Rate the trophy difficulty...  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.88

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 2 weeks later...

Got the plat at last. I rate 5.

I've found the offline trophies to be very easy but some of them may prove a challenge for those who are new to the series. Unlike what I wrote in the guide, you'll need around 15 hours to get all the offline trophies.

The online ones are much more time-consuming. You'll need around 20 hours to get to Rank A. Getting 3 ranked wins in a row is not that hard since you can meet newbies but the lack of online players and the network errors make it harder than it should be.

All in all this plat is way easier than VT2009 but still very time-consuming.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted 5 as a difficulty too.

The offline ones are pretty straight forward, but the online ones are a real drag.

Be prepared to give up normal life for a week if you want Online Master....

And getting 4 MAX Serves in a row could cost you a controller or too.....

Good luck.

the game isnt hard to plat.

The only trophy that will maybe give you some trouble is 4 max serves in a row but with all the time you have to give to grind odds are it will come on its own.

Your looking at 2 playthroughs in single player and a bunch of boosting online but you dont have to actively do it.

20+ hours to plat seems about right and i gave the game a 7 difficulty just because there is a lot of grinding in this game.

the game isnt hard to plat.

The only trophy that will maybe give you some trouble is 4 max serves in a row but with all the time you have to give to grind odds are it will come on its own.

Your looking at 2 playthroughs in single player and a bunch of boosting online but you dont have to actively do it.

20+ hours to plat seems about right and i gave the game a 7 difficulty just because there is a lot of grinding in this game.

What about the Tycoon - earn 1million trophy? I finished the game twice in world tour mode and have boosted online and still way off! Little bit of a grind.

I think the MAX Serves is the most trouble for me :( Everyone seems to have gotten it without trying. I am one of the unlucky ones. Can get to 3 quite often, have gotten 4 twice, but it didnt count :( (think cos got a double fault with two of them).

Gave it a 5 just for that, quite frustrating. Rest is easy just takes time

U guys must be lucky to get the game for 20+ hours online. With the crappy netowrk disconnection and huge waste of times in being able to start matches , let alone getting to complete them and getting no xp for all this disconnection...means it has taken me many dozens of hours and am on rank B1 at present.

I would say 5 is a fair vote but time is hugely dependant on the network connection for the person...can make 35 hour plat into a 60,70,80 or more hours long plat.

Edit: Got plat now...want to break the game, throw it in garbage and send that garbage bin to the developers to make me endure the shittiest broken online i have ever played on ps3.

Edited by Dhiraj1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got the PLAT for this game just now.

Total damage:

82 hours and 40 mins of total gameplay. (I sometimes leave the game open while doing other things, and I played a lot for casual gaming/for fun)

23 hours and 35 mins of Online Play.

4 World Tours (3 for fun. 1 to clear up missing trophies)

The only major grind and hard part of this plat is ONLINE MASTER. Network Errors are your primary foe when it comes to platting this game. Be sure to get decent boosting partners. Besides that, everything else is very doable and when i say doable, it means PIECE OF CAKE!

I'll give it a 4 since Online Master took me a week. It's a guaranteed PLAT for those who have time. Cheers!

PS: If you need any help, I'd be glad to do so (Tips on other trophies, boosting strategies, gameplay tips, etc.), but I'm taking a break from boosting for now. Got tired of pressing X all the time :o

Edited by tofuness

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I vote this one a 5.

Beating the King is hard, getting 10 royal flushes is tricky, 4 aces in a row is hard. The rest of the trophies are easy.

I am not taking in to account the incredible online grind marathon to get to Rank A5, which took a couple of weeks, probably 40 plus hours. If time and grind was a factor this would be a 7 or 8, be warned the online part could drive you insane...!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...