-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 8
-Offline: 28 (1, 6, 7, 14)
-Online: 1 () You’ll need to have access to the internet to upload photos to Facebook. No longer possible due to the 4.78 Firmware update.
-Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 10-20 hours depending on skills.
-Number of Move controllers needed for Platinum: 2 and you will need 1 PS Eye as well.
-Number of microphones needed for Platinum: 2
-Missable trophies: None. You can go back and play every song at anytime you want.
-Glitched trophies: None that I am aware of but it has been reported that there can be some upload problems with Facebook.
Note: To play this game you will need at least one Move controller or one microphone. It is not possible to play this game with only a DualShock controller. Dancing requires Move while singing requires microphone.
Michael Jackson: The Experience is a sing and dance game for those who love MJ and his songs, or for those who are looking for a fast platinum; if you’re a person who learns fast and has patience. This game contains 29 of Michael’s awesome songs for you to dance and sing along with.
A few things you should think about when it comes to the trophies:
- While going for all the “X different songs” you will see which songs that might be the easiest for you to achieve 5 stars on. There's no way you can tell which songs are the easiest since it depends on what you think is easy. Things you find easy, other people might find hard, while hard things for you can be easy for others.
- After each song, if you’re using a PS Eye, you will be able to save pictures and videos taken from the “best” moments in the song. You will have to save 10 of each to get Monster Poses and Monster Breakdown. Also you will have the opportunity to upload the pictures to Facebook, you are required to do this to get the BackPack trophy (no longer possible due to the 4.78 Firmware update). Note that you’ll also need to have an internet connection to do so. Please see the mentioned trophies in the trophy guide for further details.
- You can combine the dance and sing to speed things up a little. For example you can play with 1 Move and 2 mics to get the “X different songs” trophies for 1 Move and the “X different songs” trophies for 2 mics and then the other way around.
- All sing related as well as dance related trophies are achievable while playing with two mics and/or two Moves except the trophies for playing as just one singer/dancer.
- All 29 songs are available in short version but trophies are not achievable for playing the short versions, except photo and video trophies.
Step one – Dance
This step will probably be the hardest step for you. What you want to do is to get all the dance related trophies done for two reasons:
- Dancing in this game is the hardest thing you’ll have to do to achieve the platinum. It's better to finish the hard stuff before going into the easier parts.
- While dancing you’ll get used to the songs, which is very good if you have never listened to MJ very much so that you will know better how the songs are and how to sing when you’re going for the next step. Remember that it mostly takes a lot of practice to finally 5-star the song you’re working on.
After this step you should most likely have the Jackson Walk trophy.
Step two – Sing
If you've got all the dance related trophies this shouldn't be that difficult to do but it still might be a little challenging. As you have heard most songs over and over again you will know how high and/or low to pitch. If you're having any problem while singing you can always try to hum in the mic. That's how I did it and while doing this it's much easier to get the right pitch, plus it recognizes you better than when you sing words which will give you better points.
After this step you should most likely have Funky Rocks and Rock and Pop out of the way.
Step three – Multiplayer/Clean-up
Now you should have most of the trophies except the multiplayer trophies if you've followed the steps above, unless you’ve combined the singing and dancing. You may have missed some of the photo and video trophies but that should be no problem for you to get while doing the rest of the multiplayer trophies.
If you happened to miss Jackson Walk, Funky Rocks or Rock and Pop while doing the steps above, please refer to those trophies further down in the trophy guide.
[PST Would Like to Thank OstKakan for this Road Map]