Banner by Kinjall
If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 (Personal opinion/Greatly skill dependent; Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 14 (2, 11, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 30 minutes - 1 hour (Personal opinion/Greatly skill dependent; Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: 4 (Saying "goodbye" , Red Key , Green Key , and Blue Key can easily be missed if you play through each stage as the ghost without possessing any other enemy), otherwise, no trophies will be missed if you use save states wisely.
- Glitched trophies: None
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No, all trophies can be unlocked on Easy difficulty.
Welcome to Avenging Spirit (Also known as Phantasm)! Originally developed by C.P. Brain and published by Jaleco for arcades in 1991, this version of the game finally makes its debut on modern consoles in 2022 courtesy of Ratalaika Games, Shinyuden, and City Connection (as the prior home port of the game was only for Game Boy systems in 1992).
In this game, players take control of a ghost who can possess enemies and use their weapons across six unique stages as he embarks on a quest to save his girlfriend, who was kidnapped by a crime syndicate prior to his death at the hands of one of its men prior to the beginning of the game. There are two ways to play this game: the original arcade version (which supports two players), or the newly optimized console version that only supports one player, as seen in the screenshot below:
Like some of the other game ports published by Ratalaika (such as Gynoug and Gleylancer, for example), this game uses a special emulator that allows players to make save states, use its built-in rewind, and fast forward features, and much more!
: "A" Button (Attack)
: "B" Button (Jump)
: Fast Forward
: "Start" Button
: Opens Emulator Menu
Step 1: Enjoy the game to your heart's content while going for the True Ending!
As per the usual tradition of games published by Ratalaika Games, this game includes an easy-to-earn platinum trophy on top of the game itself being a bit of a challenge if you're playing this normally (provided that you're new to the game itself).
Of course, as the title of this step suggests, this revolves around playing the game at your own pace while going for the true ending, and while there are missable trophies, you can easily earn them by following this guide and using save states wisely, which makes it easier for you to go back to whichever part of the game you feel you missed a trophy in (such as the green key in Stage 5 and the blue key in Stage 6, as well as the trophies for reaching a specific score to unlock them).
Once you have completed this step, you will unlock the following trophies: