- Estimated trophy difficulty: 1/10 (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 27 (8, 13, 5, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 26-35hrs (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: 1
- Glitched trophies: 0
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
- Do trophies stack?: Yes, the PS3, Original PS4 and Re-Release PS4 versions all have separate lists.
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No
This game is a third iteration of the Farming Simulator for 2015. There are quite a few new things that one can do in this version, including tree forestry and animal husbandry. For the first time there is multiplayer capability but there is a catch, it has been reported that no trophies are attainable while engaged in multiplayer so if you want trophies - you must play in single player mode.
This is a very laid back, slow-paced game and there could be a broad spectrum of how long it takes the average person to attain the platinum trophy. The 26 hours is not far from the minimum time anyone could do it legit which means most people will take longer than that. There are some shortcuts that can cut down some large amounts of playtime as well but choosing to use them is up to you.
I should also mention that there is a short learning curve for multiple elements of the game so do not get frustrated by that with my 1 difficulty rating! Several actions might take you a dozen tries to figure out how to efficiently use it, but there is nothing that takes a huge amount of skill. It really is just learning the mechanics of the game.
The very first item to mention is that there is no auto-save for this game so remember to save frequently!
The second item to mention is that there are two different maps that you can choose from to play your game. The Bjornholm area is quite hilly, has lots of trees, looks pretty cool, and has a lot of scenery, twists and turns which might be more time consuming to navigate. The Westbridge Hills area is pretty flat and straightforward with very large fields. The choice is really up to you but it should be noted that the gold coin collectibles are only found in Bjornholm. There is a thread in this forum comparing to the two areas here: LINK. Personally I did all but one trophy in Bjornholm but if I were to do it over, then I would have used Westbridge Hills for all possible trophies and used Bjornholm to find all of the gold coins (finding these coins can be accomplished immediately in a new game).
I found several detailed walkthroughs on-line (for all aspects of the game) but I found this one: LINK on Gamepressure.com to be be the most helpful. This link is a "game guide" not a "trophy guide".
Step 1: Play through the game on Easy difficulty
You do not have to do this in the exact order below but I found this to be the most efficient use of one's time. Feel free to mix it up if you wish, but do make sure to do step 1 first as it is the only missable trophy.
- Begin a new game to achieve the missable Financial Folly
- Restart with a new game.
- Collect all of the gold coins for Something Shiny - Coins on the Streets - Numismatist
This step requires the Bjornholm map so if you started with Westbridge Hills then these 3 trophies will be your last.
- Farm money to achieve Nouveau-Riche - Well-Heeled - Pots of Gold
This will also cut a great deal of time from your overall platinum completion. If you'd rather not farm this then obviously these can be completed later whenever you wish.
- If you farmed the previous trophies then you already have, or soon will, achieve Longplayer
- Buy a wind turbine for Wind Farm Starter Kit
- Pay back your bank loan in full for Out of Debt
- Use a tree planter to earn Arborist and Reforestation
- Buy a chainsaw and go on a tree cutting spree to earn Timber! and Lumberjack
- Cut down specific trees types for Tree Expert
- Sell some of your freshly cut tree logs to earn Heavy Load
- Buy a bunch of cows and sheep for Sweet Dreams and Cowboy
- Start sowing and harvesting wheat or barley so that you can make hay bales for Bales of Steel
- Continue sowing and harvesting to achieve Fruits of Your Labor - Harvest King - Sower - Mass Production
- Focus specifically on missions until you achieve Mission Master
- Grind out the personal driving miles for Mobile Farmer and Very Frequent Driver
Step 2: Cleanup - Finish grinding and/or play a different map
You may wish to use the opposite map for cleanup. For example, Bjornholm has way more trees and is much better for forestry. Westbridge Hills is definitely better for sowing and harvesting. If you happened to play Westbridge Hills first then you must play Bjornholm to collect all 100 gold coins.
Once all individual trophies are out of the way, the Completionist trophy will be yours.
[PST Would Like to Thank scharn73 for this Roadmap]