down work on Battleborn as the devs plan to shift over to an unannounced project.

Starting from this week there will be no more planned content for Battleborn. The Fall Update will be the games final major update which will introduce new skins,  updated title art, additional Finisher Boosts and Taunts along with some minor balance changes.

Whilst the door closes on Battleborn a new door opens fora new unannounced project that the devs are currently working on. There's no news on when we can expect to see this new game be announced but it sounds like it is well underway.

If you'd like to read more about the Battleborn news you can check out the forum post here.

Comments
11
  • Brothers In Arms
  • Borderlands 3!!
  • This is sad news to me as Battleborn is a great game but thanks to 2K bungling the release date, it never stood a chance against the onslaught of games that came out last May :(. I really hope the 1.08 patch, manages to fix the small but lingering list of issues that are left e.g the painful waiting times whilst waiting for a match to start, the long load times when trying to access the Command Center, the poor collision detection in certain maps etc.
  • And nothing of value was lost
  • I guess their finally throwing in the towel. Even though this game sold poorly, 2K and Gearbox deserve a lot of credit for giving it so much support for so long after launch. They really did try to make it work, but Overwatch stole a lot of its attention.
  • Although I never played the game myself I'm really surprised to hear this. It seemed they were releasing a lot of content pretty frequently for this game so I thought it would have support for much longer than just a year and a half after launch. Hopefully everyone playing it has gotten their monies worth. And @2 I hope it is for Borderlands 3. Get all resources available to make it a massive game.
  • @6: It will be Borderlands 3, as they have nothing else in active development that requires such a huge amount of resources and manpower. Rumour has it that over 300 people are working on BL3, which equates to approx 90% of the company's current workforce. The other 10% will most likely be the remaining teams that are still allocated to the Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and, of course, Battleborn.
  • Coming soon to PS+.
  • Poor Battleborn never had a chance. RIP
  • Arena shooters just do not work. Mobas are boring.
  • Hate gearbox they have a really bad Rep. They might as well merge with wildcard
  • You need to register before being able to post comments

Game navigation