- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Platinum Difficulty Thread)
- Breakdown (Offline): 50 (40 / 6 / 3 / 1 )
- Approximate amount of time to : 10-20 Hours (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+ Story Mode (X-Men and Brotherhood Factions), and Clean Up via Mission Select and Select Challenge
- Number of missable trophies: None via Continue (New Game Plus), Select Mission, and Select Challenge
- Glitched trophies: None
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, you need to finish the game on X-treme difficulty.
About the Game:
X-Men Destiny is an action & adventure RPG developed by Silicon Knights. In this game, some destines are chosen. You'll control the fate of one of three new mutants that are being introduced into the X-Men universe, each with his or her own background story. As you play through the game you'll be given choices that will decide the fate of humanity or its destruction. The game offers plenty of features of choice, such as allowing you to customize and enhance your mutant's powers and abilities through branching decision trees. The choices you make will decide who you fight alongside with or against some of Marvel’s greatest X-Men franchise characters such as Cyclops, Magneto, Wolverine, and Gambit.
The first playthrough of the game is where you'll be unlocking the vast majority of almost all the trophies. From the start of the game you'll be given a choice of one of three new rookie mutants as your playable character. Once you've chosen a Core Iconic Power for your mutant you’ll eventually run into Pyro. At this point, you should decide if you want your first playthrough to be an X-Men Faction or a Brotherhood Faction playthrough.
Once you've decided on which Faction you'll go with, it's highly recommended that you stick with it for the rest of the game. The story mode missions will always have a choice related towards either the X-Men Faction or Brotherhood Faction. These choices are given to you during conversion dialogues from X-Men franchise characters such as Cyclops, Magneto, Surge, and Quicksilver. When making a final decision you'll gain Faction Meter points added towards your desired first playthrough.
In the story mode, you'll encounter unique challenge missions. These challenge missions will have an effect on your Faction Level meter, but not all challenges. Simply ignore the challenges that a mutant from the opposing Faction side offers you and only do the ones that are related to your choice. If you keep this up throughout the game, you will get 1 side of all story related trophies and all the X-Men or Brotherhood trophies as long as you are being consistent with one of the Factions, then you have no problems to worry about.
In addition, during this playthrough there are a few things you should take note of. While playing through the game you should focus on collecting collectible items found throughout the world. Below is a short briefing of things that you should keep in mind:
- Throughout the world you’ll find red posters on the walls of buildings. These posters belong to the Purifiers, an anti-mutant extremist group. Finding and destroying 25 pieces of propaganda will unlock the Cleaned up the City trophy. Thankfully, there are a total of 34 Propaganda throughout the world and only 25 of them are needed for the trophy.
- Throughout the world you'll find collectible cards that you can find throughout the game. These dossiers contain Bio information about Mutants or Factions. Finding and collecting 15 will unlock the Archivist trophy. Thankfully, there are a total of 24 dossiers throughout the world and only 15 of them are needed for the trophy.
- Throughout the game you'll find X-Genes that are based on iconic X-Men/Brotherhood characters. X-Genes are used to modify your mutant's own abilities and/or appearance as well as granting them brand-new powers. X-Genes can be found hidden throughout the world, as a challenge reward items, or dropped by iconic characters.
- Like X-Genes, suits are themed around popular X-Men/Brotherhood characters and will change the look of the character. Suits can be found hidden throughout the world, as a challenge reward items, or dropped by iconic characters.
Unique Challenge Missions:
- Throughout the game you'll find unique challenge missions that are either hidden within the story mode mission or they’re offered by an X-Men/Brotherhood mutant. There are a total of 15 unique challenge missions throughout the game. Completing all 15 unique challenge missions will unlock the Completionist trophy, but remember on your first playthrough you can only manage to complete at least 10, since some challenge missions you'll have to ignore if they're against your Faction choice. Don't worry about missing a challenge mission or failing a challenge mission. If you fail a mission it's okay because once you've beaten the game, you can simply replay the challenge mission again by doing the following:
- Go to the Main Menu
- Select Load
- Select Your Save Character Data File
- Select Mission
- Select the Mission Level that's missing a Challenge
Fully Leveling All Powers:
- While playing through the game you'll be collecting experience points. Your collected experience points can be spent in the in-game pause menu by pressing the button and then selecting either X-Genes & Suits or Mutant Powers. You can gain experience points by defeating enemies, destroying propaganda, and completing mission objectives and challenge missions. Adding experience points towards genes can give you status boosts and other bonuses, while points towards your mutant abilities will enable you to unlock new abilities and attacks.
Playthrough 2: X-treme Difficulty
Once you have completed the game for the first time. You'll have the options to carry over everything that you have collected or unlocked such as current experience points, dossiers, propaganda, X-Genes, Suits, all your powers, and abilities, and enemy defeated statuses. You can do all of this by simply doing the following:
- Go to the Main Menu
- Select Continue
This will make your next playthrough a breeze and you'll be flying through it relatively much faster than your first playthrough.
Once you have completed the game, go to the Main Menu and select Continue. Upon selecting continue you'll be given the opportunity to choose a difficulty. Select X-treme difficulty to ensure that you unlock the Omega Level Mutant trophy on this playthrough. Since you're now familiar to the game, this playthrough will be a breeze and you'll be flying through it relatively much faster than your first playthrough because you'll carry over all your current upgraded powers and abilities as well as other in-game statistics.
Whichever Faction path that you have chosen during your previous playthrough, you'll now need to do the opposite Faction path during this playthrough. So if you were an X-Men Faction, be a Brotherhood Faction and make all the opposite decisions as you play through the story mode again and be sure to complete all the opposite Faction challenge missions that you had to ignore from your previous playthrough. And remember to continue collecting any collectibles that you missed during your previous playthrough. If you're having a difficult time with Omega Level Mutant, then please refer to its trophy description in the guide.
Once you've completed the game for the second time, you'll have nearly all the trophies except for the defeated enemy related trophies. Thankfully, instead of doing a third playthrough you can simply clean up any trophies that you're missing via Select Mission and Select Challenge. These options will enable you to replay a certain story mode mission or a challenge mission over again. Utilize these two features to finish up all your defeat enemy trophies and to finish up any more collectibles trophies. If you need more information about how to grind defeats faster or collectible locations, then please check the guide for them and go finish and complete the trophies.
[PST Would Like To Thank Blaze Naruto Shippuden for this Roadmap]