Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 (Personal Opinion)
(Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 49 (38, 8, 2, 1)
- Online trophies: None
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 40 hours (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 2 (1 Story, 1 Free Play) + Free Roam
- Number of missable trophies: None
- Glitched trophies: None
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: None
- Do trophies stack?: Not Applicable
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No, Red Bricks do NOT disable trophies
Welcome to LEGO City Undercover, a port of the Wii U version that came out a few years ago. There isn’t too much of a difference from the Wii U version to the PS4 version with the exception of a few added character and vehicle tokens and the removal of all things Mario. LEGO City Undercover has an interesting story mode that gets a little dragged down as you get into the large open world. Despite the game crashes this game is a lot of fun and is definitely worth checking out.
Step 1: Complete all 15 Chapters and Special Assignments (Make sure you collect the Rex Fury token in Special Assignment 15)
The levels in LEGO City Undercover are setup a little differently than other LEGO games. This time there are 15 chapters throughout the game, with Special Assignments scattered throughout. The Special Assignments are the normal “levels” that you would expect from other LEGO games. Not every chapter has a Special Assignment and some chapters will have two. While you’re playing through the Special Assignments, you should try to collect all possible collectibles to save time later on. Also, while going through Special Assignment #15 make sure you pick up the Rex Fury Token towards the end of the level, see the collectible guide for its exact location. Once you completed all 15 chapters you can start preparing for Free Play mode.
*As you collect red bricks be sure to go into the extras menu and turn ON the red bricks to get their effect right away*
Step 2: Prepare for Free Play
To prepare for Free Play, you will first need to make sure you have picked up the Rex Fury character token from Special Assignment 15 and purchased him for 1,000,000 studs. You can purchase him by pulling up the character selection menu by holding and then going into the Robber character menu. Once you have purchased him, make sure you set him as your Robber Character.
Next you will want to obtain the Super Color Gun Red Brick. This red brick will make your color gun always fire the right color, removing the need to find the correct color swapper and ultimately saving you a ton of time. The Super Color Gun Red Brick is located Uptown on top of the toy store. To get to the top you will first need to find the green color for the gun. I used the color swapper in the museum in the north west corner; you pass by the room with all the colors on the way to a Special Assignment. After you change the two switches to green, head to the top and go left and use the teleporter. Once you have obtained both the Rex Fury character token and the Super Color Gun Red Brick you can then start replaying the levels.
Step 3: Collect all collectibles in the Special Assignments
Now that you have what you need for Free Play you can go back through all the Special Assignments and get all of the character tokens, vehicle tokens, red bricks, and police shield pieces that you didn’t get in story mode. Once you have collected all the collectibles in a level you can quit out of the level and all of the collectibles will still count.
I have written a Special Assignments collectibles guide to help you.
Step 4: Complete all Character and City challenges and collect all collectibles in the open world
*Before starting the Free Roam Collectibles/Challenges you may want to collect the Fast Travel Red Brick from LEGO City Airport. It allows you to fast travel to any train station saving you time when traveling across the map.*
This is where you will be spending the majority of your time as there are 405 gold bricks to collect throughout the world. For a full breakdown of all the gold bricks refer to Super Compuper. During this step you will complete all character challenges, city challenges, collect all red bricks, and find all the secret shields and skullptures.
packattack04082 has made video guides for all Free Roam collectibles HERE.
Step 5: Cleanup any Miscellaneous Trophies that you may have missed
If you haven’t already done so, now is the time to gather any of the miscellaneous trophies in the game like Daredevil, True Tourist, Steel Surfer etc.
Upon Completion of this step you will have a shiny new Platinum Trophy. Congratulations!!!
I did encounter a few glitches while playing through the game that you should be aware of with a fix if I know of one:
- Game Crashes: They're going to happen quite a bit, so just try to save as much as possible by gather a collectible or something of that nature.
- I encountered a glitch where I couldn’t interact with a helicopter pad, if this happens you’ll have to close out and restart the game.
- There also seems to be a glitch where certain icon will not appear when using the Data Scan Red Bricks, particularly for Trouserless Barry in Bluebell National Park and possibly others. Try to follow along with the guide as much as possible and you will hopefully save yourself some trouble.
- There was also glitch where the start point for a vehicle robbery disappeared. If this happens, just fast travel back to the area, if you can, or just leave and come back and it should fix it.
[PST would like to thank Dougiefresh613 for this Roadmap]