Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 7/10 (Platinum Difficulty Thread)
Trophies (Breakdown): 48 (36, 8, 3, 1)
Offline: 26 (22, 3, 1)
Online: 21 (14, 5, 2) - Unobtainable
Time To : 30hrs+ (Depending on prize bubble gathering skills + acing skills. Also reliant on boosting the creation trophies)
Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 1
Missable Trophies: None as you can Level Select at any time.
Glitched Trophies: Possibly Expert Creator and potentially Booty Master as well if you're not careful.
Does Difficulty Affect Trophies: No, there is only 1 difficulty.
Do Cheats Disable Trophies: No cheats available
Additional Hardware: If you want to do the prize bubbles offline, then you will need 4 controllers
Online Pass needed for the Platinum?: No
LittleBigPlanet is a game that allows your imagination to run wild and use almost any tools to create a level for others to play. The story is quite fun but the main point in the game is to create your own levels and go online and play levels from other users! There are so many possibilities from making a theme park to your own football match or even create a level that is identical to your own home. It's a game for everyone, from young children to experienced gamers and is fun filled for everyone.
- I have included the trophies that need more than one player in the offline section. If you do not have the required number of controllers, this will become an online one for you.
- I have put the trophies that are easier to do online, in the online section. They are possible offline but it is much harder.
- If you need a boosting partner for any of the trophies, ask here: Boosting Thread
- All of the trophies involving level hearts and plays as well as your author hearts, will pop once you take control of the controller in your pod by pressing . Also, for these you must set your in-game privacy settings to open so that players can find your game as this will greatly reduce the time taken to find them.
- If the LBP servers are ever inaccessible it is because they are down for maintenance or just very busy.
- There are many patches to install for both the GOTY (Game Of The Year) and Vanilla versions of this game so installation will take a while. Thanks to Terminator for the information.
- You can import all of your LBP items into LBP2 so don't delete it all if you are going to get LBP2.
- Even though the GOTY edition comes with the Metal Gear Solid DLC, it is not needed for the Platinum .
- Thanks Terminator for this useful information about GOTY/Vanilla versions: If you switch from the GOTY edition back to the vanilla release then anything you've unlocked from the DLCs will vanish. To get them back you have return to the GOTY edition. This isn't going to happen to many people but I do feel it's worth at least a small mention.
- Some levels are impossible to complete if the author was too lazy to put in an end-game scoreboard. The only way out of these levels is to quit to the pod.
- Thanks to Terminator for this useful tip: To be able to backup your profile you have to first use the Export Profile option. The reason for this is LBP saves everything to the Game Data Utility but doesn't create a copyable save in the Save Data Utility until you Export your profile. If you have to get a new Hard Drive or Console for whatever reason, then you have to use the Hard Drive Backup Utility to move the Game Data files else you will lose pretty much everything. This info can also be found here: Can't find my save file ?
- There is a rare crashing issue that can happen whilst entering community levels: Little Big Planet freezes/crashes ps3 when loading community levels
- Some of the challenge/survival missions are locked. To access them you will need to find a key. If you follow the path from the locked level to a main level. They key is somewhere in there, they are usually easy to find.
1. Complete "The Gardens"
You must complete the levels in "The Gardens" before you can advance on to any other features of this game. After you complete the 4 short levels, you will get "The Gardens" and "Artist".
2. Tutorials, creating a level and posting it in the boosting thread
Now you will need to complete all the tutorials on the moon. This will give you the "Expert Creator" trophy. During one of the tutorials you will create a monster, make sure it has 2 eyes, 2 legs and a brain for the "Dr Frankenstein" trophy.
