- Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 39 (29, 5, 4, 1)
- Online trophies: 5 (3, 2)
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 20-35 hours (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 3 - One championship for each tier of MotoGP racing
- Number of missable trophies: 3 (Ducati Love , Honda Love and Yamaha Love )
- Glitched trophies: None
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
- Do trophies stack?: No
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats known
MotoGP 14 is the latest title from Milestone with a new and refined graphics and sound engine to feature all 3 tiers of MotoGP motorbikes with the ability to ride as the professionals and live out all your motorbike racing dreams! As well as selecting from the contemporary riders, you can also relive historical moments and re-write history while playing as legends from the past in 2 new modes – Real Event and Challenge the Champions.
For newcomers to the series this is the most user-friendly title but offers a reasonable challenge for inexperienced players or those used to car racing games. However with practice, knowing how the bikes handle and with persistence, players can become champions in no time. Championships comprise of 18 races and 3 test sessions throughout them spanning a multitude of real-life global tracks. As players begin their MotoGP careers as rookies in Moto3 (the third tier), they gain experience points from their final positions after each race and can level up. Doing this unlocks riders, pictures and videos with each level that they can use or view from the menu.
3 playthroughs at minimum are technically required for this Platinum. While players don't actually have to win the first two championships, it is advised they do so to gain additional experience and levels towards All present and correct! for reaching level 69 and unlocking the last rider. Fortunately, players can select Easy difficulty from the main menu and select the shortest race length (15% or 3 laps) to substantially speed up the process. MotoGP 14 offers players 5 online trophies which are fairly easy to acquire provided that you find people to play with or a boosting partner. Lastly, there are also 3 missable trophies but they are very easy and quick to obtain if you follow the guide closely. These trophies are also only missable until quite late in the game so don't worry about them until much later.
Special mention and many thanks go to darthadi for the method on the 3 missable trophies.
There is no definitive way to tackle this platinum but I would start with the offline mode first to get a feel for the game. It is also where the majority of the trophies are. You could also begin with the online mode too if you’re daring as the online community is small and composed mainly of veteran MotoGP players so it all comes down to preference.
If you're new to the MotoGP or SBK titles, I suggest taking the tutorial or taking a bike out for a spin in Time Attack to get a feel for the game and how a bike behaves. It is essential that you understand the physics behind the behaviour otherwise you will constantly crash/flip/spin out and become frustrated. I would recommend following the tips given by the game while at the loading screens as they are helpful. I've outlined some tips below for helping you.
General game tips:
- Set the game to Easy, shortest race length (15% which is 3 laps), full racing assists, no penalty timer and maximum replays (6) if need be.
- You can qualify if you want to gain additional experience and to get a feel for the track but it isn’t necessary.
- Always pick the bike with the best rating to improve your chances of winning.
- Upgrade your bike in the garage pre-race by selecting on the part of the bike you wish to upgrade (brakes, suspension, chassis and engine)
- If you're unsure of the correct racing line, turn on the full racing trajectory help.
- Lean into the corners before you actually reach them to get the best trajectory and to maintain speed.
- Take corners cautiously and avoid going full throttle on entry otherwise you may spin out. The same applies to exiting a corner otherwise the rear end of the bike will lose grip causing you to flip.
- If you want to improve your acceleration, lower the gear ratios in the pre-race garage. Simply go left to the engineer and modify the gear ratios. Remember, low gear ratios = fast acceleration, low top speed. High gear ratios = slow acceleration, high top speed.
- Feel free to tinker with the race settings and which assists best suit you. Brake assist is good for managing your speed at corners but sometimes slows you down considerably if you’re an experienced MotoGP player.
Step 1: First Offline Championship in Moto3 – pick any of the starting bikes/teams given to you and work your way through this championship. By the end of the first championship, you will hopefully have unlocked the following:
Stand By Me
24 hours is too long
Two Wheels Are Enough
Short but Intense
In the Brno woods
Race at five o-clock sharp
All at sea
The Lord of the Two Rings
In marsupial country
The New World
Better and Better
Step 2: Second Championship in Moto2. Win the second championship in Moto2 to unlock the following:
Fasten Your Helmet
At the Court of the Champions
Step 3: Third Championship in MotoGP. Simply complete the final championship to unlock the following trophies. Keep in mind this is the section where there are 3 missable trophies, see the Guide for details.
All present and correct!
Step 4: Completing all 34 challenges across Real Event and Challenge the Champions modes. At the full completion of both of these modes you should unlock:
It's all coming back to me…
Ah, what memories!
Step 5: Completing all the online trophies. Check the boosting thread to find a partner if you’re having trouble finding people online. By the end of this step you will have unlocked:
Split Time Dominator
Step 6: Mop-up any trophies you have yet to obtain. These may be any of the miscellaneous trophies such as performing a wheelie for 8 seconds, setting a time in Time Attack or any others you may have missed. See the guide for details of any you have yet to obtain.