Banner by Ryukori
If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Platinum Difficulty Poll)
- Offline trophies: 42 (28, 9, 4, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 40/50 hours (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 + Free Roam
- Number of missable trophies: None
- Glitched trophies: None
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No, you can play it at the lowest difficult.
In this game, you will play through almost all the battle of the epic Dragon Ball Z anime, starting from Radish untill Kid Bu, with cool animations, perfect soundtrack and some free roam to explore the world of the Z warriors.
This game is quite easy and quick to plat, thanks to a free roam feature at the end of the game and thanks to the absence of missable trophies. Just play the game until the end and do some farming and clean-up at the end to get this platinum easily.
Note on DLCs: Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot includes DLC which adds additional storylines. However, they are not necessary to play if all you want to do is 100% the game. You can do them for EXP boost and to make other trophies easier, so if you have them included, feel free to play them whenever you like.
When i started the game, i had a little sense of confusion because of the many features and things you can do, expecially during the free roam, so I will give you some advice here before starting with the walkthrough:
How to deal with Free Roam:
Free roam is a bit confusing at the start of the game. The best way to deal with the huge world of Dragon Ball Z, is to know what you need for the platinum, avoiding to spend many hours on free roam doing anything:
- Green, Blue, Red and other Z orbs: in free roam, you can collect a huge quantity of colored orbs. You will need them to upgrade your characters special attacks, getting stronger versions of them and new ones. Every time you visit an area, the orbs will respawn. My suggestion is to collect the ones near to you and your objectives and farm them only when you need a certain amount of them to improve your special attacks. Don't waste your time trying to get all of them at once, because you will get Z orbs also after battles.
- Animals, plants, minerals, mechanical items and objects: another special feature on the free roam, are animals (like dinosaurs, wolves, fishes), plants (apple, peaches), minerals, mechanichal items and random objects scattered around the world (some of them needed for cooking, some of them being D medals). You will need them for some sub-missions and for cooking but like the orbs, there are so many of them and the world is so big that will be a waste of time to try and collect all of them. Again, explore the world and collect only the ones that are near you and your goals, farming them only if you need them. Only exception is for fishing: as soon as you reach a new area, try to fish once on each new fishing spot.
- Enemies: you will find a high number of enemies on your free roam. They're quite easy to kill but killing them is just a waste of time. Don't go around searching for a fight, fight only when they reach you.
- Sub-stories: they're secondary missions (you can find them under a blue icon in the map) and you need 10 of them for the platinum. However, since they're quick and easy, do all of them as soon as possible, as you will get good EXP boost and good items.
Step 1: Playing the story while doing sub-quests
Start the game with whatever difficult option you prefer and go through it until the end. The story is quite long but very enjoyable if you're a fan of Dragon Ball Z. Don't waste too much time in farming orbs or medal, as you can do more accurate farming at the end of the game. However, there are some things you should do:
- Do any sub-quest you find. This will help you in building your characters and making them stronger in order to face the hardest battle in this game (see Do-Gooder ). Doing sub-missions will also help you for many other trophies (Heavy Medal , Fountain of Knowledge and Only the Finest .
- Unlock the skills on the skill tree and on the training grounds: This will help you again with the hardest fights and for some trophies.
- Every time you can, try to get some full-course menu
- Between intervals, try to get some dragon balls (only possible after Frieza chapter)
- Every time you can, go and visit Muten/Roshi to get the rewards needed for Turtle School Legend
At the end of this step, you will get:
Worse For Wear
Emperor No More
Earth's New Champion
A Dark Omen
There's Nothing Like a Home-Cooked Meal!
Only the Finest
Tell Me More
The Voice in My Head
Who Needs a Phone?
Thirsty for Knowledge
Fountain of Knowledge
Turtle School Trainee
Turtle School Master
Turtle School Legend
The Power of Friendship
Push It to the Limit
A Super Warrior Is Born
Step 2: Free roam and clean-up
After the defeat of Majin Bu, it's time to do some farming. Depending on how many things you did during step 1, you will spend some time during this step in order to get the last trophies you need. In order to decrease the time needed for this step, I suggest to follow these two tips:
- Use Vegeta as your primary character and always have Gohan and Goku in your team. Vegeta has the powerful Big Bang attack capable of hitting all enemies, while Goku and Gohan are the most powerful character at this point. Battle will be faster and easier, reducing the time needed for platinum.
- Try to unlock Vegeth as soon as possible. To unlock Vegeth, you need to complete the two secondary missions of Old Kaioshin. You can find him in the Kaioshin's land. Once you unlock Vegeth, you will be able to fuse during each fight. Vegeth has the Big Bang attack also, so you can get rid of your enemies very fast. You can find the fusion under "Transformation" menù during the battle (+). You need Vegeta and Goku in your team to be able to fuse.
- Getting dragon balls for Shenron's Favorite
- Destroy boulders for Demolition Artist
- Farm experience and levels for Purging the Plague , Down with the Demon Realm!
- Farm Zenis and materials for Tough Enough
- Fly around the world getting instant wins for Can't Touch This
- Use materials for Let the Building Begin! , Get out of My Head and Turn into My Car , Robot Rider
- Do Z combos for Z Combo Zealot
At the end of this step, you will get:
Evil All Around
Purging the Plague
Down with the Demon Realm!
Not Worth My Time
Can't Touch This
Let the Building Begin!
Get out of My Head and Turn into My Car
Z Combo Zealot
Dragon Ball Master