Man vs. Wild Road Map and Trophy Guide

duck360

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let go of L2 or R2 that they tell you to hold it

Regarding getting on the train, there's gotta to be more to it than just holding R2 steady. I've been wasting hours too at this point without success. Anyone who has done this, could you please provide specific advice on how to get past this part?

I'm to the point of frustration that I may give up entirely on this game.

• 2 weeks later...

dude i just cant work out your guide, i start the the 1st lvl and i started in a diff part of the map and things like the shovel and bucket items were in diff places and before you encounter the bear for the 1st time the can item was alot further away from the bees than what your videos showed?? im a little confussed

Regarding getting on the train, there's gotta to be more to it than just holding R2 steady. I've been wasting hours too at this point without success. Anyone who has done this, could you please provide specific advice on how to get past this part?

I'm to the point of frustration that I may give up entirely on this game.

you have to hold R2 on the sweet spot and keep it held on the sweet spot while you balance yourself standing on the horse with the left stick. keep it all together and wait for the door to open. once you see the door open then press X to jump in. i know how tricky this can be because there is so much you have to do all at the same time but keep at it and you should get it eventually. it took me over an hour on this part but i finally got it.

Gez you gotta be kidding... I thought the previous ones were bad... I'll see what i can do about the vids ASAP

EDIT: I linked another set of videos. Tell me if they are good or not.

I was going to say I noticed you changed the videos cause I was using different sources on YoutUbe and today yours were removed. Anyways, back to the question, the ones you have linked now are the ones I've been using mostly found via Google and I actually like them as they are a lot shorter. Now I only have to watch two or three minutes of video rather than 10 minutes give or take. Regardless though, thanks for your guide and hopefully I'll have the plat tonight.

The Episode 4: Deserted Island Collectible Video is missing the 4th junk collectible (Shipping Package) which is required for the Casted Away trophy.

The 4th junk collectible (Shipping Package) can be found by going to the right side of the cave after going through the 1st set of Volcanic geysers where you have to cross 2-3 logs with lava underneath.

I had to use a different youtube video to find that Shipping Package.

I played the whole game without dying until I reached the very last 3 mins of the game and fall in a whole while sliding. After that I replayed the whole game again and fall in a similar whole in the same location which made me want to break the disk. But as the guide says I only played the last mission and finally past it without dying. Yet, I didn't get the trophy for the survival mode.

So, I guess you have to play the entire game in survival without dying...!!

Any can confirm that ?

Edited by NewType

OK, played normal, died a few times, continued a few times, exited a few times..... if I died, I would "restart" and play again. After beating game, the "dont die in any level" trophy did NOT pop. I remembered that in CHAPTER 3 when I replayed it that some of the power up pellets were already taken. SO, after beating I replayed CH 3. All the pellets were now there, I beat it w/o dying and BOOM...the trophy popped. The funny thing is that Yeah all the power up pellets were therey, but the last power up pellet going over the last jump on the boat was GONE before I got there. ABSOLUTELY AMAZED that it worked.

• 4 weeks later...
OK, played normal, died a few times, continued a few times, exited a few times..... if I died, I would "restart" and play again. After beating game, the "dont die in any level" trophy did NOT pop. I remembered that in CHAPTER 3 when I replayed it that some of the power up pellets were already taken. SO, after beating I replayed CH 3. All the pellets were now there, I beat it w/o dying and BOOM...the trophy popped. The funny thing is that Yeah all the power up pellets were therey, but the last power up pellet going over the last jump on the boat was GONE before I got there. ABSOLUTELY AMAZED that it worked.

Yeah, this game is glitched...

I went back and beat ch 2-5 without dying, and no trophy. So I took a chance and redid ch 1. I already beat it without dying (I thought), but I remembered quitting out to XMB when 1st bear killed me. So I redid the level (third time), and even died on 2nd bear... only this time, I quit out to XMB BEFORE I got to game over screen. I reloaded save, finished level from there and.... BAM! Trophy!

So it could be that if you're too slow on quitting out, the death still counts...

At the very least, I can verify that replaying levels does work, and you shouldn't have to delete your save and replay entire game...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't seem to figure out this glitch. I've replayed all the levels without dying, only not in order. I did 2-5, failed the 1st a few times, then finally beat the 1st level perfect. The game feels so skitchy because sometimes the yellow orbs are there, sometimes they're not... has anybody figured how the logic behind this yet? I feel like it might work if I beat them all in order perfect 1st time, but I'm losing my freaking patience with this game.

• 2 weeks later...