If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (personal estimate, see Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 36 (13, 19, 3, 1)
- Online trophies: None
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 20-25h (personal estimate, see Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 full playthrough + many boss fights
- Number of missable trophies: None
- Glitched trophies: The 5 mini-game trophies can all be glitchy ( Well-Timed Trumpet, Farmer's Deed, Ready to Rock and Roll, Feed the Troops and Klang, Klang!) as well as Divine Collection, but nothing game breaking if you pay attention (see guide for more details)
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: N/A
Patapon is a rhythm game sprinkled with real time strategy elements originally released on the PSP in 2007 in Japan and 2008 worldwide. Originally co-developped by Pyramid and Japan Studio and published by Sony, it inspired 2 sequels and was remastered for the PS4 in 2017.
The game has the player taking on the mantle of Kami, deity to a tribe of walking eyeballs called Patapons. Once flourishing, the tribe was banished from their home by the evil Zigoton Empire and are now only a mere shadow of their former glory. But with the Almighty One finally back, they embark on a journey to Earthend to gaze upon "IT" and reclaim their strength, fighting the Zigotons and giant beasts along the way!
The trophy list consists mostly of rather straightforward objectives: you will need to finish the game, defeating all bosses and unlocking all mini-games in the process. You will get most of these naturally, but you will also have to perform a few miscellaneous tasks. Eventually, the final stretch to get the plat will have you grind boss fights to acquire materials and forge ultimate equipment.
As a small side note, the names of some items and missions were changed through game updates. I've used the latest in-game terminology at the time of writing. This refers in particular (but is not restricted) to Mytheerial and the hunting mission "Desert Paradise", formerly known respectively as Mythril and "Sandy Paradise".
And without further ado, to Earthend! PATA-PATA-PATA-PON!
Step 1: Play through the story while defeating all bosses and unlocking all mini-games
The first step is very straightforward: play all story and hunting missions, unlock all mini-games and defeat all bosses. The trophies are listed below in the order you should unlock them. Remember that if a story mission is too hard, you can replay hunting missions as many times as you want to get materials and ka-ching to create more Patapons and strengthen your army!
- Patapons Come Home (prologue)
- Well-Timed Trumpet (story mission #2, "Escape from Exile")
- Gong's Hammer (story mission #5, "Gong the Hawkeye")
- Fleeting Guardian (story mission #6, "Ancestral Guardian")
- Dauntless Dragon (story mission #7, "Miracle of Lostdon")
- Divine Intervention (story mission #8, "Desert Crossing")
- Farmer's Deed (hunting mission "Creatures of the Sand")
- Desert Behemoth (story mission #10, "Desert Behemoth")
- Ready to Rock and Roll (hunting mission "Desert Paradise")
- Guardian of Knell (story mission #13, "Guardian of Knell")
- Precious Cargo (story mission #15, "Convoy Escort")
- Feed The Troops (hunting mission "World of Ooze")
- Winds of War (story mission #19, "Battle! Bachikoi Fort")
- Mythical Stone Goliath (story mission #20, "Lord of the Mountains")
- Guardian of Ancestral Heritage (story mission #22, "Awakening at Gaeen")
- Klang, Klang! (hunting mission "Search for a Lucky Star")
- Claws of Guchoppa (story mission #23, "Claws of Guchoppa Ruins")
- To the Rescue! (story mission #24, "Meden Kidnapped")
- Volcano Guardian (story mission #26, "Volcano Guardian")
- Master Baban's Demise (story mission #28, "Facing Gate Ghoul Baban")
- Kharma's Pet (story mission #30, "Kharma's Pet")
- The Dark Palace Guardian (story mission #31, "Dark Palace Guardian")
- Servant of Darkness (story mission #33, "Servant of Darkness")
Step 2: Clean-up the remaining trophies
With the story done and dusted there will still be a number trophies for you to earn, listed below in what should be the most appropriate order.
You might very well have unlocked some of them naturally while playing through the story:
- King of Ka-Ching
- Slow But Strong
- The Rarest Rarepon
- Collect Them All
- Invincible Warrior
- Fever Pitch
- The Beat of Your Own Drum
- One Marches On
- Variety is Overrated
- Veteran Opponent
- Divine Collection
- The Great Almighty
- Make sure to replay hunting missions and mini-games regularly so you strenghten your army by creating stronger Patapons. Also remember to equip the equipment you collect in battles, it will make a huge difference!
Replaying boss battles is also a good way to earn high-quality materials, but a few trophies will be easier with low level bosses, so I suggest only doing this after you have unlocked Pata-Pata-Almost and Variety is Overrated. Also, Ciokina shouldn't be replayed before unlocking Divine Collection.
- You can use the attack/defense/retreat/charge chants at the start of pretty much all levels to get into Fever mode before starting to advance, giving you an extra edge at the very beginning of a mission.
- Every Mytheerial you get should be saved to create divine weapons and shouldn't be squandered on creating Patapons. Consider yourself warned.
- If you're a bit lost, pay attention to what Meden tells you in Patapolis between missions so you know what you need to do to progress in the story.
- Mission details - this page will give you tips on how to beat each mission, and the whole Patapon wiki has useful information on pretty much everything (mini-games, bosses, huntable animals, items/materials/stews, status effects, etc.)
- This page has a list of all boss drops, so you know what kind of material and equipment you can expect by slaying a particular foe.
- Advance chant - Patapata Song:
"March of Mobility". PATA PATA PATA PON. Full speed ahead!♪
- Attack chant - Ponpon Song:
"Ariel of Attack". PON PON PATA PON. Ready, aim, fire!♪
- Defense chant - Chakachaka Song:
"Dirge of Defence". CHAKA CHAKA PATA PON. Guard the hearth and home!
- Retreat chant - Ponpata Song:
"Requiem of Retreat". PON PATA PON PATA. Good grief! That's one big one!♪
- Charge chant - Ponchaka Song:
"Hold Tight Hoe-down". PON PON CHAKA CHAKA. Hold back, sit tight!
- Juju chant: --
The Song of Miracles. DON DODON DODON.