Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (personal opinion) (Platinum Difficulty Thread)
Offline: 43 (1 , 2 , 18, 22 )
Approximate amount of time to platinum%: 100+ hours
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: LOTS
Missable trophies: None
Glitched trophies: None
Cheats: No cheats
Difficulty affects trophies: Yes, you will need to clear every stage on Chaos, plus items must be earned on Hard or higher.
Koei's latest entry in the Warriors Orochi series, this game takes place immediately after the events of Warriors Orochi 2 (which was just an expansion to Warriors Orochi 1 in Japan, released as Maou Sairin). Orochi has been killed and a large Hydra has spawned which is killing off our heroes. Their answer? To go back in time to save them and put together a force capable of fighting back! New characters this time are: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden), Ayane (Dead or Alive), Joan of Arc (Bladestorm), Nemea (Trinity Souls of Zill'Oll), Achilles (Warriors: Legends of Troy), Ne Zha (original), Kaguya (original), Susanoo (original), and Shuten Doji (original).
This game takes everything you knew from Warriors Orochi but adds a few new things:
* A new class, Wonder. This class deals more damage to guard broken enemies, and allows you to dash cancel certain moves with the jump button (at the cost of some musou gauge). The dash cancel will break enemy's guards, so it's very powerful.
* A new Triple Attack that lets you turn invincible for a short time, run around dealing large amounts of damage, and then gather up all the enemies you hit and explode them for more damage.
* A Musou Battlefield mode that lets you alter dialogue and enemies in levels to create your own experience! This mode can be played online with others as well.
* Weapon forging now uses money and stock experience is used ONLY for leveling your officers.
* Switch attacks - if you switch officers during your attack string, they will swap in with an attack and you can continue your combo safely.
* New Bond system - Having a high friendship with another officer will change their lines to you in battle (when you rescue them or fight against them). If they are higher than level 1 they may give you a lotto ticket (for free random weapons from the dealer) after a battle with them. If they're at max, they will also sometimes give you an extra weapon as well. The bond also goes both ways. If you have Kaihime at max with Sun Shang Xiang, Sun Shang Xiang will also have max friendliness with Kaihime, so you can play either and see the rewards.
Look to the end of the trophy guide for a database of officer names, levels and weapon attributes.
Step 1: Play through the story mode on Normal. Since Normal difficulty won't get you the overpowered weapon attributes, you may wish to first clear the game just to get experience with the levels. Try to unlock all the Gaiden stages by using banquets to get friendliness between the required people. Pick a character you like and use them as often as you can, as 100 stages is a lot to play if you're not doing it in conjunction with something else. When you get to Chapter 4, be sure to use a lot of lotto tickets, as you can earn 4 star weapons from there and save yourself some money. If you want to use them beforehand, that's fine too you'll have plenty of tickets by the end. Use the money you do have to buy 4 star weapons and hold banquets as often as you can, even if it's the cheaper ones. Once you get [Deepening of Bonds] and unlock the Gaiden stages, it no longer matters who you hold banquets with.
If you manage to clear every stage and make your way to the true ending, you'll unlock:
[A Gathering of Heroes]
[Champion of Time]
[Captive of Melody]
[In a Broken World]
[Maintaining the Peace]
[Where They Belong]
[Ray of Hope]
[A Hidden Smile]
[Altering the Past]
[Beacon of Exorcism]
[Travelling Through Time]
Step 2: This can be intermingled with Step 1 depending on your progress. Start re-playing the required levels on Hard to unlock all the secret items. You will probably want to be level 25 or higher with a 4 star weapon (or maxed joke/unique weapon) before trying this difficulty. This unlocks:
Step 3: Now that you should have some decent attributes on your weapons from clearing levels on Hard, begin work on chaos. Once you get your setup down, you shouldn't have any problems clearing the stages. This unlocks:
[Summit of Chaos]
Step 4: Mop up and grind for wallpapers and costumes. Be sure to get Dodomeki to S proficiency before you start, since you're going to be playing through a LOT of levels to get every officer to S proficiency, so every bit helps. Having everyone's 4 star weapons will make it easier. At this point, finish buying the 4 star weapons, hold banquets like crazy until you have 100, finish getting your character of choice to 100 levels played, and mop up the other misc trophies (3000 kills, riding all siege weapons, clearing missions, clearing a stage in 5 minutes, clearing a stage with no damage, etc). Once you've completed this, you'll have a nice new platinum trophy. Congrats, you've earned it!
(All pictures/videos courtesy of Gleylancer)
[PS3T Would Like to Thank Akari for this Roadmap]