Self Duping Now Possible!!

Kahalachan

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took some tries to get the timing right, but worked like a charm in the end.

1 thing i would like to add:

It works best (for me) when Boldwin is not talking while you walk away.

I only had to press :square: for the shard once then, hit :start: and done.

No need to wait for his speech or time it right for the middle of his speech then.

Nord you start with the Nexial Binding. If you equip that to an item slot, (push square to use) it works. I suggest that you press circle repeatedly after you deposit the item so that you do not lose souls or shards of archstone if people are using that. You will still perform the action of teleporting to the Nexus but you will not go to the loading screen.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having trouble with this recently? I successfully did it once or twice, but now when I walk away from the vendor, my option for evac and archstone are grayed out.

Edit. I must have read this wrong previously. I was of the impression you had to choose to evac or use the item while Boldwin is speaking, not immediately after.

Edited by slim1815

• 2 weeks later...
Due to all the talk of the servers goin down and not being able to get the plat entirely in offline... :think:

Well, its a 100% Offline Plat, so the Servers got nothing to do with it.

When the Servers go offline, you can't play Online anymore tho (pretty obvious, eh?) wich in return means you won't be able to trade anymore and have to do everything on you're own.

• 1 month later...
An amazing, if game-breaking, find. This will definitely have to make it into the Trophy Guide.

I believe there was another such bug a long time ago, but that it was patched, and that this is based on the same type of bug, but this does work! lol

In any case, it just reduce the time you need to grind, you still need to get all the various stuff once, so I wouldn't call it game-breaking, just time-saving.

I believe there was another such bug a long time ago, but that it was patched, and that this is based on the same type of bug, but this does work! lol

In any case, it just reduce the time you need to grind, you still need to get all the various stuff once, so I wouldn't call it game-breaking, just time-saving.

Let's put it this way -- I started a new playthrough to test out this glitch and, after beating a handful of bosses, am as powerful as I was after my New Game + playthrough. Theoretically, a person could max out their Soul Level after completing the first level by continuously duping the Phalanx soul. This is not very efficient, of course, but it doesn't take long to reach a boss with a more substantial soul yield -- Flamelurker's "Red Hot Demon's Soul", for instance, nets you 18000 souls when consumed. How powerful your character gets is directly analogous to how long you want to sit there consuming Souls. I'd consider that game-breaking.

It's interesting to experience Demon's Souls as a "hack-and-slash" as opposed to the more deliberate experience that the developers intended, but those who pick this game up just to score an easy platinum trophy are depriving themselves of a really great experience, even if it did devolve into a grind at times (then again, what JRPG doesn't)?