- Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Trophy Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 15 (13, 1, 1)
- Online trophies: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 100%: 5-10hrs but this is highly skill dependent (Estimated Time to 100%)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
- Number of missable trophies: None because all levels are replayable.
- Glitched trophies: No specific trophies are glitched but there is a potential issue, see here for details: LINK
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulty settings
- Do trophies stack?: Yes
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available
Introduction and Controls:
Aaru's Awakening is a hand-drawn, fast-paced, 2D action platformer. The game puts players in charge of Aaru, a mythical creature with two unique abilities; teleportation and charging. There are 4 domains (worlds) in the game: day, dusk, night and dawn. Each domain consists of 5 levels, the final level being a boss. You will unlock the boss level after completing the other 4 levels so there is a total of 20 levels across 4 domains as well as 3 tutorial levels. The first domain you will unlock is the day domain after completing 3 tutorial levels.
All trophies in this game are of 2 types:
- Achieving a certain class of medals on every level in a particular domain, e.g. earning Bronze medals on every level in the day domain will unlock the Day Bronze trophy. There are 12 trophies of this type
- Achieving a certain class of medals on every level of every domain, i.e. on every level in the game. For instance, earning a Bronze medal on every level of every domain will unlock the World Bronze trophy. There are 3 trophies of this type (World Bronze, World Silver and Champion of Dawn). These will be the last trophies you unlock
Each level has 3 medals: Bronze, Silver and Gold. You are awarded a bronze medal simply for completing a level but Silver and Gold have timed requirements. The Trophies stack so achieving Gold medals in every level on a particular domain will unlock the trophies for achieving bronze and silver medals on that domain too. The Time taken to achieve 100% will be heavily skill dependent. In the Trophy Guide you will find a video walkthrough for each level, which shows you how to complete every level within the required time frame. Alternatively, you can use the following playlist which contains walkthroughs for every level: LINK
Controls: I have included this section here in case you find the control scheme to be confusing or ambiguous. By default the controls for the game are as follows:
- - Jumping and charging. To jump, Aaru must be on some sort of ground/platform. Charging is essentially a fast dash. To charge, you must be mid-air, for instance, pressing after jumping will cause Aaru to charge.
- - Firing Aaru's orb. This will cause Aaru to fire an orb in the direction of the pointer (see ). Holding will cause Aaru to fire an orb with less force.
- - Teleporting. This will cause Aaru to teleport to the position of the orb. The synergy of firing the orb and teleporting ( and ) is central to the game.
- - Movement. This is used for controlling Aaru's position (while mid-air too).
- - Aiming. This will control a pointer and Aaru's orbs will be fired in the direction of the pointer.
Step 1: Complete the story, achieving a Gold medal on every level
To earn 100% of the trophies in this game, all you are required to do is achieve a gold medal on every level, with the exception of the 3 tutorial levels. All levels are replayable, so there are many different routes to 100%. However, after completing a level for the first time, I advise you to go for the Gold medal straight away (assuming you didn't get the gold medal on your first attempt), this is because you will be familiar with the layout of the level. This will also be good practise for subsequent levels, which will be harder. While some areas of the game are indeed challenging and even frustrating, the gold medal time requirements are very lenient and you are not required to complete flawless speedruns to achieve gold medals. Practise and perseverance is the key.
[PST Would Like To Thank Jiwan01 for this Roadmap]