Banner by kinjall
If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 (Platinum Difficulty Poll)
- Offline trophies: 45 (32, 10, 2, 1)
- Online trophies: None
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 15 hours with text skip, 30 without (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: None, all fragments are replayable
- Glitched trophies: None known
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: N/A
From the mind of Kotaro Uchikoshi, perhaps best known for his work on the Infinity and Zero Escape series, comes a new IP that thrusts you into a technologically advanced future in Tokyo and with a grisly murder to solve. You must use your A-eye partner Aiba and Psyncing, a gameplay mechanic which allows you into the mind of suspects and witnesses to solve abstract puzzles and bring the criminal to justice.
If you've delved into the Zero Escape series the structure of the game will be familar to you. The bulk of the game is in a semi-visual novel format, with some light investigation and conversations with the people around you included. As mentioned, the puzzle sections of the game are very abstract and may take a little bit to wrap your head around, if you don't use walkthroughs of course! Also similar to the Zero Escape series are branching paths that each reveal different information, occasionally causing you to be locked out of a particular path until you gain information from a different one. Like those games, there is a flowchart that makes navigation a lot simpler and minimises replays.
Like a lot of visual novel/adventure games, your experience in getting the plat difficulty and time wise depends on whether you follow a walkthrough or not, plus if you text skip or not. I'd suggest going in blind and playing through the game on your own as it's a good one then coming back and cleaning up the trophies since nothing is missable and the scene selection is very generous. We're here for you though if you want help getting through the game without any trial and error!
Finally, it should be noted that some of the trophy descriptions contain spoilers, so continuing reading at your own risk!
Step 1- Complete the game, following all the paths until the true ending.
Simple as that, really. The structure of the game means you can play through at your leisure, going through the story in any order you want. I'd suggest exhausting all conversations with everybody in the game if you weren't planning on already for Appendix Analyst . As mentioned, you may end up running into story locks so you'll have to go back after completing other paths, though you won't be replaying much as you can jump straight back to where you were blocked after finishing the correct ending.
In the Somniums, you'll have to find one Hidden Object shaped like an eye in each for Dream Documentation Duty: CEO , and finish each with at least one second to spare for Dream Album Analyst . Some Somniums will also have other tasks for trophies, these and the Hidden Objects will be covered in the walkthroughs below, but if you're playing blind and miss any none of them will take more than five minutes each to get. There are also some trophies in the adventure sections of the game, but just like the Somniums, due to the generous checkpoint feature in the game you're never more than 5 minutes away from getting any misc trophy that you missed.
The story-related trophies that you'll earn in this step are as follows:
- BRaiN: Memories Hidden in Dreams
- PaiN: Mother, Blood, and Secrets
- VaiN: Disassociated Persona
- SWaiN: My Hero
- SUSTaiN: Indelible Memories
- CAPTaiN: Bonds Revealed
- CURTaiN: The Other Side of the Black Curtain
- REFRaiN: Echoes of Murder
- VILLaiN: Evasive Memory
- MaiN1: Antinomic Conflict
- MaiN2: The Eternal Ceremony
- MOUNTaiN: Corpse Flower
- CHaiN: % s ! n k
- Ota Route: END
- Mizuki Route: END
- Annihilation Route: END
- Iris Route: END
- Resolution Route: END
- Persons Analyst
- Cooler Heads Prevail
Step 2- Clean Up
Once you've completed the game, you'll probably have a few trophies left unless you were thorough. As mentioned before, it's really easy to jump to any scene in the game to clean up the trophies you've missed. The only one that might be a pain if you didn't get it earlier is Appendix Analyst , if you missed this you may need to run through some of the game again and fully exhaust every possible conversation until that trophy pops. If you didn't use a walkthrough before, you'll probably need to replay some Somniums with time to spare or find some Hidden Objects for Dream Album Analyst too, you can see which Somniums you need to revisit in the Album. If you got the plat for the game, congrats!
The miscellaneous trophies are as follows:
- Dream Documentation Duty: Intern
- Dream Documentation Duty: Manager
- Dream Documentation Duty: CEO
- Date's Atami Date Route: END
- "The Secret Lives of Yakuza Wives"
- "The Congressman's Secretary's Warm Reception"
- "H***y Housewives In H***"
- "MUSCLES GALORE! Men's Gymnastics Routines"
- "The Erotic Legend of Atlantis"
- Interrogation: Implicate Iris
- Interrogation: Implicate Ota
- Interrogation: Implicate So
- Interrogation: Implicate Hitomi
- Appendix Analyst
- Dream Album Analyst
- Boss Mania
- I Wish Mine Were That Glorious
- Your Name?
- Surprisingly Good Together
- The Dream Wanderer
- Protect Your Head
- Crazy Awful Customers