- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (personal opinion) (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 33 (21, 5, 6, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 15-20hrs (personal opinion) (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: None
- Glitched trophies: Yes, 4 if you play unpatched - Kelp Forest of Fear and Sleepy Time don't unlock in the unpatched version of the game and on any patch below 1.03, you cannot earn Squidward's Spatula in his house if you progress too far in the game so see the "Annoy Squidward" requirement for Super Ultra Mega Spatula Seeker and 100% SpongeBob .
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
- Do trophies stack?: No
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available
- Additional peripherals required?: No
SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated is a remake of the 2003 game of the same name, for GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Microsoft Windows and Game Boy Advance, upscaled for the new age with HD visuals. The game is based on the TV Show Spongebob Squarepants and you play as a frycook named SpongeBob Squarepants as you traverse through levels and level areas collecting kelp Shinies (a mulitcoloured sea object) and defeating Plankton's array of villains, created with his Duplicatotron 3000 machine, that he wants to use to steal the Krabby Patty formula.
You can switch between Sandy Cheeks (a karate enthusiast squirrel and tree-dome dweller) and Patrick Star (a not particularly bright starfish) throughout the game at shell checkpoints.
- to view on-screen collectables.
- to jump, and press twice to double jump in mid-air.
- to pick up objects when you go near them and again to release the object.
- to attack, to move around, to move camera
- to change characters at bus spots.
- to Bubble Boost; hold down and release to build up speed. These abilites are awarded by Bubble Buddy: Bubble Boost when you have 15 golden spatulas and have unlocked the "Poseidome" area. You'll know you're here when you have Sandy's Tree-Dome opposite the Sandy Shoals care home.
- Hold down and then press to Bubble Boost Cruise Control with SpongeBob. Aim with left analogue stick. These abilites are awarded by Bubble Buddy: Bubble boost cruise control when you have 40 golden spatulas and have unlocked "The Industrial Park" area. You'll know you're here when you have The Krusty Krab opposite The Chum Bucket.
- To use SpongeBob's Jellyfishing net to attack things press .
- Stun enemies and throw them into objects by pressing to jump in mid-air once, then pressing once near the vicinity of an enemy to stun them. Then you can pick them up and throw them into things with
- Jump up with and then latch onto an aerial target with to lasso across.
Step 1: Playthrough the game
It is recommend that on your first playthrough you just play the game through casually and enjoy it. Once you've gotten 70 gold spatulas to unlock the Chum Bucket Lab level, defeated Robo-Spongebob, and unlocked the playable credits scene for the end of Plankton's Lab, you will have completed the game.
However, it is recommend that you keep in mind some glitchy spatula and trophy requirements, all with workarounds:
- Note: This has been fixed with the 1.03 patch. As soon as you start the game, exit Spongebob's pineapple and go to Squidward's house, making sure to smash up everything in there straight away while jumping around - else the spatula for "Annoy Squidward" won't be awarded if you try to do it later on in the game: it will appear to stay as a silver icon in the in-game menu, meaning the game thinks the spatula hasn't been collected. If you don't do this, you'll have to start the game from scratch.
- Bubble Buddy's Cruise Control Bubble is glitched: Once you have collected 40 spatulas, you gain the ability of cruise control from Bubble Buddy but if you skip his text with instead of scrolling through it with it will not give you the ability. Thankfully, this seems to auto-rectify itself some way through the game after this point.
- If you don't play on the patched version of the game, Spongebob's house doesn't have enough items in it to collect for the Time For Tutorial trophy.
- The trophy requirements for spatulas are a bit glitchy but will fix themselves on the patched version: For the Kelp Forest level you have to find six campers and in Rock Bottom you need to talk to Plankton for the "Find All The Lost Campers" and "Lasers are Fun and Good For You" spatula requirements, respectively. Both of these will show up as silver icons on the in-game menu, meaning the game thinks they haven't been collected. To rectify, play on the patched version so they will show up as gold icons.
- The Kelp Forest of Fear and Sleepy Time trophies don't unlock when played on the unpatched version so go into Kelp Forest and Spongebob's Dream, for the game to autosave the level's progress and unlock the trophies.
- The spatula in the Chum Bucket will not appear as the total of 100 spatulas. The game will fool you into thinking you've gotten all of the gold spatulas when you haven't. Going from unpatched to patched, this cannot be fixed; you will need to collect it.
There is a general glitch with Patrick where sometimes he will lock onto a target but will throw the watermelon in a different direction.
At the end of this step, you should unlock the following:
Hit Rock Bottom
The Small Does Not Rule
Super Spatula Seeker
Ultra Spatula Seeker
SpongeBob vs SpongeBob!
Step 2: Collectable clean-up
Now it's time to go through the levels and level areas to collect everything. Some of these you will need to talk to the character (Mrs. Puff, Larry the Lobster, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, Plankton, Bubble Buddy etc.) before they can be collected,so make sure to press to converse as much as you can when entering and exiting levels and areas. Others will be collected when paying to open a seashell clam, revealing things (like a Sea Needle or a bridge etc.).
There are a total of:
- 100 Gold Spatulas
- 80 Patrick Socks
- 4 Cannons in Flying Dutchman's Graveyard
- 8 Sandymen in Sand Mountain
- 5 Children Carrying Balloons in Goo Lagoon
- 4 Terminal Switches (Red to Green) in Mermalair
- 11 Miniature Ship Wheels in Downtown Bikini Bottom
- 6 Campers in Kelp Forest
- 6 Paintings in Rock Bottom
- 1 Jelly Bottle in Jellyfish Fields
The other two things you need to do are talk to Patrick and Mr. Krabs to award you spatulas when you've done their tasks of collecting socks or Kelp Shinies. The last thing you will inevitably need to do is pay Mr. Krabs because you will not have enough Shinies by the end of the game, even if you've done everything else, to do this. Mr. Krabs needs a total of 41,000 for all 8 spatulas as of the 1.03 patch. See Super Ultra Mega Spatula Seeker for info. Additionally, check out my 100% Walkthrough Supplement: LINK
By the end of this step, you will unlock the following:
Time For Tutorial
Life's as extreme as you wanna make it!
Hello, Bikini Bottom
Uptown and Downtown
Keep it Rolling
Kelp Forest of Fear
Are you ready now?
Mega Spatula Seeker
Super Ultra Mega Spatula Seeker
[PST Would Like To Thank mjfan97 for this Roadmap]