Legendary Medal Collector Trophy in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Legendary Medal Collector
Collected all Digimon medals.
How to unlock Legendary Medal Collector
For best results, it's better to play on hard mode when hunting for medals to increase the item drop rates, along with a team of 3 BlackKingNumemon each equipped with 3 Large Capacity USBs for far better chances to obtain medal drops.
Digimon medals are collectibles in this game, there are 500 medals in total. 300 of them are exclusive to 10 Gacha machines, capsule toy vending machines placed around the game. Each of the 10 gacha machines give 30 unique medals. Which medal you get from a gacha machine is completely random, some are even rare too. You can also get medals from battles. They drop from certain Digimon just like any regular item drop. The rest are obtained from shiny objects on the ground that can be picked up or from investigation cases.
Investigation cases are cases where Digimon ask you to find their dropped/lost items. They reward you with a medal of the Digimon that issued you the case. To unlock investigation cases, you need to send a DigiFarm team on an investigation (the purple colored investigate option in the DigiFarm). This type of case can be repeated whenever needed. The case result you get depends on the farm rank, Digimon level categories and how many Detective's Essence farm goods are equipped. Another way to obtain medals is from the Offline Coliseum, there are a number of unique Digimon you can fight in there and each of them drops their medal.
Best way to get all 30 medals from each gacha machine is to turn in all your medals to the medal old man NPC in Nakano Broadway 4F, make sure your medal tab in the items menu is empty, then keep using 1 gacha machine until your medal tab lists 30 medals. As long as you don't switch to another gacha or fight Digimon, you can tell if you got all 30 unique medals from a gacha by counting the medals you have on you. Repeat this with the other gacha machines.
The 10 Gacha machines can be found in the following places:
- Nakano Broadway 1F: Near the elevator.
- Nakano Broadway 1F: Near the escalator.
- Nakano Broadway 2F: In front of the card shop (unlocks later in the game).
- Nakano Broadway 3F: Next to the stairs.
- Shinjuku: Before the subway entrance (second map).
- Shibuya 1: Outside Tower Records store (second map).
- Shibuya 2: Inside Tower Records store (second map).
- Akihabara 1: The blue Gacha machine in the upper main street, next to Sega store.
- Akihabara 2: The red Gacha machine in the upper main street, next to the map exit.
- Ueno: Outside the digital shift (second map).
- Victory Uchida: The NPC with a V-shaped yellow hat.
This trophy is not missable anymore, due to the addition of a New Game+ mode in the English version of the game (the Japanese version got patched soon after the English release to include this mode as well). However, if you do not want to play a second playthrough just for a single trophy, it's best to get the 10 missable medals from Victory Uchida (pictured above). He will reward you with items and/or medals each time you find him. You have to find this NPC across 14 chapters. Just go to his location at the beginning of each specified chapter and talk to him.
Note: You can also get these 10 Digimon medals from the free Demon Lords DLC cases.
Here is where you can find Victory Uchida:
- Chapter 04/05: Shibuya, In front of Tower Records store. Available late chapter 04 until early chapter 05. Receive Ninja USB.
- Chapter 06: Nakano Broadway 3F, northeast of the escalator. Receive Vigor Mushroom and Creepymon Medal.
- Chapter 07: Kowloon Lv. 4, southwest side of the second map. Receive Researcher USB.
- Chapter 08: Tokyo Metropolitan Office lobby, bottom left corner. Receive Mental Melon and Barbamon Medal.
- Chapter 09: Nakano Broadway 3F, next to the stairs. Receive CAM USB.
- Chapter 10: EDEN Free Area. Receive Power Pine and Lilithmon medal.
- Chapter 11: Nakano Underpass. Receive Billionaire USB.
- Chapter 13: Asakusa. Receive Aegis Apple and Leviamon medal.
- Chapter 14: Central Hospital lobby. Receive Large Capacity USB.
- Chapter 15: Nakano Broadway 3F. Receive Clever Carrot and Beelzemon medal.
- Chapter 16: Shibuya, inside Tower Records store. Receive Panic Barrier DX.
- Chapter 17: Akihabara. Receive Acceleration Banana, Belphemon SM medal and Belphemon RM medal.
- Chapter 19: Shinjuku, shopping district area. Receive Tactician USB.
- Chapter 20: Odaiba roof, the bottom right side. Receive Miracle Meat, Lucemon medal, Lucemon SM medal and Lucemon FM medal.
Note that once you finish the story events in a chapter, it is highly likely that Victory Uchida will disappear, even if you're still in the specified chapter. So it's recommended to find him at the beginning of every listed chapter.
Visit my guide for a list of all the 500 medals and their locations.
This trophy and the trophies related to it unlock as soon as you obtain the specified Digimon medal number for each of them.
If you're having trouble getting the Agumon medal, then see this thread by YenRou: LINK