- Estimated trophy difficulty: 6/10 (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
- Offline trophies: 0 (online only)
- Online trophies: 34 (14, 15, 4, 1)
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 100+ hours (Estimated Time to Platinum)
- Minimum number of playthroughs: Multiple games
- Number of missable trophies: None
- Glitched trophies: Yes, 1 - possibly Slam Dunk!
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
- Do trophies stack?: Yes, there are EU, NA, Asia, JP and China stacks but do note that the Chinese version was delisted a long time ago so is no longer available.
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
3on3 Freestyle is very similar to NBA Street. With two modes (1 on 1, and 3 on 3), the choice of characters and the skills that come with them will definitely remind players of the previous games. Although it is online only, it is a free-to-play game. Even though it has micro-transactions, none are required (nor do they give you an advantage). In this game, you upgrade the character of your choice using xp drinks to level up each and every characteristic in order to improve your game. There are no trick shots, no advantages that aren't earned, and no "pay to play".
This game is a grind. The 100+ hours doesn't do it justice. Even if you won all 350 required matches across modes back-to-back, you would still have to grind out 50+ hours to get the rest of the xp required to get to level 30. Don't let that discourage you. This game is fun if you are into basketball games. In the walkthrough below, feel free to switch steps 1 and 2. I put them in that order because 3 on 3 is the longest and since you are grinding it out anyways, most trophies can be earned there thus it will make 1 on 1 mode much easier.
- When buying xp drinks for levelling up characters, only buy "Large" ones. There is no discount for buying in bulk, so just buy them as you need them.
- If you can, log in daily even if you can't play. Each day you either get 1,000 credits and an FS Log, or a medium xp drink and FS Log.
- Only focus on levelling up 3 characters. One either Center or Power Forward, and the other two can be two of a Shooting Guard, Point Guard, or Small Forward.
- If your game freezes during tip-off, don't quit. If you wait it out long enough, and someone from the other team quits first, it counts as a win.
- When going for 10 wins in a row, find two decent partners to attempt it with you. There's nothing more annoying than hitting 9 wins then ending up on the worst team ever.
- Don't be a ball-hog. Make sure you pass to whoever's open, always attempt the rebound, steal when you can, and don't force bad shots when the defence is up in your face.
Step 1: 3 on 3 Mode
During this step, you will be knocking out a majority of the trophies. In 3-on-3 mode, you will be picking the best player you have in order to win each game. The goal is to eventually get to 300 wins in this mode while earning trophies throughout by either scoring, helping others score, or playing some serious defence. There are quite a few trophies in this mode that are a grind. During this step you will earn:
To Be Continued? 9,8,7…
Joey to the world!!
C'mon, Say My Name
3on3 FreeStyle 101
Ain't using no Hack Tools
I don’t Hangout
Time to use the "Share" Button
Volleyball background, yo!
Don’t Lose it
Get out of my kitchen!
My wife is not around
Lord of the Rim
Thank you for losing
Impossible is Nothing, Really?
Join E-Sports Team Now!
Master of 3on3 FreeStyle
Man of the Year
Step 2: 1 on 1 Mode
In this step, you pick one character you want to play as while selecting two others that will fill out your team with AI. By now, you should have at least 3 characters levelled up. If you read the tips from earlier they should be at different positions. I would recommend at least one center levelled up, the other two can be of your choosing. If you have a solid 3-star/4-star team, it shouldn't be a problem completing this step due to the fact that most people you play will only have one good character. During this step you will earn:
Leave me alone
No Dribble, No Dunk, just 3PT
The King of the Street
Step 3: Clean-up
By now you should have earned all of the trophies. If not, I recommend grinding the rest out in 3 on 3 mode as it gives you the most credits and xp. During this step you will earn any remaining trophies as well as:
Hall of Fame