BlazBlue 1.04 patch. CS2 is finally here!

They got rid of 2 of Litchi's most important links. Thankfully she's still pretty effective if you know how to use her. Just got to find a few work-arounds. I didn't notice any significant changes with the other characters I tend to use (Bang, Lambda, and Hakumen) although I'm not super familiar with all of their move-sets.

They got rid of 2 of Litchi's most important links. Thankfully she's still pretty effective if you know how to use her. Just got to find a few work-arounds. I didn't notice any significant changes with the other characters I tend to use (Bang, Lambda, and Hakumen) although I'm not super familiar with all of their move-sets.

A big notice of mine is two of Hakumen's moves got reassigned. His Lotus used to be 214B and is now 236B. Mugen is now 214214B instead of 214214D. Yukikaze doesn't waste tension unless your opponent strikes when the counter-frames are active. If you use Yukikaze and they don't strike, Hakumen merely does his counter animation but the shield thing that appears is a lot bigger and colored red.

Those are changes I've noticed from his actual moves. His challenges also got revamped and offer a bit more combo's and not just his j.C to wall bounce. I can't say for certain but I bet his 10th challenge is now a lot easier. Instead of varying attacks and what-not, you Mugen and loop attacks until it runs out.

It's going to take me a while to get used to the change to Lotus. I swear by that attack and having it be 214 instead of 236 just felt so right.

Edited by Kheapathic

mu got nice upgrades aside from her losing her overpowered FC combo. Shame; I used it to punish noel spammers and that's it since it can't really be used anywhere else. However it's fine because it was overpowered lol 7K no meter :3.

edit: actually in time of writing I found a similar FC.

(has to be near corner but not in corner)

FC 6C > 63214C > 2B > 2C > j.2C > 2B > 5C > 2C > jump > j.5C > x3. 5.7K. If the opponent falls for throws replace final j.5C > J.2C with j.5C> jump > grab for 7.6K

A big notice of mine is two of Hakumen's moves got reassigned. His Lotus used to be 214B and is now 236B. Mugen is now 214214B instead of 214214D. Yukikaze doesn't waste tension unless your opponent strikes when the counter-frames are active. If you use Yukikaze and they don't strike, Hakumen merely does his counter animation but the shield thing that appears is a lot bigger and colored red.

Those are changes I've noticed from his actual moves. His challenges also got revamped and offer a bit more combo's and not just his j.C to wall bounce. I can't say for certain but I bet his 10th challenge is now a lot easier. Instead of varying attacks and what-not, you Mugen and loop attacks until it runs out.

It's going to take me a while to get used to the change to Lotus. I swear by that attack and having it be 214 instead of 236 just felt so right.

I guess I got lucky that none of mu's move got rearranged. Another thing I realized is that her 3C is jump cancellable that means she can finally have at least a decent block string! (it's sad when just 3C changes everything)

Edited by ShatteredFoX

So my boy bought his ps3 over because he did the update I haven't yet because no internet atm and what they did to ragna with this update is a crime his berial edge is like useless now for whatever reason it doesn't seem to catch people anymore and his overall feel is strange too. Why couldn't we get platinum without the balance or what they call balance update and let use choose to update it or not BB isn't fun anymore. =/

So my boy bought his ps3 over because he did the update I haven't yet because no internet atm and what they did to ragna with this update is a crime his berial edge is like useless now for whatever reason it doesn't seem to catch people anymore and his overall feel is strange too. Why couldn't we get platinum without the balance or what they call balance update and let use choose to update it or not BB isn't fun anymore. =/

it still is fun. Just because a character lost a certain skill doesn't mean it's broken forever. It just seems like he sucks forever because you're trying to use the same skills you did before. Try out new stuff and try to find what works now. + remember; whatever happened to your character will never compare to what happen from Rachel CT to Rachel CS.

also you CAN choose. Go into options and you can change it to'1.00' '1.01' '1.02' or '1.03'

Is she possible Flavor of the Month material? I've still been running into a fair amount of Tager, Jin and Ragna.

old habits never die hard. The same as you won't see a lot of Tsubaki, Noel, and Rachel online for a while even thought they got buffs.

