- Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10 (Personal Opinion) (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 40 (29, 5, 5, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 75-100 Hours (Personal Opinion) (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 Story Mode + Numerous runs of New Game Plus (See the Walkthrough for details).
- Number of missable trophies: None.
- Glitched trophies: Yes, 1 - potentially "Under The Rocks".
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, but difficulty can be changed in-game. See the Walkthrough for details.
- Do trophies stack?: The difficulty trophies stack.
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
If you are playing a physical copy of this game, it is highly suggested you install Patch 1.01 before attempting to play the game. Without the patch the frame rate and load times make the game nearly unplayable. Digital copies downloaded from PSN have the patch installed automatically. (Thanks to Blaze Naruto Shippuden for this tip and Terminator for further clarification).
Lichdom: Battlemage is a first-person take on a spell-slinging war between mages. Control the elements as you fight through swarms of enemies and big bosses. The trophy list is pretty straightforward, though some of the trophies can be initially confusing due to the game-specific vocabulary.
There are three main points to consider as you prepare to unlock the trophies:
1. Lichdom: Battlemage has an atypical take on New Game+. Rather than having the character retain all spells and abilities while replaying the story, a new hub area is unlocked to allow further level progression. This hub area will unlock as soon as you defeat the final boss and is located in the same area as the boss fight. You can reset the New Game Plus world from the main menu or by fast travelling away from the area and returning; this opens a new set of portals and increases the level of the portal challenges. Lichdom sports an infinite leveling system, this allowing your strength and the enemies' strength to grow as large as you want.
2. Lichdom: Battlemage allows you to change the difficulty in-game at any time, allowing both increases and decreases. This means a player can complete most of the game on easy but switch to Badass difficulty before completing certain trophy triggers to unlock all difficulty trophies. This would require advanced knowledge of the locations of each trophy unlock but it is available if a player were to want to take advantage of this.
3. One unique disadvantage to playing on Badass difficulty is the limitation of only being able to level three sigils at a time. There are eight sigils available throughout the game, all of which must be leveling to 16 to complete their individual trophies. While playing on Badass difficulty, any Sigil which is not considered focused is reset and kept at level one. I was unable to reach level 16 on my first three sigils before the end of the game anyway, so this may not affect you if you plan on leveling the same three to level 16 before switching. It is my suggestion that, if you choose to play on Badass mode, you stick with three Sigils from an early level. This prevents you resetting any Sigil progress, preventing you from re-leveling the Sigils.
One thing to note: Although the trophies for Battlemage difficulty are gold, Badass difficulty is actually the highest available difficulty, unlocking both the silver and gold trophies for each objective.
The trophies for this game can be broken down into three major segments: The story, New Game Plus/end-game, and the grind. I suggest playing through the game on Badass difficulty in order to minimize number of playthroughs; it may seem difficult at first but an hour or two into the game will leave you overpowered compared to the enemies, allowing you to finish the story with ease. If you do choose to play on Badass difficulty, do not change sigils while Badass difficulty is active, this will reset any levelling progress you've made for that sigil.
Step 1: Complete the story on Badass difficulty
Not many surprises with this step. Play through the story as you want to play. There aren't any missable trophies, and only a few trophies found in story areas are not unlocked automatically. During this step you will unlock:
The First of Many
Under the Rocks
Get the Water Flowing
Into the Darkness
I Am the Dragon
Surf and Turf
Dust In The Wind
Dust In The Wind (Badass)
Dust In The Wind (Battlemage)
Surf and Turf (Badass)
Surf and Turf (Battlemage)
The First of Many (Badass)
The First of Many(Battlemage)
I Am the Dragon (Badass)
I Am the Dragon(Battlemage)
Bitter Victory (Badass)
Bitter Victory (Battlemage)
Step 2: Play through New Game Plus repeatedly to unlock Tier 20 spells/enemies
Now that you've completed the story you have access to the end-game content, presented as New Game Plus. The introduction provides a brief explanation of how New Game Plus works but you will have two primary focuses during this step. First, make sure to complete a full set of six portals all in one sitting. I suggest doing this early, preferably during the first or second set of portals, as the portals become longer and more difficult the more times you reset. Second, complete enough portals to unlock Tier 20 spells and enemies. This can be done by progressing through New Game Plus repeatedly, as the enemies and spells available will rise each time. Tier 20 enemies will drop Tier 20 spells. Craft or upgrade Tier 20 spells and equip ten at one time. During this step you will unlock:
Newb Game Plus
It does not get any better than this
Some players are having trouble getting the New Game Plus portals to advance to the next tier after completion. This can be solved by crafting a new spell (quality and level do not matter) to force your game to save and update the portal level. Thanks to shs4 for shedding some light on this issue and providing a solution.
Step 3: Crafting and spell manipulation
By the time you unlock Tier 20 enemies/spells you should have a decent collection of spell shapes and augments. Using these two things in the crafting system, you are able to create more powerful spells. You will have to create and equip nine Unique (red) spells at the same time, craft a spell using a Unique (red) Pattern and four Legendary (orange) Augments, and craft each of the Unique (red) Synergy spells. See each individual trophy for specifics on how to accomplish this. During this step you will unlock:
Truly A Badass
This better be good...
A need to acquire every permutation
Step 4: The Grind and cleanup
This is where the grind begins. Leveling your eight sigils to sixteen will extend far beyond and of the other trophies in this game, as they require an inordinate amount of kills. I've provided some tips under the Pyrosmith trophy to hopefully help you understand and shorten the grind required. This will also be the time to unlock the few miscellaneous you may not have completed yet. During this step you will unlock:
It's Comin' Outta Me Like Lava!
A Salt Shaker Half Full
Especially When It's Waving a Razor-sharp Hunting Knife In Your Eye
I am the Battlemage
[PST Would Like To Thank bearlypawsible for this Roadmap]