If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 7/10 (Platinum Difficulty Poll)
- Offline: 27
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 15-20 hours (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Missable trophies: Most of them as there is no New Game Plus or chapter select.
- Does difficulty affect trophies: Yes, The Protocol is About Life
- Unobtainable/glitched trophies: None
The Callisto Protocol is the debut game from newly formed studio, Striking Distance Studios, a studio headed up by Dead Space veteran Glen Schofield, with the likes of Steve Papoutsis, another Dead Space veteran, on the team. As you can imagine then, it should come as no surprise that The Callisto Protocol is very Dead Space-like, which is nothing but a good thing.
In terms of The Callisto Protocol trophy list, it's a fairly quick completion, coming in at roughly 15 hours, but it's also a potentially annoying list for a few reasons too: There is a hard difficulty trophy which can actually be pretty tricky; and there's no chapter select or New Game Plus. There are collectibles, too, making this a recipe for disaster.
The way to approach The Callisto Protocol without having to play the game twice is this: play on Maximum Security difficulty and follow our Implant Bios collectibles guide so that you can get Grim Reaper . There are a lot of story trophies that you'll get naturally; and some combat ones you'll have to get as well. The truth is though, you'll likely get a lot of these naturally. Some, however, like In Striking Distance , you might miss depending on your playstyle. So, make sure you get the following by adjusting your playstyle:
- Giving Back - Stealth kill 5 blind enemies.
- Get a Grip - Grab 25 enemies with the GRP.
- In Striking Distance - Kill an GRP'd enemy with a melee combo.
- Float Like A Butterfly - Perform 5 perfect dodges.
- Mugshot - Take a photo using photo mode.
- Flesh Wound - Knock both arms off an enemy.
- Chew 'Em Up - Kill 10 enemies with environmental hazards.
- Workplace Hazard - Use the GRP to kill an enemy with an environmental hazard.
And there's a couple RPG trophies you need to keep an eye out for as well:
The rest are story-related.
The Callisto Protocol is a fairly quick, but fairly challenging platinum. That's mainly down to the fact that Maximum Security difficulty is no walk in the park. Prepare to be frustrated at times, but because the game is pretty damn good and looks stunning on the PS5, you won't mind that too much.