- Estimated difficulty: 5/10 Please use the Platinum Difficulty Rating
- Offline: 36 ( 30, 4, 1, 1)
- Online: 15 ( 11, 3, 1)
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 15-25 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+
- Number of missable trophies: None, there is scene selection
- Glitched trophies: none
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: N/A
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, there are 2.
Mindjack takes place in 2031, where mind hacking and slaving is key to surviving or at least making it to the end. This is a third person shooter that mixes in the single player with the multiplayer aspects. A person on your friend's list or a person across the world can hack into your game and take control of an enemy and try to end the game for you. The main character is Jim Corbijn, a government field agent (FIA) who enters a war between the government and the corporations without much knowledge of what is going on. He uses a futuristic headset allowing him to take control of other characters and machines within the game world by hacking into them. You will meet up with two people Rebecca and Fernandez to help you find out what is going on and why you are in this battle.
- Video Guide -- MindJack Walkthrough Video Guide
- Red Hackers are enemies
- Blue Hackers are on your side.
- Problems with the Asian version of the game: LINK
Tips & Tricks:
- Mind slave enemies as often as you can; having more people on your side is key.
- Mind hack Citizens and let the main character become an AI. There is not much of a reason to control him when you can use someone else to oppress the enemies quicker.
- Cover is key and valuable. Most of it doesn't work but once you find cover, use it.
Step 1: Singleplayer as a host. Allowing hackers
Play your first playthrough with hackers. I advise making this your priority to get these trophies first. They also can be done after, but make sure to perform them as you progress through the game. All the secret trophies are story related and there are no collectibles to worry about. Make sure to perform headshots to obtain more XP when you can. Use cover often and hack and mind slave to have more people on your side to defeat the opposing force. Whenever you are given the chance to perform a combo attack to defeat an enemy, do so. There is a trophy for defeating an enemy 100 times with combos. Heal your partners often when prompted to; that trophy will come as your progress. After you have completed the game you should be between the levels of 25-35.
- HONORARY CITIZEN
- HEAD CASE
- MOWER MAN
- I KNOW KUNG FU
- All Hack an enemy and kill xx amount of enemies trophies
I advise playing with hackers. Since you can kick them at anytime if you are having trouble with the red hackers hindering you from progressing through the game. You will need to get a red hacker to join your game at least once and kill him/her in one second for the HOTHEAD trophy. Please see the trophy guide for more information. If you have any blue hackers let them stay, you can use them to get MIND JACKER. There is the STAR trophy that you will need 100 hackers to hack into your game. That can be the most time consuming trophy since not everyone is playing this. You will want to get STAR out of the way because the higher your level the less people will hack into your game, which is stupid since the higher the level only means the more plug-ins you have compared to the lower level hackers.
Step 2: Multiplayer
You will need to back out of the Main Menu and go to the Hack portal. You will need to complete 50 games as both a red and blue hacker and kill 50 of each red and blue hacker. Please see the trophy guide if you plan to boost this trophy, also please use the Trophy Boosting Thread (Read First Post!) - PlaystationTrophies.org
Step 3: Clean up
At this time you will want to go for any trophies that you haven't received yet. Guru being one of them, but you can play online as a red hacker to gain XP fast. The STAR trophy being another one that can be a pain to get if you don't have anyone to jump in and out your game.
[PST Would Like To Thank GODCHILD1020 for this Roadmap]