If you build and save a level with another player that has a thermometer that's over 30% full, you will get the trophies "Creator" and "Team Creator". Once you publish this level you'll have the trophy "Publisher", plus any of the DLC publishing trophies should you own them. Now post the level in the Create Boosting Thread and follow the rules there to give you a few trophies such as "Look What I Made", "Crowd Pleaser", "Feel the Love", "Celebrity" and "Create". Note: You will only get these trophies if everyone participates, as they should, as the 50 plays will take some time if the rules aren't followed. If you post it at this stage, you will be able to get hearted while you are busy playing the story levels so it will save time.
3. Complete story Levels + Miscellaneous
This will definitely get you "The Savannah", "The Wedding", "The Canyons", "The Metropolis", "The Islands", "The Temples" and "Just Beginning". You will almost certainly get "Forager", "2X Multiplier" and "Cranium Collector". Nothing too hard but there could be a few levels that cause problems see trophy guide and "Play" for more details.
Stick 10 random stickers in your pod on the menu to get the "Homemaker" trophy and finally dress your sackperson with a material and something on it's head and body for the "Fashion Sense" trophy.
4. Online Levels - Unobtainable
My guide co-author TheManUtdFan has designed a level to help you get trophies here. The level is called "16 Easy trophies! TMUF". In this level you will gain: "2X Multiplier", "8X Multiplier", "20X Multiplier", "Hi Score", "Sackbird", "Incredible Height", "Incredible Speed", "Opinionated", "Talkative", "Traveller". It will count towards "Networking" and "Neighbourhood Watch" if you heart the level and him. Also, in turn this will count towards "Share". If you play the level with another 3 players and win, you will get the trophies "Friendly", "Top Of The Class" and if they are all on your friends list "Party Person", if they are not then you will get the "Socialite" trophy.
Play a newly created level with less than 10 plays to get the "FIRST!" trophy. Heart 3 authors to get "Networking" and 5 levels to get "Neighbourhood Watch". By putting a sticker on another Sackboy, you will obtain the trophy "Trendsetter". By playing 150 community levels, tagging 50 of them and hearting 10 you will get the trophy "Share".
5. Prize Bubbles
In First Steps, you will need to use the stickers to unlock the secret race to get the "Secret Stickerist" trophy. Then the long grind for all of the prize bubbles begin. After collecting all of these, you will obtain the "Forager" (If not already obtained), "Sticky Fingers", "Treasure Hunter" and "Booty Master" trophies. During this run it is recommended that you learn the paths through the levels as this will help with the final part of the Road Map.
6. Acing the levels
Finally, the "Play" trophy, you need to Ace all story levels (with the exception of survival challenges). This will be the most frustrating time but if you are patient and follow the instructions in the trophy guide, this will come through persistence and then you will get your Platinum "100% Complete" (Unobtainable). Congratulations.
Metal Gear Solid DLC:
The servers have now closed, therefore the 100% is unobtainable if you didn't get the online trophy before that happened.
-Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10
-Offline: 10 (8 , 2 )
-Online: 1 (1 ) - Unobtainable
-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 4-8 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable trophies: None, Level select is available
-Glitched trophies: None
-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: None available
The trophy set that comes along with the Metal Gear Solid 4 Level Pack is really nothing challenging. They can easily all be earned in just the one setting by yourself. Having said that, for trophies such as Speedy Rexecutioner and Virtual Survivor, having a friend to help out could make a huge difference. Due to the nature of the game it is not possible to miss any trophies although a couple of trophies are missable in the sense that if you miss a prize bubble (METAL GEAR SOLID® Booty Master) or die, (Ace Act 3 and Act 4) you will need to start the level again.
There are only two logical paths to take for these trophies which are as follows:
Step One: Easy Way - Complete each level
- Simple enough, complete all 5 Acts. Don't worry about anything else, just enjoy the new levels.
- Doing this will unlock the levels as well as earn you Rexecutioner.
Step One: Easy Way - Complete all level related trophies
- Now you will need to go back to each level and complete the respective trophies that you missed which should be: METAL GEAR SOLID® Booty Master, Thrifty Painter, Speedy Rexecutioner, Diamond Hunter, Ace Act 5: The Boss and Ace Act 3 and Act 4.
