If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (Platinum Difficulty Poll)
- Offline trophies: 62 (60, 0, 1, 1)
- Online trophies: 4 (Online Racer , Online Victory , Online Veteran , Online Domination )
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: I did it in 12:07, but on your first playthrough 30 hours is pretty reasonable (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 10 Seasons of career mode, 20 challenges, 10 online races, 1 split screen and 200 race wins overall.
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: All of them potentially, see BUG WARNING in next section.
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No, you can set AI to the easiest settings and use any driving aids you want.
If you love top speeds, bump drafts and only turning left, I've got just the game for you: it's NASCAR Heat 5! I'm new to this series, so I can't say what's new or how it compares to the previous titles (though I saw challenge mode was new for this installment). What I can say is that the trophies are pretty straightforward, the gameplay is good enough and aside from the luck based challenges and the trophies not popping sometimes, I rather enjoyed my experience. I noticed there was no guide for this, so I figured I'd make one!
I also included companion videos for every trophy if you'd rather see it than read it. The full playlist is here.
MAJOR BUG WARNING - Before you start this or any NASCAR Heat title, be advised that sometimes trophies just don't pop when they're supposed to. I've had this occur in every run I've made in the game (about 5 full playthroughs now), and it's happened in every mode except challenge mode. I'm not sure what causes it or how to fix it, but the good news is that every time I HAVE been able to get the trophies to pop eventually through a combination of restarting the console, reloading saves, and redoing requirements. Some tips :
1) Pay attention to when trophies should pop - I know it's annoying to keep a trophy guide up the whole time you're playing, but you should at least read the list and know when the next trophy should be awarded. In career mode, for example, you get one for starting the season, one for making the playoffs, and 3 for winning the championship. If you hit one of these milestones and the trophy doesn't pop, stop immediately and fix it before moving on.
2) Back all the way out to the main menu - Sometimes the trophies are awarded in summary screens and not during the race itself. If you go all the way back to the main screen (the one that says "Continue Career, Race Now, etc.") and you haven't gotten a trophy that you should have, THEN you know you have a problem.
3) Make backup saves before big trophies - Basically if it's going to take a while to redo the requirements (Grizzled Veteran and King of the Hill come to mind), close the game and make a USB or cloud save right before you're about to earn a trophy. If it doesn't pop, you can reload the save after starting the console again and get better results.
Ok, you have been warned, let's Start Our Engines!
STEP ONE: Get all the trophies for each mode. These can be done in any order, so I'll call them 1a, 1b, and 1c.
1A, Split Screen and Multiplayer. Win one race in split screen mode (requires a second controller), and 10 races in multiplayer mode. This can be done either through legitimate online racing, boosting in private matches (only requires one other person or console), or through an exploit that allows you to win by disconnecting. See Online Domination for a description of the exploit. After winning 1 Split Screen and 10 Multilplayer races, you'll earn:
Head to Head Winner
1B, Career Mode. This is the most extensive of the modes, with 38 trophies to earn. You'll have to win a championship in each of the four series (Dirt, Truck, Xfinity and Cup, see The Peak) and complete 10 seasons total (see Grizzled Veteran). You'll also have to start your own team and basically max it out (see Full Team), make 3 friends and 3 rivals, and earn 50 million dollars. Race dirty till you get the rivals, then be nice until you get the friends, and you'll earn:
Dirt Series: Truck Series:
So it Begins Moving on Up
Getting Noticed Getting Somewhere
Ridin' Dirty Truck'n
First of Many Big Step Up
Dirty Winner V is for Victory
Xfinity Series: Cup Series:
Almost There A Seat at the Table
Time to Shine Playing With the Big Boys
Journeyman No More Yellow Stripes
Who's Next? Best of the Best
Unstoppable The Peak
Team Mode: Miscellaneous:
Car Collector Established Competitor
Full Team Millionaire
State of the Art Facilities Rolling in the Dough
Employee of the Year Just Getting Started
Welcome to the Team Seasoned Driver
Back to School Grizzled Veteran
Head of the Class Rubbing is Racing
Wonderful Toys Don't Get In My Way
Why Can't We Be Friends?
We Can Be Friends
1C, Challenge Mode. There are 20 challenges to complete and the seasonal packs don't count, so you have to do all 20 from the base pack. These are probably the hardest things to do in the game, so maybe save them until after you've driven a little bit and get a feel for the mechanics. Once all 20 are complete, you'll earn:
Force to be Reckoned With
King of the Hill
STEP TWO - Cleanup in Quick Race. Once everything else is done, you'll probably have a few things left to do. Unless you like long races, you'll need to win a race of 25%, 50% and 100% length (they don't stack). You'll have to win at all 39 tracks, so if you're missing any then you can clean them up here. Finally, you should just be left with the "win in any mode" trophies, of which Long Live the King is the pinnacle. Notch your 200th win and take home that baby! If you haven't gotten these yet, you'll earn:
Checkered Flag Perfect 10
New Fan Favorite Get Smoked
Not Intimidated Over the Rainbow
Long Live the King
Tour the Tracks Dirt King
Road Warrior Short and Sweet
Best at all the Rest Super Speedster
Stretching The Legs Ready To Go
Test of Endurance Endurance Champion
Who am I? Pimp My Ride