Bosses are awesome.

MiiAmigo

• 2 weeks later...
I thought the boss fights were epic but it was annoying having to start again after dying with the bosses' health so low you can't see the bar.

Anyways they certainly spiced the game up. Hope to see them in PJS3 ;)

That's the worst part. Getting the boss at such a low health, in the final phase of the boss battle and then dying. :mad:

• 3 months later...

I truly enjoyed the game and the bosses, but have to say that the lack of checkpointing killed a huge amount of my enjoyment.

Especially with the bosses (and the last one particularly). Replaying a long, complex sequence because you've died at the end just plain isn't fun. Much of this game is, by design, fun and light-hearted - but no checkpoints is the hallmark of a challenging "hardcore" game.

It's a shame - the choice might have extended the gameplay, but it marred the experience.

• 5 months later...

I agree entirely. I got this game at launch, and I still haven't yet completed it primarily because it simply isn't fun with the lack of checkpoints. Replaying certain sections a bazillion times just isn't fun to me.

I truly enjoyed the game and the bosses, but have to say that the lack of checkpointing killed a huge amount of my enjoyment.

Especially with the bosses (and the last one particularly). Replaying a long, complex sequence because you've died at the end just plain isn't fun. Much of this game is, by design, fun and light-hearted - but no checkpoints is the hallmark of a challenging "hardcore" game.

It's a shame - the choice might have extended the gameplay, but it marred the experience.

• 3 weeks later...