If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (Platinum Difficulty Poll)
- Offline trophies: 11 (1, 3, 7)
- Online trophies: 5 (1, 1, 2, 1)
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 11-15 Hours (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: Repeated tournament playthroughs required to grind coins, though a tournament can be completed in a matter of minutes.
- Number of missable trophies: None
- Glitched trophies: Yes, but to the benefit of the trophy hunter here. Despite trophy descriptions stating that certain online trophies must be completed on Ranked Matches they can actually be done in Private Matches.
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Other than the difficulty specific trophies Contender and Grand Master , the difficulty will not matter. You do earn more coins on harder difficulties so it is reccomended to play on Medium when grinding out coins to unlock all characters and balls.
- Extra equipment needed?: There is an exploit you can use with either cloud saves or a USB memory card that is highly recommended to cut down your coin grind significantly. A boosting partner is also recommended.
Welcome to Timber Tennis Versus, another title in the Timberman line of games. Did we really need a tennis themed game with this intellectual property? Not really, but the game has some character to it and the simple premise is easy to grasp. You don't even need to hit a button to hit the ball, just move and to line up in front of the ball and it will be automatically returned.
There is a bit of a grind to unlock everything, though not as tedious as the predecessor Timberman VS. You'll need to win 50 online matches, then play enough single player games/tournaments to unlock all the characters and balls. When grinding for coins you may want to play on Medium to find that happy middle ground between quick winnable matches and coin earning potential.
Step 1: Online Boosting
Find a friend or set up a gaming session to grind out 50 online wins. Despite the description in the trophies they do not have to be ranked mataches. You can also win a game with a perfect 8-0 score as well as come back from being down 0-4 to win 5-4. Aside from those two games, you should play one point matches.
Step 2: Single Player
Now you will venture off on your own against the CPU in Career Mode (tournaments). These tournaments actually go really quick on either Easy (3 matches), Medium (5 matches) or Hard (7 matches). You will need to win a tournament on Hard 5 times, where you will likely win 10 games/matches in a row somewhere within there.
Step 3: Coin Grind
Your last task will be to earn enough coins to unlock all the characters and all the balls. It's best to play tournaments on Medium so you can earn coins quickly as rallies on Hard can sometimes be drawn out or even the potential that you could lose.
You will want to hold off on buying anything from the Shop until you have enough coins to buy out one specific category. Once you've reached this point, save your game and back it up on the cloud or a USB device. Then buy out either the Characters or Ball category. Once you get the respective trophies, close your game and override your save with the one that was backed up. You can now buy out what you can from the other category and then grind out the last few matches.
My dad is a tennis ball fanatic