- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (Personal opinion) (Trophy Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 12 (8, 3, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 100%: 4-6hrs
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 + local multiplayer + Survival Mode for clean up.
- Number of missable trophies: 0
- Glitched trophies: 0
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
- Do trophies stack?: No
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available
- Extra Peripherals needed?: Yes, 1 Additional joypad.
Babel Rising is some kind of tower defence game. With your divine elemental powers you'll have to prevent humanity from building towers reaching the skies as they go up and up.
Here is all you have to know about the game mechanics:-
Towers: There are three types of towers -
- Great Ziggurat: the easiest, humans come from one spawn point and build their way up all around the foundation in circle.
- Tower of Babel: Same as above except humans come from two opposed spawn points. Their roads never cross so you will have to watch for both roads at the same time.
- Hanging Gardens: the hardest, 2 spawn points and a square-shaped foundation, the roads toward the summit are quite complex as they don’t just follow the tower’s border. It also has arches which hinder visibility.
Powers: There are 3 types of powers for each 4 elements - A projectile, a trail and an ultimate one. The first two are your basic powers, if you don’t use them they charge up and become more powerful when fully charged. The latter is only available after you have killed enough humans; when you use it, you have to press repeatedly or to improve its power. Unfortunately, you can only have two elements at once. Detailed powers:
- Earth: Rock (kills only one human, nothing changes when charged but usable up to three times in a row), Rift (kill every human on its way as you’re drawing it), Giant boulder (creates a big boulder which rolls over every human on its way, following the road to the spawn point and occasionally doing casualties to the tower; best used at the tower’s highest point)
- Fire: Fireball (kills several humans where it falls, can slightly damage the tower when fully charged), Fire trail (every human touching it gets immolated, the trail stays for a few seconds), Meteor shower (meteors fall where you aim, can touch 3 floors at the same time and can destroy tower parts, but only where the carpentry is still visible).
- Water: Rain, this can't kill but slows down humans. Freezing air, every human touched gets frozen, when the ice breaks they die and ice bursts can kill closer humans; the frozen can block the way of other humans. Tidal wave, water floods around 4/5 of the tower maximum height when fully charged, killing any humans lower than that; water level goes higher as you charge it.
- Wind: Thunder, electrocutes every human around it and lingers for a few seconds. Tornado, every human trapped is dead, slowly follows your cursor. Sand storm, wipes out every human on the tower at the point where you aim it and can touch two floors.
Enemies: you will encounter several types of human -
- Workers: basic human, they just follow the road to the summit and build a little portion when they reach the farthest point.
- Priests: Priests have a shield around them which protects them from one of your powers, ultimate powers included. The colour determines which of the four elements is ineffective. Other humans in the shield are protected as well. Sometimes they stop to pray, that’s all they do but still enough to be a pain in a given situation.
- Cursed jar bearers: They bear a cursed jar which they drop randomly on the road which disappears after some time. You have to be extra careful not to accidentally kill the bearer or break the dropped jar, or the power you used will be sealed for a while. When they spawn you will hear some kind of evil laughter.
- Ships: Sometimes the waves of humans will slow down then stop to spawn, then you will hear a horn blowing and a timer with a boat on it, you have to press so the camera travels to the port. Here there is some kind of shooting phase; you have to destroy all the boats incoming with unlimited fireballs. Honestly I don't understand what kind of influence they have over the tower's construction but it's fairly easy to clean every wave perfectly anyway, just aim slightly ahead of the ship's bow.
- Construction towers: They look like siege towers, slowly come close to the tower then opens to act as another spawn point so you have to take them out ASAP. To destroy them, just hit them twice with any power (careful, ultimate counts as only one blow). You will hear drums when they spawn.
Now that you know everything about the gameplay, you're armed to hunt these trophies.
Step 1: Complete the campaign
The campaign is composed of fifteen chapters, where you will basically try to stop the construction of the tower; the only different things are the victory conditions, and difficulty adds up at every chapter. You will also earn every options for the other modes (maps, difficulty etc.).
During this step you will earn:
You may also earn most of these trophies:
Great balls of fire
Step 2: Solo clean up
If you miss any of the above trophies, just go in Survival mode, choose the Great Ziggurat tower and easy mode and complete the missing trophy requirements. Note: All of these have to be done either in Campaign or Survival and none other as mentioned in the Trophy Guide
Step 3: Local multiplayer
The game has a multiplayer mode but it's local only so you will require a second controller to earn those trophies. Having another player is optional, you can handle it by yourself leaving the other controller idle. You will have to play at least a round of coop and several short competitive rounds.
During this step you will earn:
Break the ice
[PST Would Like To Thank GastNDorf for this Road Map]