The Tyranny of King Washington: The Betrayal - 100% Sync Guide

Well, I've just finished the second episode and thought I might share my strategies on how to attain the 100% synch.

Please don't hit me, Darth_Krid! :eek:

Suggestions, corrections etc. are of course welcome.

The Tyranny of King Washington: The Betrayal 100% Synch Guide

Sequence 1: Prison Break

Kill 3 guards undetected.

[spoiler=1]This one's a piece of cake. The optional objective appears when you have to cross the prison hall. There's quite a few guards – most of them are in pairs. However, there are three hay carts with a solitary guard conveniently placed next to each. Use your Wolf Cloak ability to approach the carts, hide in the hay and stealth assassinate them using :square:. You may want to take out the first one rather quickly, though, since otherwise your buddy Kanen'tó:kon is likely to kill him.

Seqence 2: Sky World Journey

Save all the eggs.

[spoiler=2]Easy as well. You're going to be attacked by a pair of feline predators thrice. Don't screw up any of the QTEs and you're sorted.

Chain 3 Eagle Flights, twice.

[spoiler=3]With your new spirit ability equipped, you can fly short distances by pressing :triangle: when your reticule assumes wing shape. You can chain your flights by looking at the object you want to fly to (so the winged reticule appears) and pressing :triangle: before landing on your current destination.

Avoid all obstacles.

[spoiler=4]This one might take few tries, as the controls are a bit stiff here. Nevertheless, as long as you use the other eagle spirit that will join you in the same way as a ghost car in a racing game it shouldn't be too difficult. Once the somewhat annoying slalom part between rock columns that come out of the ground starts, you're almost there.

Sequence 3: Dive Bomb

Kill all guards while remaining undetected. / Perform 3 Eagle Assassinations in the warehouse.

[spoiler=5]I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but I found the optional objectives easiest by first using the Wolf Cloak to sneak up on the nearest guard and stabbing him, then switching to Eagle Flight to get up in the rafters and traverse them unseen. Another enemy can be taken out from a hay cart (yet again), which left me with three guards and the second optional objective, the three Eagle Assassinations. I used the rafters to get close enough to the guard at the far end of the warehouse to use the Eagle Assassination and then did pretty much the same with the remaining two guards.

Use Eagle Assassination to kill Franklin.

[spoiler=6]Keep pressing :triangle: and fly from chimney to chimney in order to reduce distance to Franklin until you get close enough to use Eagle Assassination. During this part the Frequent Flyer trophy will most likely unlock.

Sequence 4: Consequences

no optional objectives

Sequence 5: Return to Sender

Capture 2 of the opponent's pieces.

[spoiler=7]In order to blend in at the tavern to eavesdrop on the bluecoats' conversation, you're going to challenge a guy at Draughts. Just capture two of his pieces by hopping over them with one of your pieces. It's a walk in the park – especially after all the nasty games you had to play during the main game.

Kill both sentinels before Franklin and Putnam arrive.

[spoiler=8]Again, you'll mainly have to rely on Eagle Flight to reach both guards in time. Wolf Cloak does come in handy, too, when dealing with the sentinel you're going to face at first, though (so it might be advisable to have hotkeys for both abilities assigned to your D-pad).

I killed the first one by flying past him, donning Wolf Cloak and assassinating him, then jumping off the ship with Eagle Flight selected (thus the winged reticule becomes available mid-jump) and flying across the water. I landed right behind the second guard and had a single second to spare when I had killed him, so there might be a slightly more efficient tack.

Edited by Darth Mader
fine-tuned posting

Sequence 6: Man of Mettle

Steal the horse undetected.

[spoiler=9]First off you want to lure the watch dog away with some meat bait, then slip past the guard (or kill both the guard and the dog) using the Wolf Cloak. Once inside the fortress hide in the shrubbery on the left hand side and wait for your health to fill up again. The horse you're looking for is in the far left corner of the yard. Just to be safe you may thin out the bluecoats' ranks by hiding in tall grass, Wolf Cloak and excessive use of your hidden blades before trying to steal the horse.

Sequence 7: Pieces in Motion

Use 3 contextual attacks during the bar fight.

[spoiler=10]Wait for an enemy to start attacking you (when the red triangle shows up over his head), block by pressing :circle: and attack them with :square: (I don't know if :x: works as well). Repeat twice.

Remain undetected during the investigation.

[spoiler=11]Employ the same tactics as in sequence 5: lure the watch dog with meat bait, then use Wolf Cloak to get to the house with the stairs. Regain health in the tall grass, head up the stairs using your cloak, turn right and kill the guard. Two other guards will come up, kill them and then jump over the battlements into the hay cart. Kill the guard with the lamp and, while still cloaked, equip some more bait. Lure away the second dog, regain health in the tall grass and use your Eagle Vision to spot the clues. Don the cloak once more, analyse both clues (bloody uniform and tomahawk) and continue the cloak-and-grass technique with some occasional bait for the dogs to reach the green circle on your map.

Sequence 8: Aquila Unchained

Remain undetected while stealing the uniform.

[spoiler=12]Follow the bluecoat around the first corner in your Wolf Cloak and subdue him. There are two guards on the left who'll investigate the k.o.ed soldier. Quickly give them a taste of your hidden blade before you're forced to shed your cloak. Pick up the bluecoat and carry him back to Franklin more or less undisturbedly. This shouldn't even take a minute.

Use an Animal Power to kill a guard menacing Franklin. / Remain undetected while protecting Franklin.

[spoiler=13]This can easily be done with either Wolf Cloak or Eagle Flight, or, most elegantly, using a combination of both. It's up to you and really easy, both rooftops and hay carts keep you out of sight without any major problems. Just remember to take out at least one of the guards mouthing off at Franklin with Eagle Assassination or while cloaked.

Sequence 9: Escape to New York

Save all crew members.

[spoiler=14]When Faulkner's newly assembled crew is swimming towards the Aquila you have to stop the bluecoats from killing any of the sailors. Therefore you need pay more attention to the lesser enemies carrying muskets instead of the tougher axe wielding ones you'd usually take out first. You can reduce their numbers at the beginning of each wave by shooting the powder kegs and of course you can call the wolf pack by pressing :l2:, which may help you out at some point.

Kill Putnam using an animal power.

[spoiler=15]Yeah, just that. Eagle Assassinate the guy and unlock the hidden Blindsided trophy, as well. Congratulations, you've completed the episode! Now go finish the remaining citizen's missions in order to get The New Tea Party as well.

Edited by Darth Mader
fine-tuned posting

Well, I've just finished the second episode and thought I might share my strategies on how to attain the 100% synch.

Please don't hit me, Darth_Krid! :eek:

Know your place, Darth! There's only room one Emperor around here http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sw022.gif

Only kidding, this guide is excellent and saves me a job :applause:

Just one thing, there's actually 9 sequences in this DLC. You've missed out Sequence 4: "Consequences" (the one where you fight a certain character within the animus). I only found out it was its own sequence when I checked the DNA Tracker, as the game doesn't actually tell you it's a sequence of its own. So you need to adjust your current sequences 4-8 to 5-9.

Great guide anyway mate, I ended up using it during "Pieces In Motion" (Sequence 7) as I kept getting discovered during the investigation :mad:

suggestion for discovering clues without detected

the bait dogs and kill it is what i did but u can call ur wolves with l2 cloak right after and run away as far as you can. u can disband ur wolves when u are at u new hiding place. the reason of running away to other hiding place is cause usually guards discover u when u stay at same place. but when u run away 1 wolf out of 3 is surely gonna kill 1 soldier. keep repeating that. i failed a few times and had to press restart checkpoint but with using that tactic i killed every soldier that was alive in 15 min so then i only had to walk around and investigate lol. i didnt kill the furtest soldier but that isnt nessecary as when you cloak and talk to the person (last part) the mission will end

ps: also there is a red area a fort actually u can entirely skip by going left of it

Edited by Hogger

I don't know if this was noticed, but I found a place to get all the caravans, wolf attacks and save the citizens quickly. I attachd a Pic to the post here (I hope it shows up properly I never posted a pic before) In the Pic, the red circle is a large chest you need to pick. I set my waypoint to that chest, then depending on which side I try to approach the chest, the green diamond is where the caravans will continuously respawn, the blue diamond is where the wolf attacks respawn, and the gray diamond is where the save the citizen respawns. when I approach the chest from where he caravan was, the oter two respawn, and vice versa.

I hope this helps toward someone's 100%

Sequence 7: Pieces in Motion - Remain undetected during the investigation.

I don’t know about you guys, but this mission took me the longest – and I include the entire AC3 Game + DLC. About 25 attempts.

I basically replayed this sequence and had zero bait. My only option was to lure the guard dogs using cloak, wait for the dog to run towards me, press L2 to activate the Wolfs, kill the dog, activate Clock, run to nearest tall grass point. I had to rinse and repeat this process 3 times during the mission.

There was a moment where I had to do an Eagle + Cloak combo too.

I even tried posioning the dogs but as soon as the first dog died I was detected.

Put simply, without the Bait this mission is very challenging.

Thank god this mission is over!

Sequence 7: Pieces in Motion - Remain undetected during the investigation.

I don’t know about you guys, but this mission took me the longest – and I include the entire AC3 Game + DLC. About 25 attempts.

I basically replayed this sequence and had zero bait. My only option was to lure the guard dogs using cloak, wait for the dog to run towards me, press L2 to activate the Wolfs, kill the dog, activate Clock, run to nearest tall grass point. I had to rinse and repeat this process 3 times during the mission.

There was a moment where I had to do an Eagle + Cloak combo too.

I even tried posioning the dogs but as soon as the first dog died I was detected.

Put simply, without the Bait this mission is very challenging.

Thank god this mission is over!

I hear ya mate! What a pain in the ass. Yeah I'm thinking it took me about 25-30 attempts for this. As bad as The Storm and the Giant for the 100% sync. So happy it's over with!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
I don't know if this was noticed, but I found a place to get all the caravans, wolf attacks and save the citizens quickly. I attachd a Pic to the post here (I hope it shows up properly I never posted a pic before) In the Pic, the red circle is a large chest you need to pick. I set my waypoint to that chest, then depending on which side I try to approach the chest, the green diamond is where the caravans will continuously respawn, the blue diamond is where the wolf attacks respawn, and the gray diamond is where the save the citizen respawns. when I approach the chest from where he caravan was, the oter two respawn, and vice versa.

I hope this helps toward someone's 100%

Thanks! This picture really helped.

• 3 months later...

For Use 3 contextual attacks during the bar fight you may want to make it clear you need to be near an object for it to perform a contextual attack.

I stayed in the middle of the room initially to make sure I had plenty of room to manoeuvre and ended up missing the objective due to being too far from the objects Connor would smash the guards against.

• 1 year later...
For Use 3 contextual attacks during the bar fight you may want to make it clear you need to be near an object for it to perform a contextual attack.

I stayed in the middle of the room initially to make sure I had plenty of room to manoeuvre and ended up missing the objective due to being too far from the objects Connor would smash the guards against.

Was wondering what I was doing wrong, I thought you just had to counter in general.