- Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 (personal estimate) (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 25 (5, 13, 6, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 3-4hrs (personal estimate) (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: half the list
- Glitched trophies: 0
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No! Play the game on Casual to make a few trophies easier
- Do trophies stack?: No
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheat codes but using hints/skipping will void some trophies
- Additional peripherals required?: No
Modern Tales: Age of Invention is a hidden object adventure game developed by Orchid Games and published by Artifex Mundi, originally on PC in 2017 and ported to PS4 in 2019. You play as Emily Patterson, a girl in 1900 Paris who must locate her father and other missing scientists.
Trophy-wise, this is standard Artifex Mundi fare, with two interesting exceptions: You don't have to play the game on Expert and there's a timed HO trophy that spans several HO scenes. You don't need to worry about that, though – the trade-off here is that playing on Casual means that you can click around like crazy during HO scenes without fear of penalty, meaning you can blow through them in a minute or two apiece.
Trophy Walkthrough – by me!
Step 1: Play through the game on Casual, gathering all atom symbols
As with all Artifex Mundi games, there's no chapter select so everything must be done in a single playthrough.
Whenever you reach a new screen, find the atom symbol before doing anything else. Avoid pressing D-Pad while in puzzles and minigames. Doing these things will make sure you earn all the game-spanning trophies, meaning anything you may have to clean up afterwards will be quick.
For the HO scenes, unless you're specifically going for No Mistake , you will want to spam as quickly as possible while moving the cursor around, in order to get through the HO scenes as quickly as possible. As you're playing on Casual, there is no penalty for misclicks.
By the end of this step, you will have earned (in order):
Master of Engineering
Master of Science
...and if you got all collectibles:
...and the miscellaneous:
Three In Three
Time Stands Still
Step 2: Cleanup (optional)
Again, as long as you unlocked the game-spanning trophies in Step 1 (Collector , Perceptive Eye and Raw Talent ), cleanup will be fairly quick.
By the end of this step, you will have earned:
Platinum ! Congratulations!
[PST Would Like To Thank themindisacity for this Roadmap]