Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10 (personal estimate) (Platinum Difficulty Thread)
Offline: 51 (42 5 3 1 )
Approximate amount of time to platinum: ~20 hours
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2+
Missable trophies: 1 (Max Anarchy)
Do cheat codes disable trophies? No cheats
Does difficulty affect trophies? Yes, must beat the game on hard
There are 2 ways to approach this game. If you're very confident in your skills, you can throw yourself in on Hard on your first playthrough for a net of 2.5 playthroughs (Hard>Normal>cleanup). If you prefer to ease yourself into the controls first, you can start on Normal for a net of 3.5 playthroughs (Normal>Hard>Easy>cleanup). Hard mode can be quite tricky though, so it depends how well you deal with 3d action games on higher difficulties.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Notation for missions is 1-1 for story mission 1 in level 1, 1-1x for free mission 1 in level 1. All enemy/boss kill trophies are cumulative across playthroughs, can be earned in Stage Select, and stats are saved even if you die.
General tips for Hard mode:
You're going to want to play very defensively. Bosses warp around very quickly, and their attack strings will break your guard very easily, so roll around a lot. If you get caught in 1 launch combo, you're probably dead. A few boss strategies that will prove helpful:
- Learn when to use your 360 attack! It's activated with +, and interrupts an enemy's ground string with an invincible attack at the cost of a little life. You can't use it in the air, and if you use it too early, the computer will back off and then punish you, so don't abuse it.
- If they're standing near you and blocking, then you can string a few attacks and end with a throw, which will almost always connect. If they escape the throw, back off and wait for another chance.
- Any time you are launched and they do not follow up with a combo, make sure you tech off the ground with , or else they can continue hitting you after you hit the ground.
- If you learn their attack patterns well, try to roll past the last hit in their string and use a single attack, which is a launcher. This sets you up for one of 2 combos:
- 1. > (delay) > > (wait)> > + (trickier because the first tends to knock them out of range depending on position)
- 2. > + (safer)
- If you can't seem to connect this, you can just use > + on the ground, but you risk them interrupting you with a 360 attack.
- Try to farm items before tougher boss fights like the 2v2 battles in White Side missions 1-3 and 3-1. Any extra damage you can get is extremely helpful.
- In Black Side mission 2-1, you may find that you get killed while on the gatling gun. If you start this mission with a stealth item, you should be able to safely shoot all the Gargoyles down without dying. (tip from Mitsuru Kirijo)
- Against normal mutant enemies or Cthulhu, + is a very damaging combo. If you're in Rampage mode, do + instead.
Play the tutorial. This earns you:
Anarchy Training Complete
Start your first run. If you choose to start on Hard, make sure you start on Black Side. If you start on Normal, it does not matter which side you start on. Try to do every free mission as well. Aim to kill every boss NPC with either Rampage attacks or Killer Weapon attacks (both if possible, but no need to worry which one you kill which boss with yet) - and keep a log of which was killed with what. After this story mode run you should have:
(if you started on normal)
Pub Crawl Anarchy
Anarchy Coast Guard
Filling Dark Souls with Anarchy
The Rude Sandstorm of Anarchy
Defending Coastal Anarchy
Bright Side of Anarchy
Sandstorm of Anarchy
Ending Anarchy is Endless (if you started on Black Side)
Dead Anarchy (if you started on White Side)
(if you started on hard)
Knockdown, Drag Out Anarchy
Anarchy in the Navy
Shining a Light on Anarchy
Anarchy in the Dunes
Broken Bottles of Anarchy
All of the Lights of Anarchy
Bari Shur Loves Anarchy
Anarchy Reigns is an Oxymoron (if you started on Black Side)
Mad Anarchy (if you started on White Side)
Chasing Anarchy (if you started on Black Side and finished all free missions)
Elite Force of Anarchy (if you started on White Side and finished all free missions)
Start a second playthrough on the other side. If you did your first on Normal, do this one on Hard. If you did your first on Hard, do this on Normal, and try not to die at all. If you managed to make it through Hard on your first run, you should breeze through this run (but try to avoid White Side 2-2x if you can). Looking at your boss kill list from Step 2, now try to fill in the other side. If you killed a boss with Rampage, now aim to do it with Killer Weapon attacks, and vice versa. This earns the other set of difficulty trophies, and the trophy for beating the game on the other side. If this is a Normal run and you managed to not die (manually save often, and if you die randomly, pause, return to menu, and then reload your last save - this may not work if you die during a mission where you only have 1 life though), you will get:
Step 3b (optional depending on your playthroughs):
If you did your second run on Hard, then now start a third playthrough on Easy. You will definitely breeze through this one. If you didn't get Max Anarchy in the previous step, you will try to get it here. You don't need to bother with much strategy against bosses in Easy, but do try to keep your Rampage gauge ready for any mistakes.
Now enter stage select to finish up the Campaign mode trophies. As you choose between Normal/Hard, you'll notice missing medals in Stage 4-3 and Red Side on one side in each difficulty. Finish these missing missions to earn the other side's Campaign mode trophies. If there are any other missing medals for free missions, fill them in for those trophies if you didn't get them already.
Also using stage select, fill in the boss kills with Rampage/Killer Weapon. If you notice any holes in your kill list, go fight them on easy to make it faster. This will get you:
Burnt Out Anarchy
Mop up. Use stage select to fill in any remaining enemy kill trophies or the 2 trophies for boss kills within 5 minutes if you didn't get them already. You'll probably still need grab escapes as well, so choose an appropriate level for it to grind it out.
That's it, platinum get!
[PS3T Would Like to Thank Akari for this Roadmap]