- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (personal opinion) (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 30 (8, 17, 4, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 14hrs+ (personal opinion) (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: None
- Glitched trophies: None
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
- Do trophies stack?: No
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
- Additional peripherals required?: No
Jak X: Combat Racing is a spinoff of the highly acclaimed Jak and Daxter franchise. The story follows the titular heroes and their friends through their short but exciting racing careers. Gameplay involves several differently themed bouts involving combat vehicles against AI enemies. Players can also customize their vehicles to improve performance or change aesthetics.
- Circuit Race: Classic get to the finish line first. Includes all weapon types.
- Death Race: Destroy as many drones as possible within the time limit. Limited yellow weapons only.
- Freeze Rally: Get the fastest time alone on the track while picking up tokens that stop the clock. Turbo boosts and health only.
- Turbo Dash: Pick up and charge power cells to destroy opponents and acquire boost. Racer with the most power cells launched within the time wins. Turbo boosts, health and mines only.
- Deathmatch: Gladiator style bout. The first to kill 10 opponents, wins.
- Capture: Classic capture the flag. Pick up power cells and bring them back to your base for ten points. Kills are worth one point. First team of three to 50 points wins.
- Artifact race: First racer to pick up 10 artifacts across the stadium by running over them wins.
- Sport Hunt: Similar to deathmatch. First racer to kill 10 targets wins.
- Rush Hour: Race alone head on into oncoming cars. Crash into as many green and blue cars in the time limit as possible while avoiding red cars. Turbo boosts and health only.
Step 1: Complete Adventure Mode 100%
Adventure Mode follows the story and is the core majority of the game. It's made of four tournaments known as Eco Cups with 20 races in each. In each race you can podium first, second, or third place to receive medal points. Gold is worth 3 points, silver is 2, bronze is 1, and not making podium is an incomplete on the track. In order to fully complete Adventure Mode you must earn gold on each race for 60 medal points in each Eco Cup. You do not have to win every track to move on to another cup, there is no particular order to the races you must follow, and you can come back to any track whenever you want. Most tracks are not particularly difficult to get gold on but a handful can be tricky so if you can't get one on your the first try, then just come back after you've completed the other tracks.
After completing this step, you will have earned the following:
Going for Gold
On the Board
Wings of Steel
Cover Your Ears
Golden Standard: Red Eco Cup
Bat Out of Hell
Crash and Bash
Golden Standard: Green Eco Cup
Tame the Beast
Golden Standard: Blue Eco Cup
Golden Standard: Yellow Eco Cup
Step 2: Earn Precursor Orbs
Precursor Orbs are earned by completing races in both Adventure and Exhibition modes. By the time you fully complete Adventure mode, you should have approximately 500,000 precursor orbs or more for your troubles. If not, you should continue completing races until you do. Three potential strategies for earning orbs quickly is to complete the Yellow Eco Cup rush hour in Kras City, complete a 1v1 exhibition capture match in Mars Coliseum, or complete a 10 lap exhibition match in Dethdrome with only the supernova powerup (see Kill or Be Killed for information on doing this).
Step 3: Using the Precursor Orbs
Note: If you do not use the following strategy, then you will need to acquire nearly 2.5 million precursor orbs instead. Credit to Linkinito and ThePhoenix for sharing this strategy.
Once you have ~500,000 orbs it's time to start spending them, smartly. Make sure to save your game in two slots. Go to the Secrets Shop in the Main menu and buy Hero Mode, Sand Shark and Naughty Dog. The three trophies associated with those each should pop. Go back to the menu, open Profile and load the save file from before you purchased those. Save back over both (the game will have autosaved) and go back to the Secret Shop. You should have the same amount of precursor orbs as before you earned those three trophies. Continue the same process for the reels, helmets, antennas and wheels, loading and re-saving between each section.
Next you will do essentially the same thing for vehicle upgrades. Go into Adventure Mode and select the Yellow Eco Cup so you can have access to all vehicles, select any race, go to the garage by pressing and select Tune Performance. Beginning with engine, add two or three upgrades (usually to slot five) to every vehicle until All Jak'd Up pops. Exit to the Main Menu and reload your save file like you did with the secrets. Repeat this process for gearbox, armor and turbo. Congratulations, you've just saved several hours of grinding. If you truly feel like buying everything at once, then you can use the strategies laid out in Step 2 of the Roadmap. After completing this step, you will have earned the following:
Zero to Hero
Why So Salty
Unleash the Beast
What Did You Expect?
All Jak'd Up
Step 4: Cleanup
This is for any trophies you might not have gotten normally during Part 1. Kill or Be Killed and Unanswered are the only ones that require you to finish the race.
After completing this step, you will have earned what's left of the following trophies:
Out of My Way! (Adventure Mode)
Getting Sideways (Exhibition or Adventure)
Kill or Be Killed (Exhibition or Adventure)
Unanswered (Adventure Mode)
Road Rage (Adventure Mode)
[PST Would Like To Thank infavol for this Roadmap]