- Trophy Breakdown: 1 / 3 / 5 / 42
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3.5 (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 40-60 Hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable trophies: 4 ('No Furball on the Menu', 'From Imps to Demons', 'Barking Up the Cherry Tree' and 'Leave No Chest Unopened')
- Glitched trophies: None
- Do cheat codes disable trophies: No cheats in the game.
Step One: Completing The Game And Everything Else
During the course of your adventure the general idea will be to explore everywhere, open every chest and complete any sidequests you come across, since you'll have to do pretty much all of them. There are trophies that will require you to kill every enemy, collect every treasure (including all 100 collectible beads), learn all techniques, fish all kinds of fish etc.
I recommend you do what you can as soon as you can so you always have enough praise, money and Demon Fangs to get upgrades and make your journey easier as you go. Always have at least half a dozen or so of each type of animal food with you at all times, so you can get their praise right away. Try to do a "flower finish" on all enemies that you can in order to extract Demon Fangs from them. This is especially easy early on with the Imps, so read the description of 'Barking Up the Cherry Tree' for information on how to do these finishes. You do not need to purchase all the weapons, however you will need to purchase all the God Techniques from the dojos (for 'Teach an Old Dog New Tricks'), so save money for that.
If you feel it is too much to focus on right away don't worry. Right before you face the last boss of the game you'll be clearly warned by the game itself that it is a point of no return and ask you if you want to continue. So feel free to take your time and explore at your will, anything you still need to do or collect can be done before that point.
There are four trophies however, that can be missed before that if you don't pay attention:
- The first one is 'No Furball on the Menu' which happens almost midway through the game, after the ship. It is a certain action you need to do at that certain point of the game.
- The second one is 'From Imps to Demons', which is the trophy for completing your bestiary (beating one of each type of enemy in the game). This can be missed because of one single enemy that only appears in a certain area, which becomes unavailable after you finish it.
- Thirdly there is 'Barking Up the Cherry Tree', which requires you to finish the game with less than 5 deaths, combined with acquiring lots of praise, money, fangs and enemy kills. If you're doing everything in the game your only worry will be dying 5 times, which can make you miss the trophy. By doing all the side stuff you'll get plenty of praise and money, but it is a great idea to start reaping those demon fangs from the beginning of the game to save time.
- For 'Leave No Chest Unopened' there is a single Stray Bead (#1) that can be missed in the game. It is the first one you come across though and it's pretty hard to miss, found inside the River of the Heavens area you go through at the start of the story. If you miss it, you can come back to get it later for most of the game before that area is closed.
Step Two: Clean Up
Just in case you missed something, you can start a New Game+ with your finished game save-file. You will keep pretty much everything except for Sun Fragments collected, Mermaid Coins, both Tablets, the last tier of weapons and some of the techniques. All your treasure, bestiary, animal and fish information will remain, however the Animal Tome will revert to 0% for all species so you can feed them again.
[PS3T Would Like to Thank Dropeti For This Roadmap]