- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3.6/10 (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 29 (14, 8, 6, 1)
- Online trophies: 3 (Curator , Let's go on an adventure! , Adventurous )
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 10-30 hours (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 + level select (more if helping another with Don't go alone... , see Important Info below)
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: 0 but see Bugs & Glitches under Important Info below
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulties
- Do trophies stack?: yes, system stack, PS3 and PS4 for 2 plats
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats
Little Big Planet 3 is the 7th game in the popular Little Big Planet franchise, 3rd going by main titles. This time Sackboy is joined by three new companions: OddSock, Toggle, and Swoop, as they reunite to once again save Bunkum from the Titans. This is the first main title in the series not being developed by Media Molecule, but fans of the series should have nothing to worry about as Sumo Digital has done an excellent job of keeping everything LBP is loved for, while introducing tons of new innovations and improvements over its predecessors. The story plays much differently than past LBPs, akin to level hub style games such as the original Sly Cooper or Jak & Daxter but with some RPG elements. I personally found it to be a refreshing change and quite enjoyable. The most time consuming part of your platinum run will come from the Adventure trophies, such as beating the game multiplayer, completing all quests, and acing all story levels. All other trophies are practically handed to you in very little time. Overall, this is a much easier platinum than past LBPs as you do not have to worry about things like collecting prize bubbles, or 24 hours of create, or having a certain number of hearts, etc.
- Multiplayer: You can choose to do multiplayer either locally offline, or online. 2 trophies require multiplayer, which is Don't go alone... and A guy called Quest . It has been confirmed that both of these can be done solo with 4 controllers. 2 for Don't go alone... , and 4 for A guy called Quest . See the trophies for more details. Keep in mind that if playing with others, progress for these trophies only count for the host. The same applies if you were playing on theirs. So if you are helping each other with say Don't go alone... , you will need 2 playthroughs or more depending on how many you are helping. If you wish to do them in online multiplayer, then feel free to use the PS3 Co-op Boosting Thread or PS4 Co-op Boosting Thread to find other players. There are two co-op threads because there is no cross-play, meaning PS3 and PS4 players cannot play together.
- Playstation Plus: If you're wanting to play online multiplayer on Playstation 4, you will need a Playstation Plus subscription, but you don't need it to go online to access stuff like community levels and other online features. This means the game's 3 online trophies do not require a Plus subscription.
- Bugs & Glitches: LBP 3 is plagued by numerous bugs and glitches. The more significant ones will usually be patched after a bit. Some of these may interfere with being able to get certain trophies. The trophies themselves are not glitched, but for example: Some have reported being unable to unlock A guy called Quest because the Organizertron (the game's quest tracker) is bugged and would not show a certain quest as completed even though it was complete, thus preventing them from getting the trophy. NOTE: A workaround for the Organizertron bug has been discovered. I've posted it under A guy called Quest . Another bug can keep you from unlocking the next adventure of the story if you back out to your pod before entering the hub level of the newly unlocked adventure first. What happens is you unlock the next adventure and return to pod exiting Adventure mode, but upon returning to Adventure it is locked even though you had unlocked it. In this case it has been confirmed by numerous people that playing the final level of the last adventure over again, watching all the cutscenes again, and after being taken to the newly unlocked adventure's map and entering the hub level, fixed the problem and unlocked it. The worst bug can cause your profile to become corrupt. The rest are fairly minor and should not pose a problem that restarting the level or your game shouldn't fix. The more annoying ones occur in multiplayer, such as being kicked from the game and having to wait minutes before you can re-invite or re-join, or not even letting someone join in the first place. I highly recommend backing up your profile and save data to the cloud or a USB storage device every now and then in case you are one of the unlucky ones struck by a corrupt profile. As of patch 1.05 a new save profile function was added to the PS4 version for added security against profile corruption, since most of the corrupt profile issues occur on the Playstation 4 version. Here is the info quoted from the patch notes I posted, and also includes a link to how to backup LBP3 saved data on the PS4.
New Save Profile Functionality to Prevent Save Profile Corruption Issues
LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Update 1.05 introduces new Save Profile functionality on PlayStation 4 that will create a new Save Profile type that is labelled “ LittleBigPlanet 3 Profile”.
This new system will run automatically in the background after installing the game update and will act as an extra layer of security to help prevent the save profile corruption issues that you may have been encountering.
Note: Whilst this new save profile format should help prevent you from losing any substantial progress. We would still recommend that to keep your save data extra-secure, you should still regularly back-up your “ LittleBigPlanet 3 Profile”, the new “ LittleBigPlanet 3” data and your Adventure/Popit Puzzles Profiles.
Full instructions on how to back-up your LittleBigPlanet 3 data are located here: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/LittleBigPlanet-Pod/LittleBigPlanet-3-How-to-Backup-Data-on-PlayStation-4/td-p/44763963
- 2 platinums: The trophy lists for LBP3 are not shared, meaning 2 separate lists for PS3 and PS4 version. That means you can get double the trophies and 2 platinums for doing the trophies twice, once in each version. Make sure you finish the platinum in one version before starting the next version's plat, or you will risk losing your saved data from the one you already started. And even after getting the plat, be sure to backup your save if you want to keep it as starting the other version can start you over at 0% on version you've already done and vice versa. Another issue has been reported where the trophies for acing Popit Academy terms 1 and 2 do not unlock on the 2nd version after you had already gotten them in another version because they are tied to your pins, which are saved to your profile, which is saved to the game's servers, but oddly it only affects the ace Popit Academy trophies. Someone has found a workaround for this. I recommend playing entirely offline to get the Popit Academy ace trophies and making it the first thing you do after the game's Introduction levels. Make sure you are offline before you even start your 2nd plat run before it creates the save data, and stay offline until you get the ace trophies for Popit Academy, then you can go online again once you have them. If you already have a save and went online, there is a workaround plus other useful info explained in the following as quoted by NyCzFiNeSt4pReZ:
Now 2 situations.
