- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Personal opinion) (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 49 (37, 9, 2, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 16-20hrs (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 4 - 1 full playthrough of the main story, 2 playthroughs of specific missions + 1 clean-up run in Sandbox mode.
- Number of missable trophies: None, due to Mission select and Sandbox mode.
- Glitched trophies: No
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, you have to finish 1 mission on Insane and the entire campaign on Normal or a higher difficulty.
- Do trophies stack?: No
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
- Additional peripherals required?: No.
Aven Colony was released on July 25, 2017 and is a City-Building/Strategy game in the vein of Sim City. You must establish a colony and maintain various resource producing facilities as well as the demands and requirements of your colonists. Overall it is an enjoyable experience to play through and a relaxing 100%. I also want to give credit to The Governor for his initial guidance on trophies and save/reload techniques mentioned within this guide.
The game can become very unstable once you have a large population of colonists (700+) and/or a very expansive colony. This can also be a huge issue when trying to build or upgrade any structure that displays an overlay (Expedition Map, Drone Hubs, Water Pumps, Lightning Towers etc.). You may experience extreme game slow down or even crashes at this point.
It has also been reported that the game may delete your auto save if it crashes, it is a good idea to make frequent manual saves so you do not lose major progress if this happens.
A new patch is supposed to be coming but the developers haven't given a specific date for its release at this time. An update to this guide will be made with any confirmation of issues or positive progress in game stability.
As you fulfill trophy requirements you can cut down on a lot of time by making a save prior to performing a certain action then reloading to add to the count. I am unsure exactly how this works but to be safe I utilized an additional save slot after then reloaded the original save to ensure progress was recorded. I have not confirmed if that extra save step is required, better safe than sorry. This will make earning trophies such as Farm Life, Solar Tycoon, Sorry, We Don't Serve Miners & Rescuer much less time intensive.
There is currently a single DLC available in some countries, that is called "Cerulean Vale" but isn't worth the money because it is poorly balanced and miles harder than the others so will only succeed in hindering your progress towards the .
Step 1: Normal Playthrough of each campaign mission
Simply playthrough each of the offered campaign missions to complete the majority of the trophies. Most non-story related trophies will come naturally without even trying for them. All of the campaign missions seem to act as tutorials through progression with each mission incorporating previous lessons learned. Nothing is overly challenging and consistent use of the save/reload function can be used to adjust methods if something goes wrong or to proactively fulfill trophy requirements as you play.
Some general tips for success throughout this playthrough are as follows:-
- Air Filters are your best friend, because you will need to consistently be placing these as you expand your colony. Air Quality seems to be the number one complaint of your colonists throughout the entire game.
- Enable Drone Auto-Repair through the Colony Control Menu. This can be acquired after you build your first Research Center. Your drones will automatically repair all structures within their range. This option can be expensive and deplete your available funds, you should ensure you have a steady Nanite flow prior to enabling it.
- Each time you expand your Construction Drones, consider placing a Scrubber Drone, Police Drone and Lightning Tower as well all clustered together. This will ensure the maximum protection as you expand your colony.
- When first placing an Immigration Center, make sure you enable High Priority Staffing to maximize the number of Immigrates per trip. Also, consider building more than one so you can increase the number of colonists at your disposal. Just ensure you keep up with Housing demands and Employment within your facilities.
- To keep your colonists healthy and happy you will have to build Hospitals as well as a Chemical Plant to produce Nanomedicines and Plague Vaccines.
- Don't enable the "Consumer Goods" option in the Mill, these are used to distribute within the Retail Centers. Your Nanite be quickly reduced to zero and never recover. The developer has said that a future patch will make it much clearer how much this option is affecting your economy.
- Do not overextend your colony, ensure you have the appropriate housing, staffing, protection, air quality and commuting distance as you expand.
During this step, you are guaranteed to get all of the story related and unmissable trophies that are required to progress the main storyline:
Sandy Gulch Champion
Valley of Death Champion
Step 2: Miscellaneous Trophies
The majority of these trophies below will come naturally during the campaign missions, some will have to be focused on during certain situations. Each of the trophies within the guide will have suggested methods of completion as well as optimal missions if you have not acquired them by the end your initial playthrough.
The Upper Grade
Sorry, We Don't Serve Miners
Jack of All Trades
Dark and Stormy Night
I'm Losing My Mine
Kid in an Elevator
All is Revealed
Lewis & Clark
You Have Been Warned
The Great Depression
Step 3: Insane Mission, Campaign Mission Specific Trophies & Platinum
These can be done at any point in your playthrough. Once you feel comfortable with the game mechanics these trophies should not pose a serious problem. Refer to each of the trophies within the guide for specific requirements and tips for completion:
This is Madness!
[PST Would Like To Thank TechStep for this Roadmap]