- Estimated trophy difficulty: 2-3/10 (Personal Estimate)
- Offline trophies: 31 (22, 0, 8, 1)
- Online trophies: None
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 4-6 Hours (Personal Estimate)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1+ Play of each Event
- Number of missable trophies: None, all are progression related or can be earned on replay
- Glitched trophies: None known
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No, there are no Difficulty Options
- Do trophies stack?: There are no known Stacks for this game
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: There are no known Cheat Codes for this game
- Additional Info: This is a digital only title, available on PSN for $14.99. It was release in the North American Region on July 14, 2015. There is no European release date or price yet announced.
Monster Jam: Battlegrounds is a bargain priced Monster Truck racing game. It is somewhat similar to Monster Jam: Path of Destruction, but the graphics and controls are definitely reflective of a bargain title. There are 3 main game modes: Skill, Racing and Stunt, spread out across a number of arenas and locations. Most events take no more than a couple of min to complete, so you are looking at a relatively easy platinum, and one of the shortest times to platinum of any available PS3 game.
Step 1 - Complete all Events with 3 Stars
When you start out, you will only have access to the starting Event in each category. As you earn Stars, more Events will unlock. Most Events are very easy and can be 3 starred first try, or with a couple of replays. Since you won't be able to unlock new events without earning Stars, I would suggest trying to 3 Star everything as you go.
With that said, there are a couple of very difficult Stunt Events, both encountered early on - the Precision Jump in Forest, and the Challenge in Urban. These are the only 2 difficult Events in the game, and will require a fully upgraded Truck before you could possibly 3 Star them. I would focus on the Skill and Race Events, and leave the Stunt Events until the end, unless you need more Stars to open additional SKill/Race Events.
Speaking of Trucks, there are 23 different Trucks that you can use. Most are locked, but can be purchased with "points" earned in Events. Getting 1 Star rewards 500 points, 2 Stars 1000 points, and 3 Stars 1500 points. Replaying Events will continue to earn 1500 points every time that you reach the 3 Star target. As some of the early Race and Skill Events take only 15-20 seconds to complete, you can farm points very easily.
I found no appreciable difference in performance across the different Trucks, so stick with your preferred ride, and fully upgrade it. You may want to jump right to either Grave Digger or Max-D, since there is a trophy for unlocking each of them, and then upgrade them as you earn Points through progression.
Almost all of the game's trophies will be earned in this step, as most are progression based - 1 for earning 3 Stars in each Location, for each Event.
Step 2 - Clean up
Realistically you probably will have every trophy by the time you finish Step 1 with 3 stars. Conceivably, you might not have the trophies for losing a Skill/Race/Stunt Event (the game is that easy, you may need to purposely try to lose), and if you did not buy Grave Digger/Max-D, then you should have plenty of Points to do so. Lastly, there may be a couple of Freestyle Tricks to pull off for those specific trophies.
[PST Would Like To Thank diskdocx For This Roadmap]