- Estimated Platinum Difficulty: 6/10
- Approximate Time To Platinum: 15-20 hours
- Offline: 38 10 2 1
- Online: 0
- Missable Trophies: None, with Chapter Select
- Minimum Playthroughs Needed: 2
- Difficulty Affects Trophies: Yes
- Glitched Trophies: None
- Cheats: None
You lie unconscious in your own pool of blood. You never saw it coming, as the Corrupted took you down in one fatal swipe. The love of your life, your girlfriend, Jen has been taken away. You're losing consciousness by the second. A mask lies before you, promising to give you back your life and the power to get Jen back. You have no choice; you don the mask. In a mere moment, you are transformed and given an incredible amount of power, fueled from the blood of the enemies you've killed. Your only goal? To get your girl back.
Inspired by the landmark 1988 arcade hit, Splatterhouse combines visceral, adrenaline-soaked combat with horror elements to deliver an original gaming experience that defies the boundaries of the traditional action category with over-the-top gore and shocking new gameplay mechanics.
Splatterhouse is a ridiculously violent, tasteless romp full of gore and sprinklings of Jennifer with her clothes off and every single moment of it is incredibly fun. If you're looking for a quick and fun rental, give this game a try!
1) COMPLETE THE GAME ON COWARD OR SAVAGE.
Unfortunately, you can’t play on Brutal (Hard) right away, as the game requires you to first finish the game for the first time to unlock it. Start your first playthrough on the difficulty of your choosing, either on Coward (Easy) or on Savage (Normal). The difficulty trophies are stacked, so if you begin on Savage, you'll earn both Bride Of The Corrupted and I Walk With Death.
Use this first playthrough to get all of the story collectibles, such as the ever sexy photos of your girlfriend Jen and the Gramophone Records Dr. West has place throughout the game. Piecing together all of the Jen’s photos in Story Mode will earn you Jen Smells Of Rot...Of The Grave and Creepy Show. Listening to all of Dr. West’s gramophone files will net you Audiophile.
In addition, you will be earning most of the combat related trophies during your progress. Some things to keep in mind when you’re playing:
- Whenever you come across a 2x4, swing it when you’re beside a wall to slam them against it, working towards The Blackest of Sundays.
- When you come across Cleavers, if you manage to dismember an enemies head off, pick the head up and throw/swing it at enemies for the Head On Arrival trophy.
- As soon as you purchase the "Tear you to Pieces" upgrade, allowing you to rip off an enemy's limbs, use it whenever you’re in a battle with no pickable items present. Not only does this kill enemies faster, but you can use their severed limbs to work towards None More Dead.
- When you unlock Splatter Smash and Splatter Slam, use it whenever enemies bunch up or you get ganged for some quick kills, as well as getting 100 kills for each move for their respective trophies.
Keeping track of your progress for the combat related trophies is made easy, as you can at any time, check the in-game Stats Menu via . In addition, the game will let you know when you've reached a certain milestone with one of the trophies, displayed on the right hand side of your screen. For example, when you've made your 10th Splatterkill, the game will let you know you're 10/75 from earning South of Hell.
2) COMPLETE THE GAME A SECOND TIME ON BRUTAL.
When you start a game for the second time, you have the option to bring over your upgraded Rick towards a new game. Do so! With your upgrades and skills, Brutal shouldn’t prove much of a challenge, especially when you can always heal on the fly using Splatter Siphon. The tactics you used for your previous playthrough should still suffice.
Use this playthrough to get the remaining combat related trophies you still haven’t earned.
3) SURVIVAL ARENA
Perhaps the hardest part of Splatterhouse, this is where you’ll be picking up the rest of the photos of Jen, as well as earning an S Rank on each level. Refer to the guide for Survival Arena tips.
By this point, you should only be a few upgrades away from earning Lust For After Life, so earn your remaining Blood Points here. Also, this is where you'll be earning the remaining percentages for The House That West Built.
[PS3T Would like to Thank Breadskin for this Roadmap]