- The video guides listed below will take you step by step through the various trophies listed above.
Alternatively, if you fancy more of a challenge and want to save yourself multiple playthroughs you can go for the harder option:
Step One: Hard Way - Complete each level and at the same time unlock all level related trophies
- If you choose to do this you'll need to ensure you've got some videos open to guide you.
- You're going to need to destroy the diamonds in act 4 for Diamond Hunter, you'll need to shoot less than 125 paintballs in act 3 for Thrifty Painter and of course collect all prize bubbles and ensure you don't die during act's 3, 4 and 5 for the respective trophies related to that.
Step Two: Mopping up
- Regardless of how you did step one, you'll still be left with a couple of non story related trophies to finish up.
- Start off by heading to create and publishing a level with the Paintinator for Paint Sharer.
- Now check out the new challenge and go for the score for Virtual Survivor.
- Lastly you will want to fire off 40 paintballs in 5 seconds for QuickFire Artiste
- While going for all the preceding trophies you should have fired over 5,000 paintballs and therefore earned Paint Splurge. If not simply get into a level and start firing away. There is no way to keep track of it but since it's possible to fire a few hundred a minute this should come really quickly.
Pirates of the Caribbean DLC:
The servers have now closed, therefore the 100% is unobtainable if you didn't get the online trophies before that happened.
-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 4/10
-Online: 2 - Unobtainable
-Approximate time to 100%: Variable, 2-5+ hours (The total time required to get 100% will be based in part on your ability to obtain assistance for the "2x" and "4x" Co-op Prize Bubbles as well as complete the 2 Challenge trophies.)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 (Although not every level in the DLC requires a 2nd playthrough, a replay of several are necessary due to previously unobtainable Prize Bubbles unlocked by specific Stickers found in latter levels.)
-Number of missable trophies: 0
-Glitched trophies: 0
-Do cheat codes disable trophies? No cheat codes available
-Trophy Breakdown: -9- -2-
The wait is over! LBP veterans and fans alike have finally been treated to a long overdue DLC for this amazing game. New to LittleBigPlanet? No problem! There has never been a better time to get started and what better way than to dive into Davy Jones Locker for some Prize Bubble plundering!
Experienced veterans will instantly find familiarity with this DLC. Those new to LBP will find the perfect blending of swashbucklin' challenges and outrageous fun, all sprinkled with a bit of salt water! The Prize Bubbles are still abundantly scattered throughout each level, some of which can be elusive if you're not paying attention so look lively now! The trophy difficulty is slightly easier than that of the original game (excluding online community trophies). A few trophies will require patience and skill but none are missable and you'll have a lot of fun hunting every one of these.
Pirates of the Caribbean plays very smoothly and fluidly. All trophies unlocked when they were supposed to and I encountered no glitches of any kind. At least 2 playthroughs of various levels will be required before obtaining specific trophies.
Note: After purchasing the LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean DLC Kit from the PlayStation Store you may be required to download a patch or two upon booting the game up. Once this is done you will find the DLC under "My Content". Just search for the new PotC icon and you're ready to get started!
Step 1: 1st Playthrough
You can decide whether or not to try and Ace (completing a level without dying) each level as you progress through them or to just casually hunt Prize Bubbles first and worry about perfecting the levels later. Whichever you decide to do, you'll first be required to unlock subsequent levels as you progress through the game. Additionally, it may take a little bit of time to get accustomed to moving your Sackboy/Sackgirl under water. The controls are easy with very little learning curve. But you'll want to practice swimming and moving around while pressing the "X" button for speed.
You can and will drown if you don't grab some air bubbles while underwater. These air bubble locations will be very easy to spot. Just look for large bubbles flowing out of small round yellow vents and grab some fresh air as needed.