If you play 100% of the stacked version popit academy offline, prior to signing into the LBP servers, you will have no issues having the academy trophies pop on the stacked version
If when playing the stacked version, you do happen to sign in just once prior to completion of all popit academy on the second version, OR if you played online prior to even starting the stacked version of the popit academy, you will need to delete your profile save for that version.
*VERY IMPORTANT INFO HERE*
Now what I'm going to tell you is crucial because it can help a lot and save time and I can confirm it works, as I found it out on my ps4 version, if you played the popit academy and the hard tryer trophy popped but the trophy didn't pop for acing the first term on the second version, because your pin was already unlocked, if you delete your profile save but not your popit save, make sure you are offline, when you reload the game your progress should be all aces in first term, simply play the first popit level and your ace first term trophy will unlock.
When you complete the level."
- Not an In-Depth Walkthrough: For the game's story and the quests, this roadmap and guide is not meant to be an in-depth walkthrough. If you need help with any quests or the game's story, you can always do a Youtube search for LittleBigPlanet 3 100% walkthrough or search LittleBigPlanet 3 followed by the name of a specific quest or level. There are even videos showing how to Ace each level for the Ace Adventurer trophy.
- Convenience: The trophies listed under each Step in the Walkthrough below are listed in the order they appear in the Trophy Guide, in case you want to go down the list instead of bouncing all over the place.
Most of the trophies in this game are very straight forward and easy to get, but for anyone not using a guide, the I. AM. INVINCIBLE! trophy will be the hardest trophy in the game. When you first start the game you will have to play through the 5 Prologue levels before you can do much. Afterwards you will be on a map. Back out to your pod with . Once you are in your pod, before you do anything, press (PS3) or (PS4) to open the Settings menu. Go down to PROFILE and turn on Advanced Create Mode by making sure it has a check mark in the box next to it. It's best to get this out of the way now. Reason I recommend the following Step order is because we are already in the pod and can get the quick pod trophies out of the way. Clearing the story in Step 2 will give you the Newton Costume, which has a trophy tied to it requiring you to play a Popit Puzzle while wearing it and is part of the Popit Academy in Step 3. Popit Academy will teach you create mode controls that will be useful knowledge for the Step 4. Create Mode trophies but you can do these Steps any way you'd like. Once done you will have yourself a .
For this step you will go for the following trophies:
One Odd Sock
Biggy and Smalls
Let's go on an adventure!
You can do this solo or in multiplayer. 2 of the trophies require multiplayer, but both can be done solo with multiple controllers. In this Step you will go for the following trophies:
Moon On A Stick
The best laid plans...
Dinner at 8
Don't go alone... (multiplayer, can be done solo with 2 controllers)
A guy called Quest (multiplayer, can be done solo with 4 controllers)
Put the Band Back Together
To do these trophies, from your pod computer, select Play, then select Popit Puzzles. For this Step you will go for the following trophies:
Back to School
From your pod computer select Me, then select My Moon and choose any crater on the Moon to enter Create mode. For this Step you will go for the following trophies:
She's gonna blow
They can swim?
We have to go deeper...
I. AM. INVINCIBLE!
[PST Would Like To Thank StarlightDoll for this Roadmap]
The Journey Home DLC
-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 2 / 10
-Offline: 6 [4, 2, 1]
-Approximate Time to : 1-2 Hours
-Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 1 (2+ is more likely)
-Number of Missable Trophies: None
-Glitched trophies: Collector Extraordinaire
-Multiplayer trophies?: Yes, can be done local or online
-Cross-Buy?: Yes, buying the DLC will give you access to the PS3 and PS4 versions.
INTRODUCTION >> READ TO AVOID GLITCHES
Welcome to LBP3's first DLC level kit, fully equipped with 6 new trophies. Much like the main game, this game has it's glitches and problems with saving your progression. When I finished this DLC on PS4 and PS3 I had to do it in 1 sitting without leaving my game to join another person. This is the most sure fire way to prevent the trophies from glitching on you. Do not join another game (people can still join you) and do not quit and reload the game. Doing either of those things may cause your progression to reset or the Collector Extraordinaire trophy to glitch at 97% on the stat screen even though you have 100% of the bubbles.
Step One: Finish the First 4 Adventure Levels + Get Collectibles
Just play through the first 4 levels, the first level is just a cutscene so there are really only 3 levels. Just finish them and make sure you get the multiplayer keys and all collectibles. Note that getting the keys in each of the 3 levels requires a 2nd person, I personally just activated my 2nd controller and controlled them both to get the keys. You do not need a real/active 2nd player.
Step Two: Get a 2nd Player and Finish the Multiplayer Mini-Games With 30k Score
This is a pain, you will probably want to head over to the respective PS3/PS4 boosting threads and find a partner to play with if you do not have someone local. You will need to play through the 3 levels and score 30,000 points on each of them to get the postcards and any collectibles present in them. After you have done this, play the 5th and final adventure level and all the prize bubbles in that level will become available.
Note: It appears that completion/collectibles of the level only count for the host.
Step Three: Ace the 3 Adventure Levels
Pretty simple, there are only 3 real levels in this DLC (levels 2-4) that you need to ace in order to get the trophy. See That Party was Ace for videos.
The best way to do the multiplayer trophies if you are doing it online is to finish the DLC for one player and then have that player help the other player. If trophies glitch on you the only known way to correct this is to start the DLC over from the beginning (delete your save and start again).
[PST Would Like To Thank QuantumMercury for this Roadmap]