Banner by kinjall
If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Platinum Difficulty Poll)
- Offline trophies: 48 (34, 11, 2, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 55-65 hours (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: 0
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No, you can play on any difficulty
Welcome to the 17th main game in the Tales series. The game is an action RPG where you control one character and have up to 3 others fight along side you based on settings you have for them. Each character has a different skillset that they excel at.
Since no trophies are missable feel free to play throuh the game at your own pace, I would recommend doing the Side Quests you can while you go as it will prevent you from needing to spend time later. Always be building new weapons as it will give you more power and you will have to craft them later anyway.
- Use the stat boosting herbs on the people you use the most, focusing on what they are good at or lacking. I gave Alphen all the Attack and Penetration herbs, Rinwell got all the HP herbs with most of the Elemental Attack Herbs, Shionne got the remainder of the Elemental Attack herbs and Defence Herbs, while Kisara got the Elemental Defence Herbs.
- Artifacts are quite important but can change depending on what you want each character to do so this is what I had for each character. Alphen - Warriors Emblem with Counterattack Damage +30% x4. Shionne - Faerie Ring with Half AG Cost 20% x2, Decreased Agro L, CP Cost -10%. Rinwell - Mystery Crest with Counterattack Damage +30% x4, Law - Impact Ring with Penetration +120 x4. Kisara - Resist Ring with Elemental Defence +60 x3, Increased Aggro L. Dohalim - Faerie Ring CP Cost -10% x3, Decreased Aggro L.
- The best team I found was Alphen, Shionne, Dohalim, and Rinwell. I disabled the melee range attacks on Dohalim and Rinwell as I wanted them to mainly be casters with Dohalim the backup healer behind Shionne.
- Alphen's Reigning Slash is very strong as it does a high amount of damage and the animation is not very long.
- The DLC boosts do not stop your progress so feel free to use them as you wish, some will grant you items, increased limits, less cost in shop and for skills, or increase your level. The level increase I would suggest leaving until later. If you use them it will make almost everything in the game a cake-walk except for 2 sub quests at level 95+.
Step 1: Complete the Game
As nothing in the game is missable you can progress through the story at your pace. It is recommended to do the side quests you are able to as you move through the areas to save time later, along with grabbing some collectibles.
Trophies earned this step:
Emissary of Liberation
Vanquishers of Darkness
Comrades in Freedom
Liberator of Dahna
What's in a Name?
Step 2: Post Game Clean-up
After you complete the story the game will put you back to right before you go face the final boss, from here can go complete side quests, collectibles, fishing, and anything else you might need. Feel free to tackle them in any order you wish.
Trophies earned this step:
An Honest Mage
A Modest Dream
Drink 'til You Drop
Big Game Hunter
Putting the Past in its Place
Ceaseless Chatterbox Arisen