- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (personal)
- Offline trophies: 29 (6, 17, 5, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 21-25 hours (estimated)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 2 (1 with backing up saves)
- Number of missable trophies: 8 - The tools of the profession , Keep your distance , Weapons of choice , Lore keeper , Just take a bite , Merciful release , Bloody roots , Not even once
- Glitched trophies: None
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes - Cannot unlock Not Even Once if you play in Story Mode.
- Do trophies stack?: No
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: None.
- Additional peripherals required?: None
Be prepared to be hunted down by Vampire Hunters while you make your journey. Are you going to give into your vampire tendencies by feeding off of innocent citizens to gain more power, or can you resist your hunger?
There is a glitch in the game that can give you infinite XP. To do this, you will need an external keyboard. Plug in the keyboard to your PS4 and rest in a bed. This will bring up your skill upgrades. Select an upgrade and then hold down O and P on the keyboard. This will continue to add XP to you until you let go. You can do this at any point in the game as long as you are on the upgrade screen.
There are two different ways to go about this. You can go for the single playthrough, where you will need to make two backup saves or you can do two playthroughs. If you choose to go through the single playthrough, here are the two points where you should make a backup save:
- As soon as you get off Dr. Swansea’s boat when you arrive at the hospital for the first time. Choose to embrace Clay and then load your backup save and then choose to release him.
- Start of Chapter 6. Finish off your collectables that involve killing citizens and then sleep and ensure all the districts turn hostile, then load up your backup and continue on with the game.
Step 1: Kill All Humans
Here you will want to focus on all the trophies besides the Merciful release and Not Even Once, as they are for not killing any NPCs. I suggest you wait at least until Chapter 6 before you start hunting down the collectables obtained from the NPCs, as by then your mesmerise level will be high enough to affect everyone needed.
Make sure to continually heal people who get sick and do the side quests as that will raise the health of the districts. You do not want the districts to go into “hostile” health before you are ready, as people will go missing and start dying, which will make obtaining certain collectables impossible. Also, make sure to save anyone who is in need of help (which a side quest will start) when you are running around, as if you leave them they can die and you will lose out on collectables. Warning: Under no circumstances should you read the note that Usher Talltree asks you to retrieve during the Pandora's Box mission, else you will lock yourself out of a highly missable collectible and the Lore keeper trophy.
Here you should earn:
Unlife is strange
The tools of the profession
Keep your distance
Weapons of choice
Work in progress
Solid metal gear
Anarchy in the UK
From here to eternity
At dawn we row
Just take a bite
Interview with the vampire
Prepare to die
The Dying Swansea
A taste for blood
Defeat the beast
Death on stage
Bury the hatchet
Step 2: Spare All Humans
You should only have two trophies left:
Not Even Once
Time for your no kill run. You CANNOT play this run on Story difficulty. If you do, the trophy Not Even Once will not unlock. If you missed any other trophies, now is the time to focus on them. Make sure to make the right choices during your main quests to not kill anyone, and do not embrace any of the NPCs. You will be under leveled throughout the game, making it more difficult to progress, so keep your weapons upgraded and also keep serums on you when needed.
After going through the first run, you should know what to expect and where to go, making this a quick run. Just blow through the story and get your remaining trophies.
[PST Would Like To Thank PainOfDemise for this Roadmap]