Be sure to look at the Event Checklist for dates for certain events while playing the game.
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4 (Estimated Difficulty)
- Offline trophies: 54 (44, 7, 2, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 40-60 hours (Estimated Time)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 plus (overtime mode)
- Number of missable trophies: 38
- Glitched trophies: None
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: None
- Do trophies stack?: Yes
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: None
Arland, is a small kingdom in the middle of nowhere and the home to our lovable alchemist, Rorona. The kingdom of Arland was not technologically advanced until the discovering of “machines”, but even upon discovering no one knew how to use them properly. It was not until one day, an alchemist showed others how to use the “machines”; thus making everyone lazy. This in turn made things a lot more productive and alchemy useless or not needed in Arland.
This game plays similar to the original PS3 version of "Atelier Rorona ~ The Alchemist of Araland ~" however with a slight twist: you can obtain all the respective endings in one playthrough if you have met the requirements. Trophies such as Astrid's Ending , obtaining an Adventurer and Alchemy Level of 50 all require constant dedication and are by far the most stressful. Astrid's ending requires all the character flags of each character (Sterk, Iskel, Cordelia, Gio, Tantris and finally Lionella) to be activated before finishing assignment 12.
Step 1) Play up to Assignment # 12
During this step, you should consider the following as you are playing through the game:
- 100 or more assignment stars
- Obtain a 90% or higher Town Popularity
- Triggered every Character Flag
- Made all the pies in the game above 80+ quality
- Finish the game with a million Cole
- Defeated the Iron Giant, the Demon, and Cordelia + Rorona have an adventurer level of 50
It is recommended to have Iskel in your party during the first two assignments, or until Iskel acquires a Friendship level of over 30. Although, for a vast majority of the game you will want to have Cordelia in your party, since you need to get her to level 50 for the Adventurer Ending . Cordelia does not have the best stats early on, but she does improve as you progress. It is recommended once she gets to a level 60 Friendship, to switch her out for someone else so you can raise their Friendship.
Saves at the beginning of each assignment, in between the course of a few days, and one towards the end of an assignment is recommended. Once you get to the end of assignment 12, be sure to save a day or so prior, as you will be using this save to unlock the other endings.
It's best to save the pies for the very end. Making a save once the Night's Domain map is unlocked is the best way to get the Pie Ending, Adventure Ending, and Millionaire Ending in one go. Credit goes to Dipsy for this information.
Assignments and Stars:
At the end of each assignment, you are given a score ranging from 1 to 3 big stars: 1 being the lowest (thus failing), and 3 being the highest (exceeding expectations) for each given assignment by Sterk. You can get a total of 10 small (gold) stars during the assignment, which in terms equals 3 big (gold) stars at the end of the assignment. Do not worry about the red stars, as those are not important to completing the actual assignment and do not need to be fulfilled.
Assignments are priority one, and should be completed within the first few days or during the first week given. This way you can use the rest of the time to explore areas and complete requests from Esty to increase Town Popularity.
Also be sure to complete each Bingo board as best as you can, but avoid the harder tasks unless you have time. Otherwise you will just waste time when you could easily use it towards something else.
The following accessories/decorations which are a must for Step 2:
- Victory Charm - Pick up better quality materials after battles -> available at Esty’s Item Exchange
- Goddess Statue - Allows you to raise your Town Popularity faster after requests
- Bunny Tail - Pickup / Obtain better Quality materials -> available at Esty’s Item Exchange
- Harvest Gloves - Allows for more items to appear during pickup
- Stylish Cauldron - Makes synthesis items better and cut materials usage in 1/2
- Secret Bag - Allows you to transfer items from your container to your bag, whenever you need to
- Marinizer - Allows you to breathe underwater longer
- Spring Cup - Makes the best Quality Water
- Blessed Coin - Gear / Items deteriorate slower
- Traveler’s Shoes - decreases all days traveled by 1.
In order to make the Traveler’s Shoes, it requires a World Spirit.
World Spirits locations:
- One World Spirit is located on the Bingo Board during Assignment # 9
- In the Machina Domain during Overtime
- In the Abyssal Tower during Overtime - 4th floor
To set a decoration in your workshop, simply go to the diary and select [Decorate] to remove the item from your bag and place it in your workshop. Once it is in your workshop, the effect will last forever.
How Quality/ Friendship points with Esty work in Plus:
Quality of an item: S Rank items boost Friendship Points by 7 pts - A Rank by 5 pts - B Rank by 3 pts - C-E Rank by 2 pts.
Once you have reached 60 friendship with any character, be sure and swap them out with someone else, as 60 is the limit in the Plus version of Atelier Rorona while adventuring. To go past the 60 mark, you will have to complete additional Friend Requests given by Esty to raise them higher.
The only character which may require a bit more effort is Tantris, his needs to be at 80 minimum to unlock an event, thus triggering his flag; besides that, every other character flag can be triggered at the 60 Friendship mark so long as you have met the requirements.
Tip: If you are having to play through the game again via New Game + (like I did), just sell everything except for the gear your party is already wearing. That means every single ingredient (item) which is in your Container and Basket must be sold. If you have time, I would suggest getting the best gear possible before starting New Game +. Be sure to then equip it to that respective party member, then proceed to whatever ending you decide. When you start up your New Game + save file, you will have that gear equipped from the get-go plus all the Cole which you earned from your sold goods.
Remember to synthesize any material to the highest quality, then wholesale it if possible. My advice is to familiarize yourself with what each character will ask for, before requesting it.
Refer to the Friendship Between Party Members post for more information on what to wholesale for requests and how go about raising each characters Friendship.
Step 2) New Game + (optional)|Character Ending Clean Ups
New Game + is entirely optional as it is mainly for cleaning up any other characters ending you did not get during Step # 1. You will still have to make everything (or gather) for requests until the wholesale option appears during assignment 6. The good thing about New Game + is that all your Cole (money) and all the decorations you made during Step # 1 transfers over.
Characters and when you obtain them:
- Rorona - available from the start
- Iskel - available after the tutorial
- Cordelia - available after the tutorial
- Sterk - available after assignment 2
- Lionela - available during assignment 4
- Tantris - available during assignment 5
- Gio - available during assignment 8
- Astrid - available after assignment 9
Esty is available for hire after you complete 2 of her requests, but is not needed since her ending is completely separate from the other characters (aka Astrid's Ending).
Step 3) Overtime Mode and Platinum
Overtime Mode grants you an additional year to go and explore the remaining dungeons, if you haven’t already. However, you will need to find the proper ingredients to make the Dragon Hourglass within a years time to send Tortori and Meruru back home. Lucky for us that the Overtime Dungeons provide excellent resources for making the Hourglass.
You will also need to make the best weapons/armor for Rorona and her friends as the enemies in the Overtime dungeons are extremely powerful. Be sure and use Tortori and Meruru in battle, as they are very powerful considering their abilities and able to use items.
For more information on what to do during Overtime, refer to the Overtime Mode FAQ post.
[PST Would Like to Thank x410xDragon for this Roadmap]