- Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 (personal estimate) (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 30 (17, 6, 6, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 2-4hrs (personal estimate) (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 + Cleanup
- Number of missable trophies: Half the list
- Glitched trophies: 0
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, the game must be completed on Expert
- Do trophies stack?: The Difficulty trophies stack but there is only the 1 list for this game
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: Using hints/skips will void some trophies
- Additional peripherals required?: No
Despite the name, Persian Nights: Sands of Wonders is not in fact another Prince of Persia game. Instead, it's another HO adventure game from Artifex Mundi. An evil vizier is poised to take over Persia and it's up to apothecary Tara, her mysterious companion Darius and their genie Minu to stop him and defeat the ancient evil power he wields.
If you've played any of these games, you know exactly what to expect from the trophy list. Play on Expert, don't skip any puzzles or use hints (i.e don't ) and make sure you gather all the collectibles. There's only one set of collectibles this time around, but they're surprisingly well hidden in the environment. Make them a priority every time you enter a new screen, as a few are located on screens you will only be able to access once. There is also a second set of pseudo-collectibles in the form of exhausting conversation options with your companion, Darius. However, you don't need to do anything special to get these conversations to trigger and the game makes it obvious when they're there (there will be a dialogue bubble on screen).
I have written a walkthrough here, that will get you all trophies in a single playthrough: LINK
Step 1: New game, expert, no hints/skips and gather all collectibles
Simply play through the game. As mentioned above, make collectibles a priority over everything else because they must all be collected in a single playthrough and some of them are on screens that you will only be able to access once (like in the maze). To help you out, I have listed the trophies in order of unlocking.
By the end of this step, you will have earned the story-related:
To the Skies!
The Radiant City
Long Live the King
Point of No Return
...and if you got all collectibles:
...and the miscellaneous:
Faster Than Light!
Step 2: Cleanup (optional)
If you missed any trophies in Step 1, you will need to start a new game to get another chance at them. As long as you unlocked the Expert difficulty and no hints/skips trophies in Step 1, feel free to play on casual and use hints/skips to make this playthrough go quicker.
By the end of this step, you will have earned:
Platinum - Congratulations!
[PST Would Like To Thank themindisacity for this Roadmap]