- Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10 (Personal Estimate)
- Offline trophies: 45 (24, 16, 4, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 15-25 Hours (Personal Estimate)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 + Score Challenges + Level Select
- Number of missable trophies: None
- Glitched trophies: None
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, See "Push through the pain barrier"
- Do trophies stack?: Some, the Score Challenges Score Modifier Trophies must be done at x2 and x4.
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheat codes are available.
This guide was created using the PS4 and Vita versions of the game. The Vita version can be played using the touchscreen to control everything except the main menu and its components but it can be played using the same face button configuration as PS4. The shoulder buttons are not used.
Final Horizon is a fast-paced, space-based tower defence game on the PS4 and Vita that pits you against an unknown force of robotic insects called the Swarm, using weaponized towers, with unique abilities, to defend your property and fight towards the Swarm home planet. Both versions of the game share the same trophy list and have cross-save.
You are given a set amount of spaces per level to place your towers and defend your base against the coming enemies. Each tower has a different weapon and each upgrade has a different ability. You are in control of what towers are placed and their upgrades. However, you cannot choose what they decide to shoot and you cannot develop towers without energy. Your percentage of level completion is based on what primary and secondary objectives you complete during the level. Levels are completed by eliminating all enemies, launch rockets/escape pods or waiting down countdowns.
Step 1 - Complete the Story and all level objectives:
You will begin in Act 1. Levels are unlocked by completing the primary objective of previous levels. There are three acts to complete with 4-6 planets in each. Each planet may contain 1-8 levels and these levels range from 1-4 minutes of play per stage. Your level percentage is based on the number of objectives you finish inside. Since very few secondary objectives pose a slight difficulty, getting a 100% in a level before proceeding to the next is the best thing to do. During this step, you should unlock:
The Final Horizon
Shipwrecked and Comatose
Make like a shepherd
Set course for Alderaan
Philip J Fried
The fog is lifted
Know your enemy
Get to the chopper!
Bring the heat
Boom shake the room
Per Ardua ad Astra
The only way to be sure
Step 2 - Play Score Challenge:
Score Challenge is a mode where you play select levels with modified settings and compete with friends for a high score on the leaderboard. You only need to complete one level on the hardest difficulty and get a high multiplier on another but the rest are simple and quick. During this step, you should unlock:
Player of Games
Take it to the next level
Push through the pain barrier
Step 3 - Cleanup:
Since you completed all secondary objectives as told in Step 1, the trophies that should be left should deal with combat kills. Replay story missions and score challenges to get the required kill amount you need. You can check your progress under "Trophies" in the "Battle Log" on the main menu. During this step you should unlock the following, if you haven't already:
Sting in the tail
Full of Venom
Crushed like a bug in the ground
Pan-galactic gargle blaster
Kill it with fire!
Nuke them from orbit
Use of Weapons
Danger! High Voltage
Everybody's dead, Dave
The Destroyer of Worlds
[PST Would Like To Thank JayPBM for this Roadmap]
Dark Galaxy DLC:
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10
- Offline trophies: 7 (5, 1, 1)
- Online trophies:
- Approximate amount of time to 100%: 2-3 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1+
- Number of missable trophies: 0 (via Level Select)
- Glitched trophies: None known
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulty select options
- Do trophies stack?: No, the PS4 and PS Vita versions share one trophy list
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheat Codes known
The Dark Galaxy DLC is the first add-on for Final Horizon. This pack adds 20 new Levels across 5 planets, and several new enemy and turret types.
If you have played and achieved the platinum for the main game, this DLC should not pose much challenge, and can be completed within about 3 hours. Most of the trophies will come through progression, with no significant grinding needed.
- This DLC can be accessed at any time from the main menu by selecting the Dark Galaxy tab. You do not need to complete the main game 100% to access this content
- If you have completed the main game but have not yet completed the kill counts for the L1 Spider Tanks or Scarab (aka, the grind), completing this DLC will add about 300-500 Tanks and 30 Scarabs to your totals. While it certainly is not as quick as farming, if you are going for 100% anyway, I would recommend completing the DLC first, before farming the remaining kills.
Step 1: Complete all Levels and Secondary Objectives
I would suggest playing through all Levels, and trying to complete as many Secondary Objectives as possible. Note that compared to the Core Game, the DLC Levels tend to have more Secondary Objectives, often 3-4 per Level.
It is important to note that you do not need to complete all Secondary Objectives in a single playthrough. While this was entirely possible for most of the Core Game Levels, you are better to focus on 1 or 2 Objectives per run, in this DLC. In particular, getting the No Damage Objectives while avoiding use of specific turrets (often the more powerful/useful turrets) would be quite difficult in a single run. It is most efficient to separate these across several different attempts.
As long as you fulfill the Main Objective, you can progress but I would recommend replaying as you go because you will be more familiar with the Level. If a particular Secondary Objective is proving frustrating, feel free to move on and come back later.
All Enemy and Turret kill counts should come through normal play.
Step 2: Clean up
Miss a Secondary Objective? A few kills short? Now is the time to go back and finish those off. You will also need to replay the 2 Levels for all Secondary Objectives at once, if you did not do so in Step 1.
[PST Would Like To Thank diskdocx for this Roadmap]