- Estimated difficulty: 1/10 (Personal Estimate) (Platinum Difficulty Rating Thread)
- Offline trophies: 20 (1, 9, 5, 5)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to : 37+hrs using guide or 50-60 hours otherwise (Estimated Time Platinum Poll)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: None (but see note about numbers)
- Does difficulty affect any trophies: no
- Do cheat codes disable trophies: N/A
This is the easiest game I have plated but it is a major grind. It could take you 50-60 hours without the following guide (this seems to be the average). However, with the guide provided by Rhasget you should be able to do it in just under 40 hours. I actually liked this game, it was calming and a distraction but it will definitely not be everyone's cup of tea, as it will get very repetitive.
Please note all Get/Drive X trophies will only pop after you have got 1 more than the specified amount. For example Trucker will only pop once you've reached 11km driven instead of the specified 10. They are not glitched, the descriptions are just off.
The following is a step by step guide by Rhasget on how to obtain the Platinum in 37hours, played on Easy difficulty. Harder difficulties will increase the time required. Please note high demand prices are random so your time may vary slightly. For this guide you should always use auto-drive for seeding and watering, and only manually drive ploughing/harvesting if there is nothing else you can do. Most the time you want to use auto-drive those too though, as you need to move equipment around and sell crops. Please refer to the provided map for field locations.
- Sell all the grain in your silos, at the shop(s) with the best price(s). Sell all the equipment, plougher and seeder and buy the bigger versions, also buy a large waterer.
- Harvest, plough, sow and water the fields you own. Alternating between wheat and canola. Whilst also doing missions when they appear. Don’t wait for high demand, instead sell when waiting for crops to grow. Continue till you have 50K.
- Buy field 10 and now plant 2 fields of wheat and canola each cycle. Continue till you have 280k.
- Buy the big tractor. Now use the big tractor for ploughing and sowing and the small tractor for watering and trailer. Continue till you have 90K.
- Buy field 4 and alternate this one with wheat and canola. Now start waiting for high demand over 30k to sell. Please note Inn and Mill prices drop fast especially with large trailers. Always check prices and time left before you set off. Continue till you have 400K
- Buy field 5. Plant crops evenly (field 5 count as 2 fields). Continue till you have 370K.
- Buy a corn harvester. Plant corn in Field 5 only, and wheat & canola evenly across other fields. Continue till you have 280K.
- Buy a big tractor. Continue till you have 150K.
- Buy field 6, 8 and 9 for 50000 each and plant corn on them. Stop planting corn on field 5 and alternate with wheat and canola. Start a planting cycle where you drive all your tractors (except trailer) from field to field as they are harvested. I used this pattern 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10 You can drive through the forest between 9 and 10 to get there faster. Continue till you have 200K.
- Trade in your combine harvester (165K back) for the bigger one (365k). (Faster and holds more so less tending) You can also attach the trailer to the bigger harvester for moving between fields (this blocks auto-driving when harvesting so not recommended when you want to use auto-drive, obviously). Continue till you have 32k.
- Buy the big (red) trailers for 32k and place them near field 6. Continue till you have 32k.
- Buy more big (red) trailers for 32k and place near fields 2,3,4 for when don’t have time to get tractor and trailer there. Continue till you have 280k
- Buy another big tractor. Now you have 4 tractors. Use 1 for each piece of equipment, plough, sower, waterer (small tractor) and trailer. Continue till you have 320k.
- Buy field 7 and plant it with corn. Incorporate it in your cycle. Once you get a flow to your cycle you will almost never have to wait to cultivate a field. Now only sell crops when the price is over 4000 at the Inn or the mill and over 3000 at the Plant or the Station. Continue till you have 8,570,500.
- Save the game. Now stop all equipment from working and sell everything. This should put you over 10 million. If you don’t have miles driven yet re-buy the big tractor and drive around until the trophy pops.
Equipment Listed resell value: 1,429,500
- Stop doing every help mission after the trophy pops and concentrate on the crops instead. This speeds up harvesting.
- Learn the fastest route from your silos to all four selling points. I found out I had driven a longer route to the plant and mill for almost half the game and shaved 30 seconds of each run after that.
- Time your tractors when to start cultivating, seed and water after harvesting. If you start too soon after another vehicle they will run into each other and stop completely. Also once they finish move them away from the field as they will prevent the one behind from finishing.
- Getting the platinum in 37 hours higly depends on getting good prices when selling. Sometimes it's worth not selling anything for a few hours and wait for good prices, be patient or use the save and reload trick.
- Sell your equipment at the end.
- Use big trailer to drop off crops (will save journeys)
- DON'T push equipment into huts or right angle corners so that the connection point to the tractor is not accessible. It will prevent you from using it and force you to buy a new one. It's a waste of money and if you have 2 or more of that type there is no guarantee that it will be the 1st one to be sold.
- Save regularly. Sometimes the game crashes when using auto-drive and the only way to keep it from crashing at the same point over and over is by stopping auto-drive, moving the vehicles around a little manually and then resume auto-drive.
[PS3T Would Like to Thank Rhasget for this Roadmap]