Also Score Attack is ALOT harder! Spent 2 hours trying to beat rachel. I would recommend reverting game to 1.02 for score attack trophy.

The challenges still the same and in the challanges screen it says v1.03

The first 5 are pretty much the same, the last 5 are not. Heres a comparison:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSkDRf1oUyk]YouTube - BBCS - Noel 6-10 Challenges (720p)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=229oj7ytizI]YouTube - BBCS2 Noel 6-10 Challenges (720p)[/ame]

Challenge thread will be updated soon, still downloading patch.

Relatively OK with changes - Tager is still garbage, want to switch mains even more now, but the chargable 6A helps with tech traps.

Agreed, Tager was one of my primaries in CT and this isn't any better. But Noel, wow forget anything I said about being bricked in the past.

Hakumen will take some time for me to get used to.

I noticed that Lambda was changed a little, her 6C doesn't cause a bounce off the wall unless it's at the edge of the screen (I think, but wasn't paying too much attention). However, they did make her grabs OP in my opinion, she can start her 6Dx2, 2Dx2, jDx2, jDx2, 214 (or was it 236?)D combo from a grab. (hell you can replace that last bit with 632146D for laughs)

Yall know the combo I'm talking about right? it's like almost every combo she ends with in most of her challenges before the patch. I'm sure it has a name or soemthing XD I like Lambda more now because of that :dance:

I'm wondering, what changes happened to Bang? I hate him so much

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

I noticed that Lambda was changed a little, her 6C doesn't cause a bounce off the wall unless it's at the edge of the screen (I think, but wasn't paying too much attention). However, they did make her grabs OP in my opinion, she can start her 6Dx2, 2Dx2, jDx2, jDx2, 214 (or was it 236?)D combo from a grab. (hell you can replace that last bit with 632146D for laughs)

Yall know the combo I'm talking about right? it's like almost every combo she ends with in most of her challenges before the patch. I'm sure it has a name or soemthing XD I like Lambda more now because of that :dance:

I'm wondering, what changes happened to Bang? I hate him so much

From memory, 5A has higher damage proration and Dragon Punch doesn't wall-bounce anymore. He still has really effective rushdown, it just does less damage.

And about Tager, he's relatively even in a lot of matchups. The problem is is that he's garbage against zoning characters to various degrees. Arakune and Hazama are extremely tough, and Lambda Mu-12 and Rachael are still bitches.

That and he does the least amount of damage in the game.

Edited by Elephantgun

Another nice change in Challenge Mode is that Bang announces when he's going to strike. I know very few characters outside Hakumen require a counter at the start of the Combo and originally Bang would just throw out his attack. Now he jumps (straight 8) and will strike when he lands. It's a nice addition, but I still prefer just to reset the challenge and know when he'll do it.

Some characters have their challenge modes (except 1 and 2) completely changed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E40WG0GJqpM&feature=related]YouTube - ‪BlazBlue CS2: Taokaka's Challenge Mode 3-6‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2yjWXYyDU&feature=related]YouTube - ‪BlazBlue CS2: Hazama's Challenge Mode 3-5‬‏[/ame]

Tsubaki's 22D no longer wall bounces... many tears were shed. Glad I spent time learning Tsubaki combos before CS2 dropped... only to have it drop and none of my setups no longer work /wrists Time to hit training mode I guess XD

Hsein-Ko :3 :3.

And yeah most people lost their wallbounce or midscreen game. It seems they tried to make blazblue a pressure/corner centric game. Since all the midscreen combos lack in comparison to corner and a lot of attacks help get opponents to corners. Makoto and Noel are two characters that can still destroy midscreen however.

Hsein-Ko :3 :3.

And yeah most people lost their wallbounce or midscreen game. It seems they tried to make blazblue a pressure/corner centric game. Since all the midscreen combos lack in comparison to corner and a lot of attacks help get opponents to corners. Makoto and Noel are two characters that can still destroy midscreen however.

Blazblue has always been a corner-game, now it's just a little moreso. Momentum is everything