+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 5.32/10
+ Offline: 13 (1 + 3 + 9)
+ PS4 DLC: 1
+ PS3 DLC: 1
+ Trophy Total per console: 14 (1 + 3 + 10)
+ Approximate time: 3-6 hours
+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
+ Missable trophies: 0 (Top layer is creature/chapter select)
+ Glitched trophies: Yes, see install info
+ Cheats: No cheats
PS3 Install information
- You can switch freely between the proper install and glitch-install by deleting and redownloading the game from the PSN store. Your game save file will work with BOTH installs, so DO NOT delete the game save!
Every trophy is attainable with a proper install.
To install the bundle properly you need to install the game first (do not run the game yet), then install the expansion. Now run it, it will patch, and you can run the whole thing normally and obtain all trophies.
To force a glitched-install: first install the expansion, then the main game, the run it and patch. For glitched installs, when you complete the credits, you will get Beauty, Vegetarian, Peace and Giant trophies instead of Gaia and Gratitude trophies. You will NOT get Memory either with a glitch-install.
(Credit to Hirnforscher for detailing how to reproduce the installed glitch)
- If you got the free valentine's day game and NEVER patched it ("in the bubble" or out of the patch every time), then and only then you can buy the expansion and it will work if you follow the precise instructions on a proper install above. If you patched it, the expansion itself will not work: so live with 95% or buy the bundle.
- If you have the Journey/Flower/flOw Collector's Edition, the DLC is NOT included. Originally, people could not get the DLC to work with the disc. rennelf has found out how to do it: delete all flOw data (if you have any), install the game from the disc, do NOT launch the game yet, and install the expansion pack. Now it should launch fine with all trophies attainable.
About the game
flOw is a unique games. If you’ve played Flower, you know what to expect. This was arguably the most relaxing and calming game you could ever play on your PS3, or was before the trophies got added. The concept is that you’re going through a body of water as some fish-like creature, calmly trying to survive down to the deepest part of the sea. As you eat each food and other creatures you grow in size. You start out as one creature, and as you get to the end of each level, you will have one more creature's to choose from.
How to play the game
- You tilt the controller to control which direction you go.
- flOw into any of the things mentioned below to eat it.
- There are things resembling (+) and (-) on each layer of the sea, which take you up or down layers.
- On the bottom layer is an egg, which completes that level and unlocks a new creature for you to use.
- Food (these are the white colored cell-like things all over the place, they have from 1 to 4 dots in them) - eat these to increase the creature's segments.
- Gems eat these to decorate the empty segments (add segments by eating food or other creatures).
- Advanced creatures All creatures that eat other stuff AND creatures that attack you (turn red)
- Creatures you don't have to worry about (ie. Doesn't require to be eaten for either Vegetarian or Cannibalism): Camera triggers (SOS) AND the small squid creature (Totally white, Food usually sticks to its tentacles when it floats around and it is eaten by advance creatures)
- Hitting the button will take you to a temporary safe spot for a breather. You can eat the (+) to go back to the character select screen. Eat (-) OR hit to go back to the layer you were on.
- The outer-rim (meaning the far top/bottom/left/right is accessible to you, but not the other creatures. That means the big angry red creature can spin all it wants while you sit inches from it deciding what to chew on!
- If you are doing a run that you need to be careful what you eat or prevent from being hit, hit the button if you are about to mess up! (credit to Throw7)
The unique creature list
- Original - This is the creature you start with. Hitting any key will make it swim faster.
- Hellraiser (face w/ hooks) - Hitting any key will make you spin into a whirlpool, pulling nearby objects towards you.
- The Dolphin - Hitting a button will make you shoot forward, and the more food/gems you eat, the more you can do so in succession. Each use will also deplete one of your 'tails'.
- Capt. Yellow Hook - Unique ability is you can hit any key to turn yellow for a few seconds. While in this mode, if you touch any other creature, you will paralyze it, and you can then easily munch on it to kill it. Also, while yellow, you will not eat anything other than paralyzed enemies. In addition, hitting any button while white will scare away anything directly in front of you. Lastly, if you hold down any button, you will move slowly and also turn invisible to opponents ~ thus you can flOw in their direction and surprise attack them!
- Red Phoenix - Hitting any button will have you shoot directly at an creature to eat it. If there is no advanced creature in sight, you will just turn red.
- Bubble Boy (requires expansion pack) - Hitting any button will have you pull in a protective bubble and make you feel all safe and protected from the scary world. Also can be used to bounce objects away from you.
- Credits Snake - This is the creature that does the credits stage. You can at any time redo credits by going to this creature.
Perform a glitch-install if you want this done quicker (see top of post to reproduce).
Step One: Begin the Adventure (10 minutes, if you run through it)
You will start with your first creature, tilt your SIXAXIS in different directions and you will quickly get the hang of the movement. Now swim into the (-) sign. You just got the Adventure trophy and most of the others come just as easily. In this first portion, don't worry so much about how much food or creatures or whatever you eat, just look for the (-) symbols and make it to the bottom, where you will find an egg in the center. That takes you back to the starting screen, with a new creature unlocked. Most of the other creatures are somewhat similar, and you need to get to the bottom layer and get into the egg.
Step Two: Complete the game (35 minutes)
Once you finish all the creatures, you will unlock the last creature ~ which actually takes you to the credits. Eat each food pellet within each credit name, and once that layer is done, move to the next by eating the next (-). At any point put down the controller for thirty minutes and don't touch it for Zen (I strongly suggest you hit the PS button so your XMB is up, this way just in case you hit a button by mistake or the controller is even marginally tilted, the game won't know. Yes, I tested it and got the trophy, in fact the trophy will pop while you are still in XMB so you can check the flOw trophy rate every few minutes if you like.)
When you finish this level on a glitch-install, if you ate all the pellets, it will give you: Beauty, Vegetarian, Peace and Giant. Now re-install the game the proper way (see top of this post for details) and restart the credit level.
When you finish the credit level on a proper install, if you ate all the pellets, it will give you: Gaia and Gratitude.
Step Three: Clean Up
Wrap up any trophies you didn't get yet.
[PST Would Like to Thank TigerLust for this Road Map]