Easiest way to grind points?

orobourous

Ok I have most badges, over 90% anyway, yet I'm only on level 11 and I need an "easy" way to grind out points.

I have all the Unit and Building badges, bar 1000 tribute carts.

I have most of the General badges, don't have gold treasure, princess or hoard...and I know I will never get gold all hoard levels.

I have all Treasure and Princess badges, bar gold a level without upgrading fire, anyone have any tips for this?

I have most of the Hoard badges, don't have the 5 and 6 minute ones.

I have most of the Multiplayer badges, for some reason a few won't pop for me. I did most of them offline and 2 controllers but I guess they need online, they are Weak Link, Follow My Lead, Lowest score on team and highest score respectively, and pacifist which is to gold without breathing fire.

So yeah, any tips to grind out points or those badges that I need? If you want any tips too that's cool, I freaking love this game but it's slowing down now I'm almost done.

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering the same thing. As far as I can tell it is to just play the 4 player princess map over and over.

I am at level 12 and have gotten most all the badges too. You get 1000 exp for each of the 3 badges earned for getting gold on all maps of each type, so in my opinion it is worthwhile to earn them.

Still, this seems to require many boring hours of grinding if there is not a quicker way.

• 1 year later...

the easiest and fastest way i found is to play in HOARD mode, on the 3rd (smallest) map called 'Castle and a Hard Place'.

the bronze (50 pt) medal is awarded after surviving only for 2 min.

after the round starts go to the bottom left corner and just sit there. knights won't be able to do you any damage. occasionally a mage tower may spawn but it can be easily quickly destroyed. as soon as the timer hits 2 min mark kill yourself. hit :circle: for retry. rinse and repeat.

an hour of this grind yields 1500 points (30x50points) versus 600 pts/hr in 4 player mode or 300 pts/hr in any other mode (without taking any possible badges into account)

it's boring as hell but effective ;)

• 2 years later...
the easiest and fastest way i found is to play in HOARD mode, on the 3rd (smallest) map called 'Castle and a Hard Place'.

after the round starts go to the bottom left corner and just sit there. knights won't be able to do you any damage. occasionally a mage tower may spawn but it can be easily quickly destroyed. as soon as the timer hits 2 min mark kill yourself. hit :circle: for retry. rinse and repeat.

an hour of this grind yields 1500 points (30x50points) versus 600 pts/hr in 4 player mode or 300 pts/hr in any other mode (without taking any possible badges into account)

Nice tip. Thx mate

holy shit, really? that is the best grinding method for this game? :eek: now i'm not so sure if these 2 golden trophies are even worth it

I would have to agree. Other game modes may yield more points for victory, but they take far longer.

The HOARD map where you get Bronze for surviving only 2 minutes seems like it will get you the most points, fastest.

• 7 years later...
On 8/17/2012 at 7:43 AM, AnnMaRou said:

9 years later, and I decided to do this grind. This method works really well. I had this up while I was working so I'd start the level, move to the corner and do some work. I'd look back every so often and restart the level. If you want to AFK it, it would certainly work best with a turbo controller. If you don't have a turbo controller, you can expect to pass the level about half the time since the location of the mage tower spawns are random. Of the last 34 runs I tracked, 20 of them passed which is about 59%. With more data, it could go down to 50% or go up to 66%. The level would end between 1 and 3 minutes. Occasionally lasting 4+ minutes, but the majority falling right around that 2 minute mark.

It really is boring as hell, but it works!