Rate the Trophy Difficulty...  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Trophy Difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_rating_na.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 0.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with 7. A bit harder than Ultra, but not that much. And also way more annoying thank to easy instadeaths.

Flying part is now easier, but platforming is a bit hard... Mastering all those "tricks" like spamming teleport button instead of relying on timing/position.

8. So taxing retrying levels for an hour or more to get perfects. Like someone else said, flying is a little easier, but the insta-deaths in the platforming sections are so annoying. Level 47 in particular has way too many chances to die and have to start the 7 minute level all over.

I will be very happy once i get the plat on this, though, as ypu cant cheat your way to it.

And, i look forward to future dlc on top of the critical urgency pack. I hope they are more than just speed runs though.

I'd say 7-8 as well. Voted 8, because these games simply take insane levels of precision, which takes a lot of work. That the game rarely gets frustrating or boring is a testament to the brilliant design, I think.

Some bits are indeed harder than Ultra, but there's one major piece of this game that makes it a bit easier than Ultra: the gold medal timing on the critical urgency zones. In Ultra, the time requirements for CU zones were set to the exact amount of time it would take to complete the level with the boost button engaged throughout, so you could never let go of boost if you wanted the perfect rating. However, in 2X, most levels allow to you to let go of boost for a split second if you need (for example, on those pesky gate locks where you need to throw bombs in multiple directions with speed and precision) and make up the time in the platforming sections with some teledashing. This made for fewer frustrating retries for me on those zones when bomb placement was a hair off.

Edited by Salfordladd

Voted halfway, wasn't really hard (ultra was worse), but it was patience consuming to not give up until you perfect a level. I could have done it quicker (2 days instead of 4) if I had more patience for keep playing the game after I got a perfect (perfected one stage and quit). If you ask me, the game was awful compared to Ultra. Glad I didn't had to pay for it.

And oh, the story... another garbage... but there is a way for a third game in the way the ending looks.

I've gone with a 7. Perfecting around 45 of the levels was easily done once you learned the levels and got a little bit better at the game which will come naturally, however a couple of the levels were a bit trickier (47 most notably) and required patience and persistence.

Still, I never felt any of the levels were impossible to perfect, and knew that I could do it, and it was always my fault if I messed up, and never the games fault.

I really enjoyed Velocity 2X, and have 100%'ed both of the DLC packs, and have also started playing Velocity Ultra now!

Edited by BOT Brad