"30" means you're filled up with plenty of air but you'll start to see that number decrease fairly rapidly. When your air reaches "0" you drown and restart from your last checkpoint. A lot of underwater sequences are fairly quick but others require that you keep a sharp eye out for those air bubble vents. Try to have fun, though and not panic. There are plenty of vents to be found when you're down deep.
Here are the story-related levels and the number of Prize Bubbles they contain each. Port Royal is available at the start of the game, after which time upon completing, you'll unlock the next level and so on.
Note: Please refer to the Trophy Guide and Prize Bubble Video Walkthrough section for more information.
- Port Royal - 44 Prize Bubbles total
- Pirate Town - 38 Prize Bubbles total
- A Navy Frigate - 37 Prize Bubbles total
- Cursed Bay - 63 Prize Bubbles total
- The Kraken!!! - 13 Prize Bubbles total
When you first get started, if you're in a hurry to focus on trophy hunting and getting 100% as quickly as possible, then you'll want to try and Ace (Again, completing each level without dying) each level and collect as many Prize Bubbles as possible. Try to be thorough. A lot of Prize Bubbles are in obvious locations while others are well hidden. And of course there are Prize Bubbles only obtainable by 'unlocking' with the appropriate Sticker. When it comes to hunting Bubbles the main key is being thorough and keeping a sharp eye out for obscure locations.
Tip: Pressing the "Start" button on your controller at any time can give you a good idea where you're at on Prize Bubble collecting. Select "About This Level" and you'll see what % you're at and how many Bubbles you're missing from that level.
As you progress to new levels you'll find the difficulties increase just a tad. Most are just obstacles that come with a little danger attached while others just require timing and simple solving to proceed.
It is most likely that during your 1st playthrough you'll go toe to toe with the Kraken in, oddly enough, "The Kraken!!!" level. Please refer to the Trophy Guide for detailed information on strategies.
A Note about perfecting a level (Acing): In order to obtain the Ace Symbol at the end of each stage you must diligently complete each level without any deaths. Dying and restarting at your last checkpoint does not count toward the Ace and therefore a restart of the level is in order. Take your time. Familiarize yourself with each level and the obstacles/challenges therein and you should do just fine. Mistakes can and probably will happen but don't let it discourage you.
Step 2: 2nd Playthrough
Initially, you will not be able to get "100%" on "Items" for the first few levels until you progress farther into the game (play through subsequent levels). You will notice very quickly starting with Port Royal that you don't have the correct Stickers to unlock specific Prize Bubbles. Not to worry! The Stickers you're missing can be obtained as you progress through the upcoming levels (providing you grab all the Prize Bubbles!). This is why it's necessary to make trips back to previous levels in order to aquire remaining Prize Bubbles.
Use this opportunity on your 2nd playthrough to obtain any remaining Prize Bubbles/Stickers you might be missing and ensure you've unlocked as many them requiring Stickers as possible.
Step 3: Clean Up
This is where you wrap up the last few trophies you have left. You'll also want to ensure you've completely Aced every level and obtained every Prize Bubble in the DLC. This includes having found help with the "2x" and "4x" Co-op Prize Bubbles. Assuming you've only obtained the story-related trophies you should have these left to complete:
- "The Bends" trophy - Achieve a score of 7000 in the Diving for Treasure Survival Challenge
- "Tributary" trophy - Publish a level containing WATER - Unobtainable
- "Salty Dog" trophy - Complete 20 community levels that contain WATER - Unobtainable
- "HMS Interceptor" trophy - Complete the race in Cursed Bay with at least 4000 points left on the clock.
Specifics regarding these last remaining trophies will be covered in the Trophy Guide as well as videos for guidance.
Well gang, the Roadmap has ended but the excitement and fun has only begun! I hope you continue to enjoy this fantastic and quality DLC as much as I plan to. Please post any comments or feedback if you'd like and refer to the Trophy Guide and Prize Bubble Video Walkthroughs for additional information.