- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10
- Offline: 46 ( 33, 11, 1, 1 )
- Online: 4 ( 2, 2)
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 15-20 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: 1 to Any (Ghost Master) - See "Glitched Trophies" for details.
- Do cheat codes disable trophies? - There are no cheat codes.
- Does difficulty affect trophies? - No
Hello folks! This is your commentator speaking and I welcome you boys and girls to Sonic and Sega All-Stars! - Introduction
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is a racing game featuring characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog series and other SEGA franchises. The reason why "Sonic" is in the title is not just for marketing purposes, but because a quarter of the playable characters are from the Sonic franchise.
Also I would like to say, we have finally got a kart racing game that ACTUALLY tests your kart racing skills thanks to the mission mode. There are 64 missions in total you must get a AAA rating in to get the platinum.
If you bought the game and got the platinum, please don't sell it yet. There is planned DLC coming for the game in the near future.
Overall you could say it's an easy platinum, and it is. But it's certainly not a quick one.
The "Ghost Master" is currently glitched. This is a bit hit or miss. You can get this trophy without problems. But some trying for it CAN be unlucky and not recieve the trophy. If you haven't got the Ghost Master trophy and in your stats it says you have defeated all ghosts, then I'm afraid you're screwed and you'll have to start a fresh game save.
There has been a number of people who having problems unlocking a certain number of random trophies too. If this ever happened to you, there is no workaround you MUST start a new save file to get them. It sucks, but this happens when your save file gets glitched.
Of course this is a kart racing game, with characters collecting power-ups to boost their speed or hamper their opponents. Like Sumo's previous Sega game, Sega Superstars Tennis, each character has a 'All-Star Move' unique to them, such as Sonic transforming into Super Sonic. They can be used against opponents. The game will have multiplayer options for up to four players in split-screen and eight players online.
Vehicles are separated into four different categories: racing, off-road, bike and hovercraft. As the terrain on the tracks will vary, vehicles can be either assisted or hindered by the surfaces they drive upon. For example, racing-type vehicles perform best on hard surfaces such as wood or concrete, but are hampered by soft terrain such as mud, sand or snow. The opposite is true for off-road type vehicles. Hovercraft are not affected by any terrain and are able to perform multiple boosts after a jump, but they are unable to drift and have low acceleration. All of the vehicles also have their own specific engine sounds. By playing through the game, players can earn Sega Miles that can be spent in the in-game shop to unlock additional content such as characters, tracks, art and songs.
The game will have customizable multiplayer options for up to four players on split-screen and eight players online, including Free Races and Arena Modes. There is also Grand Prix, Time Trials and Mission mode.
Here are a few notes:
- Don't worry about the license trophies until the very end of the roadmap.
- Be careful when you're playing this game. Many people have reported some trophies aren't unlocking for them. If this ever happened to you, there is no simpler way than to tell you that you're screwed and you'll have to start all over again.
- The Dreamarena trophy has been fixed in the latest patch. Ghost Master is unknown.
- When you want to purchase anything in store, make sure you purchase the items in this order:
- All the courses.
- ONLY buy these selected characters "Chuchus", "Beat" and "Zobio & Zobiko".
- All the music.
- All the rest of the Characters.
Nothing bad will happen if you mix this up, but your time to platinum will slightly increase.
- Getting the Magical Sound Shower trophy can be annoying if you don't keep track. That's why luckily I made a checklist in the Guide Supplements section in this guide. Printout a copy for yourself and tick off each track you are listening to.
1 - Complete Sonic's Test Drive
When you start up the game for the first time, the game will ask you to take a test drive. Select "Yes" and complete his test drive. DON'T quit until Sonic says you are ready to leave the test drive. Then leave the test drive. You should have the Rolling Start trophy after this.
2 - Complete all the Grand Prix Championships
First of all complete all the championships on Beginner difficulty. There is no trophy for completing a championship on higher difficulties. Your top priority on this is to come 1st in EVERY race in one championship. If you've done that, you should get a silver trophy. Then after that you just need to win all the championships.
At the end you should have all the trophies that are put down in the "Grand Prix Trophies" category below in the guide. If you don't, delete your save file and start again because your save file could be glitched.
3 - Complete Mission Mode
Your next task is to go mission mode and get AAA in every single mission. There are a total of 64 missions for you to complete and it will take a lot of your time. Some missions are difficult but doable. If you are stuck on one mission, feel free to post here or start a new thread and the friendly PS3T community will help you as soon as possible.
When you have completed every single mission to an AAA standard, you should have all the trophies under the "Mission Mode Trophies" category below in this guide.
4 - Purchase all the Courses & Complete all the Time Trials
By now you should have enough SEGA miles to purchase all the locked tracks (if you don't, still purchase some of the courses you can buy). Head over to Time Trial, select and play EACH course, being sure to also beat the Staff Ghost that is there.
If you didn't have enough SEGA miles to get all the courses from the start, now you should have enough. If not, do some single races until you get enough.
When you have beaten all the staff ghosts in each track, you should have all the trophies that are put down under the "Time Trial Trophies" category in this guide.
5 - Go and get all the PlayStation Network (Online) Trophies
You need a boosting partner for at least 1 trophy which is of course Dreamarena. Set up a match with them and take turns lapping and beating each other to quickly get the Dreamarena, Racing Hero and Outrunner trophies, then keep playing online races and using weapons on people until you get the Death Adder trophy.
6 - Clean Up
Now all that's left is getting the rest of the trophies from the "License Trophies", "Gameplay Trophies", "Shopping Trophies" and "Secret Trophies" categories in this guide. Here is what I suggest:
- First is to aim for the Fighters Megamix & Classic Collection trophies first. Then get the rest of the trophies in the "Gameplay Trophies" category except Magical Sound Shower. LEAVE that trophy for later.
- Then purchase the rest of the stuff from the store using your SEGA miles. Purchase the characters "Chu Chus", "Zobio and Zobiko" and "Beat" first. Then move to the music section and purchase all of the music. When you purchased all the music, move over to characters again and purchase them all. If you don't have enough then that's okay. Leave this to later.
- Get all the Secret trophies in the game. You should definitely have the Giant Egg trophy before doing this step if you have followed my roadmap. Just get the rest.
- Now aim for the Magical Sound Shower trophy. Purchase all the music. If you have been keeping track on the music you've been listening to you shouldn't be far from getting this trophy.
- Now the only trophy that should be standing in your way from your platinum is Golden Acts. Grind, grind and just grind until you have 750,000 SEGA miles.
[PST Would Like To Thank StarlightSammy for this Roadmap]