- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 [Personal Opinion] (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 26 (14, 8, 4)
- Online trophies: 5 (2, 1, 1, 1)
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 40-50 hours [Personal Estimate] (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 Campaign, 100+ solo and online league matches
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: 0 as of update 1.03
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No.
- Do trophies stack?: N/A
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
Blood Bowl 2 is a turn based fantasy football strategy game and as such involves some planning and a lot of luck. The skill-based elements come from attempting to turn luck in your favour as much as possible. It is the sequel to 2009's PS3 game Blood Bowl and is based on the variant of the tabletop game, Warhammer, of the same name.
For a completely new player, make sure that you follow the Roadmap and complete the campaign first. The campaign slowly introduces game mechanics match by match, this will greatly benefit your understanding on the basic rules and be enough to get you through this platinum. This is definitely one of those games that you get better at so keep at it and don't let it discourage you if you suck at first.
You can find a lot of help on the internet if you're struggling with the concepts. Remember that this game was around for years as a tabletop game before being transferred to video game form so the best strategies and advice already exist. For more information on particular rules and strategies that go deeper than the basics shown in the campaign, here are some websites to try:
Blood Bowl Tactics | LRB5 & LRB6 Playbooks and Strategy
Blood Bowl Online
You can also have a look at the official forum for this game:
Blood Bowl - Official Forum - Official forum of Blood Bowl videogame
Some of the more important concepts and strategies are as follows:
- Failing to complete certain actions that rely on a dice roll will immediately end your turn; save the actions with the lowest percentages for last.
- Dice priorities - Go for the double or triple dice rolls before the singles to maximize success.
- Make sure your players that have been knocked down are standing back up and repositioned if necessary; neglecting vulnerable players leaves them as sitting ducks.
- If a move turns against your favour, you can reroll to have another chance at succeeding. Use your rerolls wisely as you can only use one per turn.
- Play the percentages - Unless absolutely necessary make sure that if you are going for an action such as picking up the ball, that you have the best possible player for the job selected and therefore higher percentage chance.
On Private Leagues:
As a turn-based game, earning trophies is massively benefited here by finding a boosting partner. Post in this thread to find yourself one:
Trophy Boosting Thread.
Also, I highly recommend you set up a private league for you and your partner to boost trophies in. To do this, from the main menu select 'Team & League Management' and press and until you get to the 'My leagues' tab. You should now see the option to create a multiplayer league, press to enter a name, change the logo and add a description. When you have done this press again and a pop up will ask if you want to create a competition in the league, press again to select yes. Select Ladder as your competition type and name your competition. You can also change a few of the settings such as turn duration but you can just leave it as the defaults. Press again to create your competition.
You now can join your teams to this competition and boost away.
To BeforeJam for editing and images.
Step 1: Campaign
Playing the campaign is an ideal place on your start to Blood Bowl II. Here, you’ll learn to learn the game and be introduced to the mechanics. There also several trophies that can be achieved here. Grand exterminator requires you to beat the campaign. Along the way you should naturally get a few other trophies as well as aim for a couple of miscellaneous ones, such as Beat it!.
By the end of this step you should have the following trophies:
The Grim Reaper
One down! Who's next?
Favour of the Amethyst College
Spike! magazine award
Step 2: Solo League
Most of your time will be spent playing in solo league or the official online league to work towards Outstanding coach. We’ll be working towards that trophy in this step, but likely won’t earn it until later. To make it simpler for later you should get the specific solo league trophy Misanthrope done now as well as a couple of easy miscellaneous ones that relate to team management. You will be aiming to earn the following trophies in this step:
To the slaughterhouse
Step 3: Online League and optional boosting
At a minimum you need to play and win one online match for the trophies Real-life opponent and Accomplished coach. Here is also where you'll want to boost a couple of potentially very annoying luck based trophies including the transfer market trophies. By the end of this step you should aim to have the following trophies completed:
Not so fast!
Favour of the Grey College
Law of the market
In dodge we trust
Step 4: Clean-up and grinding
You should now only have Outstanding coach to work towards. If you missed any miscellaneous trophies now is the time to finish them off.
[PST Would Like to Thank NurseFG for this Roadmap]