Banner by kinjall
If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 1/10 (Platinum Difficulty Poll)
- Offline trophies: 12 (0, 0, 11, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 3-5 Hours (Estimate Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: 5 (All together, again , Cutiepie , GhostHunters , Pack Rat , Spicy )
- Glitched trophies: 1 (All together, again )
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulty settings
Very Important Note Before starting: This game is about very sensitive topics, like love between adults and minors, suicide and family troubles. If you are susceptible towards these topics or any personal issues that could be triggered by playing this game, please be aware.
The Suicide of Rachel Foster is a "Walking Simulator" set in a big, old hotel, probably inspired by the Overlook Hotel of The Shining. You will explore the hotel unveiling the story of the main character, Nicole, her family and the little Rachel, who committed suicide because of her relationship with Nicole's Father.
For a best experience, this game should be played with your headpones: you will be surrounded by a creepy atmosphere full of small and big noises and some long silences.
The game itself is very easy and quick and also the platinum is quite easy if you like to explore and don't miss the only 5 missables trophies. I suggest to play the game without looking at the trophies, just taking care on some special things I will list in the Walkthrough. Don't rush it and enjoy the story and the atmosphere.
Note on trophy list: Because of the nature of this game, i will not write the action you have to do to get the trophy. I will only write what you need but not how to get it. The game is easy, you don't need a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Play the game blind, watching out for days 3, 6, 7 and the ending.
Start the game and do a blind run first. Fortunately, the game is easy to platinum, as the missables trophies ae easy to get if you explore the game and don't rush on it. There are some decisions to be made during dialogues but they're not affecting the platinum. However, I will list here the only missable trophies and the actions that must be done in order to avoid you another full or small playthrough:
- Day 3: be sure to pick the Polaroid and the Dynamo Flashlight. You will need them, however, to progress in the chapter but they can be missable.
- Day 6: After reaching room 117 but before entering it, go to the women's bathroom on the ground floor and wait for the conversation to unlock Spicy .
- Day 7: Look at the Christmas tree and report to Irving. Be flirting with him to unlock Cutiepie .
After that, use the parabolic microphone to detect the small sound and walk around the hotel until you got some interferences. Do not go into the ballroom until you got GhostHunters .
- Ending: IMPORTANT: Quit the game and back up your save data as this is the only buggy trophy. Be sure to shut down the car engine to get All together, again .
Note on Day 8: This is the only day where you will not have any clue. You will find yourself in the church without a clue on what to do next. To go on, go to the master room and check the chair next to your bed.
At the end of this step you will get:
"Nice" to meet you
Freeze to death
Is she really dead?
Someone was here
All together, again
Step 2: Second Playthrough
If for any reason you didn't unlock some of the trophies, just play through the game again until the day you need.
See each trophy description for more information.