- Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10 (Personal opinion) (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 45 (30, 11, 3, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 100hrs+ (Personal opinion) (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: None
- Glitched trophies: No
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
- Do trophies stack?: Yes, the PS4, Asia Vita and JP Vita versions of the game have their own list.
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
- Additional peripherals required?: No
Welcome to digital world! After 17 years, digital monsters are back and if you have already played Digimon World for the PS1, you will definitely feel yourself at home. Digimon World: Next Order, as a direct sequel of Digimon World 1, contains the same features of the first game with some innovations: New and old Digimons, new and old characters and a brand new world to explore. The idea of the game is almost the same: You will have 2 partners (instead of 1) and you need to make them stronger to fight epic enemies, recruit Digimons and try to save again the digital world. In terms of trophies, the game is pretty straightforward. You will get trophies by completing chapters, recruiting Digimons, Digivolving and completing some side-quests. There are no missable trophies, all areas can be revisited, no digimons are missable and if you know what to do and how to do it, you can get your Platinum without wasting too much time.
Before entering the digital world, it's good to have some information that will help you to not waste time on your platinum road:
- Digimon training: Digimons can be trained in two ways: by gym and by battles. The gym is really useful for early stages, until the stage of ultimate Digimon. After that, the stat increase will be very slow and your partners will die early. Battle will give you less stat but during a fight the time is stopped, giving you chance to increase your stats without caring about the in-game time. You can train the following stats:
- PF: The life points of the digimon. At 0, the digimon will be KO.
- PM: the magic points used to attack.
- STR: the strength of your Digimon. The higher is the stat, the bigger he will hit.
- RES: the resistance of your Digimon. The higher is the stat, the less he will take damage
- WIS: wisdom is a stat that will define the PM needed to use an attack. The higher is the value, less PM are needed to use an attack.
- SPD: speed indicates how often your Digimon will launch an attack.
- Stats carrying: after some time, your partners will die. They reborn with a percentage of your stats (it depends on your tamer skills), so every time a Digimon dies, it will reborn stronger. Also, the game is pretty kind: it will always give you the percentage of the maximum stat you got (for example, if your Digimon dies with 1000 ATK, it will reborn with 100 ATK. If it dies again with less than 1000 ATK, it will get again 100 ATK).
- Bound: Crucial for post-game and for some of the hardest battle, are the bonds between you and your partners and between themselves. If you have the bound at 100 with both partners and the Digifriend bound is also high, they can fuse into a powerful Digimon that will wipe out almost all your enemies so try to have the bound at maximum as long as you can.
- Digimon caring: The last thing to note, is that you have to take care of your partners. They need to eat, to poop (Megas don't poop), to sleep and to rest if they are too tired. They can also get ill, take injuries and sometimes they need to be scolded.
Now, you are ready to get into the game.
Step 1: Play the game
As I said before, the game is pretty straightforward. At the end of the story, you will have full access to all areas and Digimons so play it normally without caring too much about Digivolutions and other stuff. Start it on easy, as the stats increase is higher than normal and you will need less time for training. There are 4 chapters in which you will switch between recruiting Digimons, training your partners and continue with the story. Also, during this step try to get as many materials as you can: This will help you in the post-game, because you will need less time to farm the cards. If you have any problem with a particular boss, just stock with plugins, healing items or try to use ExE. There are no particular strategies for bosses, just try to have high stats every time you need to face one and remember there are no Game Overs so don't worry about it.
At the end of this step, you will get:
Figured It Out!
Hang in There...
Signs of Improvement!
Chapter One Cleared!
Rookie with Promise!
Chapter Two Cleared!
Chapter Three Cleared!
Chapter Four Cleared!
Master of Rebirth!
Step 2: Post-Game
Once you cleared the main game, it’s time to move on post-game. New Digimons will appear on old areas and almost all of them want to fight you. Recruiting them will grant you access to post-game dungeons, needed to get Ruler of Other Worlds! Try to get 2 megas with around 6,000/7,000 on ATK and DEF, 4,000 for SPD and 40,000 for PM/PF. With those stats, you will be more or less ready to fight all the new Digimons and almost all the colosseum battles, some of them even without the ExE. To obtain such high stats, you have to switch between training on the gym, eat Seraphimon "paradise fruit basket" and fight powerful Digimons like the ones in Infinite Cauldron.
Also, try to always have one generation of delay between your partners because this will improve the training at the gym thanks to the roulette. I suggest to start farming bits as soon as possible: every time you find yourself stuck (for example, you used your daily ExE and cannot fight other Digimons), go and farm bits with Black WereGarurumon. This will help you later, because to obtain some partners on your way to get Professor of Digimon! you will need to spend money on the restaurant and on the dojo to adjust some of the stats like weight and discipline and if you still have to get the Zillionaire! trophy, you will found yourself in a situation where you need to spend money but you will need them for the trophy. Once you get almost all the other trophies, you can focus on the last colosseum battle (the S rank), the Digivolutions and materials spot to farm the cards.
At the end of this step you will get:
King of the Colosseum!
Ruler of Other Worlds!
Professor of Digimon!
Digimon World Conqueror!
[PST Would Like To Thank Mordred87 for this Roadmap]