- Estimated trophy difficulty: 7/10 (personal estimate)
- Offline: 31 (14, 10, 6, 1)
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 15 - 20+ hours, greatly dependent on skill
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1, but you’ll most likely retry a lot of Zones
- Missable trophies: None
- Glitched Trophies: 2 - River & Neutrino Speed Is Too Slow (for more information see the introduction)
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No known cheats
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulty setting (besides 8-bit gamer mode in the Smith's Challenge, for which you only need to redo the 10th mission on this difficulty setting)
This game is in a way a variation on the classic game "Memory" (which coincidentally is also one of the available minigames). I say this because, due to it's speed, this game requires you to memorize all the things you have to do and when and where you have to do it. The consequence of this is that you will have to replay many of the Zones before you'll have mastered them. Sadly due to this, I can not possibly think of more tips that could help you, other than: keep trying and you'll succeed.
There are a few bugs you might encounter. Luckily all of them are easily fixed:
- You might experience a bug where the River and/or Neutrino Speed Is Too Slow trophie(s) won’t pop. If this happens, simply collect another survivor in a Zone or Bonus Mission to unlock River and/or replay a critical urgency Zone and earn the “Perfect” rank again to unlock Neutrino Speed Is Too Slow.
- A bug might occur where playing through all the stages in 8-bit mode, without having beaten them in casual mode first, doesn't unlock the ingame award for the Navigator trophy. Should this happen: replay the last level (10) in casual mode and the ingame award should unlock.
- A bug might occur where getting a trophy doesn't unlock the associated ingame award (other than the Navigator trophy, see above). Should this happen: go to the main menu, press the save button in the upper right corner, completely close the game and restart it, the ingame award should now be unlocked.
1. Beat all 50 zones and earn the PERFECT score
Play through all the Zones and try to get the “Perfect” ranking immediately by:
- Finishing the game within the fastest time limit
- Rescuing every survivor
- Getting more than the highest score requirement (by killing enemies and collecting items/survivors)
- Not dying, if you do: hit start --> restart and try again
Once you've tried enough times to make a Zone your own, you will succeed in getting a "perfect" ranking.
A good advice is to primarily use to kill enemies, instead of using , unless a situation has so many enemies so that the weapon under is better suited (this only happens 2 or 3 times though!).
Once you’ve gotten a “Perfect” ranking on all 50 Zones, you’ll have unlocked the following trophies:
Face Palm Napalm
A Perfect 10
We Don't Need Roads...
Neutrino Speed Is Too Slow
2. Unlock and succeed in every bonus mission, play every minigame
During your playthrough, you should have collected a fair few bonus medals, if you haven’t collected them all, here is the list where to find them:
1. Zone 2
2. Zone 5
3. Zone 6
4. Zone 9 (Crab Nebula)
5. Zone 12 (Viper's Trial)
6. Zone 14 (Smith's Challenge)
7. Zone 16
8. Zone 19
9. Zone 21
10. Zone 23
11. Zone 25
12. Zone 27
13. Zone 30
14. Zone 32
15. Zone 34
16. Zone 35
17. Zone 39
18. Zone 44 (Rama Remembers)
19. Zone 47 (James vs Bolivar)
20. Zone 50 (Enders Game)
See Bonus and secret area medal locations (incl. screenshots) for screenshots of the locations.
Beat them to unlock the following trophies:
Taking All The Credit
3. Collect every remaining in-game award (mop up)
Collect the remaining trophies and awards in the game, which should be:
- Hit boost 100 times in a single Zone
- Find every secret area (see the Bonus and secret area medal locations (incl. screenshots))
- Using the portal () teleport 1000 times (as this probably won't come naturally)
- Beat Smith's Challenge on hard (you only have to complete the 10th stage in 8-bit mode to unlock this)
- Beat the 18th Zone again, but this time without collecting the weapon upgrade
- Beat the 21st Zone again, but this time without collecting any survivors
- Find the wallpaper, options and enemies secrets
Completing these will earn you the following trophies:
Completing all ingame awards will grant you:
Show Thumb Respect
[PS3T Would Like to Thank LordBeloved for this Roadmap]